: Non V Question - Classic Car Insurance

ctsvinman
04-21-05, 12:40 PM
I'm sure other V owners here are like me and have a few other true Muscle Cars. I have a 1970 Buick GSX Stage 1 and a 65 El camino with a 327 that my grandfather bought new in 65.

My question is..... what Classic Car issurance company do you use? Have you had a claim, wreck, car stolen etc.... that's what I'm really looking for, how your specific company handled the claim. They can all quote a price and I can choose on gut feeling, but a real example would help me make the right choice.

I know of Grundy and American Collectors Insurance.

Thanks
VinMan out.....

Rich64SS
04-21-05, 12:51 PM
I use Grundy. $224/yr. for $15,000 coverage on my '64 Impala SS. Easy to deal with as far as setting up coverage. Fill out some paperwork and send them some digital pics. I get unlimited mileage and am covered as long as I am going to a cruise or show. I take the car to work alot because I go from there to one of the nightly cruises, so I'm covered.

Luckily, I haven't had any claims. But, I have heard from people on other forums that they had no problems with the adjusters from Grundy appraising damage/loss fairly and very timely.
Good luck,
Rich

lasstss
04-21-05, 01:20 PM
I use Grundy. $224/yr. for $15,000 coverage on my '64 Impala SS. Easy to deal with as far as setting up coverage. Fill out some paperwork and send them some digital pics. I get unlimited mileage and am covered as long as I am going to a cruise or show. I take the car to work alot because I go from there to one of the nightly cruises, so I'm covered.

Luckily, I haven't had any claims. But, I have heard from people on other forums that they had no problems with the adjusters from Grundy appraising damage/loss fairly and very timely.
Good luck,
Rich

ANother is Haggerty.

Dont you have to have a few cars to get insurance? I didnt think they would do one car.?

Rich64SS
04-21-05, 01:44 PM
You just need to prove that you have a daily driver.

Sandyfoot-V
04-21-05, 08:42 PM
Hey, why wasn't this thread moved to the "Non-V Classic Car Insurance" sub-forum?

Just kidding!! :D

darvish
04-22-05, 06:27 AM
I had three cars insured with american collectors through USAA my regular insurance. I switched them to Hagerty. They have a much more liberal driving policy than American Collectors, plus road side assistance. Could not be happier with them.

Bill
St Louis

feline
04-22-05, 07:52 AM
VinMan, We have RARE Muscle CARS ( www.hassettroofing.com/cars ) and we use Haggerty Insurance--very good and we have Stated Values on All the cars. No hassles or problems with them. Give them a try, ask for a quote.
Good Luck,
Ginnie

blown65
04-22-05, 02:48 PM
I use hagerty on my stang, always been good to me.

DrivingAmericanNow
04-22-05, 04:20 PM
I've got an 1987 Lotus Turbo Esprit and a 1934 Pontiac Touring Sedan. They're both under American Classics and I've had great luck. Very inexpensive and very cooperative. The key is you really need to make sure that you get an "agreed value" policy. Good luck.

BUILDINGCTSAMG
04-22-05, 04:27 PM
You know this should be moved to the general forum, I wont because itll just start another storm, but believe it or not there are many many other members than V members, and some of them are even in the insurance industry! Try posting in there, you will get some great advice.

Koooop
04-22-05, 06:06 PM
I've been using Allstate, I drive my classic cars alot and I found the driving restrictions at other companies to be to restrictive and would require me to lie about actual miles driven. Allstate is not bad on my '69 Vette at $540 per year with full coverage at the maximum policy limits.