: Honestly, how much interest in S/C or T/C the N*

Sinister Angel
04-21-05, 10:46 AM
Sal and I were talking today, and we were wondering what the true interest would be for development of forced induction kits for the N*.

I would be interested in throwing a few bucks at the effort if I had them.

danbuc
04-21-05, 11:03 AM
I'd buy one (if I had the moeny that is), if it could be made reliable, and work with the factory PCM.

CTX-SLPR
04-21-05, 12:00 PM
I'd be interested in a T/C kit for a stock later Northstar that would run the stock PCM and pump gas. Oh and something within the rest of the drivetrains ability to endure with little to no modifications.

97BlueDeville
04-21-05, 12:47 PM
I would be interested in a Supercharger. But the Headunit would need to be quiet like the Vortech G-Trim SQ "Super Quiet". That Blower only flows 800CFM which in my mind is plenty for a Northstar motor, not to mention it's quiet.. Naving a loud blower for a nice caddy is not ideal.. Course it would need to work with the stock PCM, except for larget injectors and fuel pump like the Walbro 340M 255L per hour, a single one of these would be perfect. So then do you change the PCM programming with a tuner or run a FMU setup. I would hope a Tuner setup, FMU's are really not the proper way to tune your car at WOT, although I know they are cheaper than re-tuning your PCM..

Let us know..

Clint

Clint

davesdeville
04-21-05, 05:53 PM
I wouldn't be inclined to buy one since nitrous can provide similar power increases for one hell of a lot less money. Of course there are bottle refills but it would take a lot of refills to make up the price differance.

Enygma
04-23-05, 02:41 PM
I certainly would be interested in putting a s/c or t/c in my panellac project. As others have said, it would need to work with the PCM.

~Scott
http://www.hevanet.com/enygma/index.html

powerglide
04-23-05, 05:18 PM
Great to see one but I don't think I would install one.

It's just gonna be too much money to drop into a 98, and the additional stresss on the engine/drivetrain is sure to cause more problems than I need.

Furthermore mines a Sedan Deville and not sport car by any stretch of the imagination.

But there must be plenty of folks out there with newer and more sportier models that would use one.....but then if it voids the warranty maybe not.

.....if you think you have bad mileage now, wait till you drop in one of these.

powerglide
04-23-05, 05:25 PM
Scott, just saw your website!

Thats a cool project you got goin on over there!! I've always loved those old vans.

Running the Northstar in FWD is another great touch.

That digital display fits really nice in your dash too.

Good luck!