: Maggi CTS-V First Impressions

jlakowicz
04-21-05, 11:36 AM
I'm a happy man, and even have a happy wife about this. Both of us love this car. MP installed a Maggie, cam, etc, see below. The description is also on their web site, http://www.moreperformanceinc.com/. Troy at MP was great, he was ready to trailor the car back to Maryland himself, but at the last moment a transport person came through. We got the car at 5:30 AM this morning.

The car is awsome. The moment it was fired up you could hear the cam and exhaust, it truly sound like an old muscle car, like a big Mopar if I had to guess. You can hear the engine idling and feel just the right amount of shaking to know you are driving something fast. It has a good throttle response on the up side, but like other said, the engine slows down slowly.

It is great to drive, never need to take the engine over 2500 rpm, it is really torquey and just spins up to the next gear. Lots of torque all over the place. We have a fully worked LPE 383 vet, and I think the V is faster. Its hard to tell because the Vet makes lots of noise and the V is quiet. You can hear the supercharger at full throttle but except for all the off idle torque you don't know its there.

As soon as we got a small break in traffic we hit it a few times in 4th gear, in seconds we were up to 120, of course on a closed course for experienced drivers. It is just wonderful to drive, you hear the motor and exhaust, feel the torque, but its still a smooth running luxury car.

The shifter is much better, I didn't hear any noise and it doesn't bend like the stock shifter. I don't know yet if the wheel hop kit works, but we will find out when we get back to the closed course soon.

It is too bad we have to work or we would be out driving, but anyway the roads are now wet.

These mods were worth every penny and then some. We have to give credit to More Performance for being great to work with and for doing great work. Joe and Mary Lakowicz. :2thumbs:

Mods Summary:
2005 V, Black, Maggi, 6 psi, polished
MP cam, roller rocker arms, hardened pushrods
MP cold air intake, Corsa exhaust
Shifter, wheel hop kit. cags eliminator
465 RWHP, estimated 545 flywheel HP

darvish
04-21-05, 11:47 AM
Can we please stop posting about how incredible the Maggie is?... I found out the other day that the garage down the street is a Maggie dealer and installer!!!

DAMN IT i am SOOOO tempted.... and other than the wife being pissed at do that to a new car.... i cannot come up with a reason why i should NOT do it... the guy at the shop said it would take about 2 days to install. he practices what he preaches... his C5 has a Maggie.

Bill
St Louis

blownchevy
04-21-05, 11:52 AM
Can we please stop posting about how incredible the Maggie is?... I found out the other day that the garage down the street is a Maggie dealer and installer!!!

DAMN IT i am SOOOO tempted.... and other than the wife being pissed at do that to a new car.... i cannot come up with a reason why i should NOT do it... the guy at the shop said it would take about 2 days to install. he practices what he preaches... his C5 has a Maggie.

Bill
St Louis

Hehehehe DO IT!!:thumbsup::lildevil:

Joe and Mary: I am glad everything worked out and you guys are happy! Congrats on the new found V POWER!!!

Geno
04-21-05, 08:24 PM
Joe,
Congrats, sounds like you've got quit a ride. I knew you would be impressed. I'm sure you noticed that the LS6 has a split personality, up to the boost point it drives like a NA LS6 and at boost and beyond it rolls with ever increasing intensity. For those (DARVISH) that are contemplating a Maggie, "just do it!". You won't be disappointed. You'll have a very rare ride indeed, considering the number of "V"s produced and the even lower percentage of SC "V"s.
:dance:

I sure you will agree Joe the CTS-V and Maggie were meant for each other. Have fun, go fast and be safe...:thumbsup:

akm2k5
04-21-05, 08:43 PM
when can we expect some videos? :)

HDMLNIUM
04-21-05, 08:51 PM
Joe,
It sounds like you are very happy and good reasons to be..:thumbsup:
That Maggie sure sounds like a very good way to go, just wish I had the extra cash right now for more mods..
Enjoy the SC-V, I know I would be..:cheers:

Bill-05-V
http://photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/th_front-1.jpghttp://photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/th_engine-yeah.jpghttp://photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/th_rear-1.jpg
05 CTS-V--- Light Platinum
Llumar Clear Bra and Tinted windows, LS6 Emblem, Stealth-V z06 fuel rail covers and Cags Eliminator,
K&N drop in filter, B&B 3" resonator exhaust....more mods coming..
Online Photos http://photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/

jlakowicz
04-21-05, 08:54 PM
Geno, I agree, they were meant for each other. It is a special car. Can you send me your e mail address. I want to ask some questions offline. I sent you a private message.

amk2k5, that's a good idea. I know I can do pictures, videos would be good.

jlakowicz
04-21-05, 08:56 PM
HDMLNIUM, yes, the car is very nice with the Maggi. I hope you can find the money, its worth it. Joe

Rickerbucks
04-21-05, 09:51 PM
What does it cost to buy a Maggie kit? I'm not afraid of installing it myself.

benjet
04-21-05, 10:25 PM
What does it cost to buy a Maggie kit? I'm not afraid of installing it myself.

About 6 large.

DILLIGAF
04-22-05, 12:23 AM
$6,072.00 direct from magnuson, roughly $750 to install at dealer.Worth every penny imo.

akm2k5
04-22-05, 12:57 AM
any ideas how much the turbos kits are going to cost? And how many companies are producing turbo kits for the V?

wildwhl
04-22-05, 02:46 AM
Turbo shmurbo, go Maggie, or go home (j/k) :sneaky:

jlakowicz
04-22-05, 08:15 AM
Geno, thanks for your response. Yes it has a split personality, but it doesn't drive like stock at low speeds. The torque is there all the time, you wind up shifting faster at lower engine speeds and skipping gears because you don't need them. When you step on it a little it becomes a beast with a nice supercharger whine.

Geno
04-22-05, 09:49 AM
Geno, thanks for your response. Yes it has a split personality, but it doesn't drive like stock at low speeds. The torque is there all the time, you wind up shifting faster at lower engine speeds and skipping gears because you don't need them. When you step on it a little it becomes a beast with a nice supercharger whine.

Joe, did you get my e-mail address?

Dreamin
04-22-05, 12:51 PM
How's it feel in 1st and 2nd? A lot different than stock?

jlakowicz
04-22-05, 01:08 PM
Geno, yes I got you e mail and resopnded off line.

jlakowicz
04-22-05, 01:09 PM
Dreamin, to me it feel much different in 1st and 2nd, if you are on it or driving slow. It is way stronger and faster when on the gas, and feels like the engine is doing no work at all when driving normal.