: Car wasnt start after radio install

vanaisa
04-21-05, 02:05 PM
I dont need help here, just tell my story - maybe this helps someone.
OK, here is the story: I bought 93 FWB few months ago, and there was installed UGLY CD player (shown in pics). I got original stereo and installed it last night. Of course there was lots of work with wires, but finally i get it done. OK, i put all panels and plastic pieces back and start the engine....well, nothing happened. Starter turns, but engine doesnt start. Yippii, obviously i did something wrong or cut some wires/connectors and now i have fried OBD, PassKey- or theft deterrent system - those thoughts i had.
After few hours checking wires (and it started snowing, damn!) i found no loose connectors or damaged wires.
OK, back to basics, i checked is there gas pressure in system - no, zero pressure. Hmm, how about ignition - yes, nice strong blue spark.
And finally i found that fuel pump was dead. I hit few times gas tank with wooden broomstick (ignition on) and this damn thing started right away!
Seems, that brushes in pump are so outworn, that they dont have good contact anymore.
Just stupid coincidence, what costs me few extra hours :D (and lots of beer too).
By the way - Sal, my car looks similar to your Caddy, what you sold, isnt it?

BluEyes
04-21-05, 04:54 PM
You might also check the fuel pump relay - those have been known to stick and give people fits, and banging things can 'fix' them as well.

ShadowLvr400
04-21-05, 08:33 PM
Looks like mine too.

vanaisa
04-22-05, 09:52 AM
ShadowLvr400: Hehee, yes it looks similar. What year Caddy you have?
BluEyes: In this time relay was fine, but i keep this in mind, to check after fuses relays too. :yup: