: Shifting into reverse and other shift probs..

jagundo
04-21-05, 10:48 AM
Hello All,

Does anyone here have a problem shifting into reverse? When I start the car and need to reverse, I have to shift to first gear then to reverse because it will be difficult getting reverse if I don't. :rant2:

2 days ago, I couldn't get into 5th nor 6th gear when I was driving. I pulled over and turned off the car and back on and I was OK. :confused:

Am I the only one that has issues with the gears in this cars?

Thanks,
Jack

homer403
04-21-05, 11:01 AM
I have :banghead: the same problem with reverse. and sometimes with other gears but never to the point when I have to pull over though.

darvish
04-21-05, 11:03 AM
No.. actually i have had the exact same problem, including the inability to shift into 5th and 6th. Took it to the dealer.. they said :

A. they could not reproduce the problem.

B. I need to get used to a high performance shifter as this stiffness is normal.

I guess the Gemini 5 speed sequential in the formula RT 2000 car or the semi straight cut Quaiffe T9 in the Super 7 arent high performance enough.

I was a bit dissapointed with the results.

I would like to know how familiar the person who evaluated the shifter was with stickshifts.

You people who live near Cadillac dealers that understand these cars and are familiar with them have no idea how lucky you are.

I would kill to live near Lund Cadillac.

maybe when i retire....................

Bill
St Louis

akm2k5
04-21-05, 11:07 AM
its funny how dealerships can never "reproduce" any problems that need warranty repair.

urbanski
04-21-05, 11:11 AM
the reverse issue IS normal for the T56

the 5/6 is NOT, have dealer replace trans.

V-seriesTech
04-21-05, 11:23 AM
try a forward gear, like first, then reverse. It will fix your immediate problem.

darvish
04-21-05, 11:37 AM
Yup..first to reverse is the common way of getting it into reverse. That i can live with.. I was a bit more concerned with the innability to shift into higher gears in high engine torque situations.

Bill
St Louis

trekster
04-21-05, 12:02 PM
Hmm the only problem I seem to have is whenever I try to switch to second gear; there seems to be something that wants to push the shifter(sort of like a bump) back....therefore I kinda force the shifter to go into second. And also the car pops out of second gear at times. Maybe it's the shitty shifter?

markbinkc
04-21-05, 12:17 PM
Well I had my clutch assembly replaced about 2 weeks ago. Somewhere on the forum I posted the part #'s that were replaced. It took me about 10 minutes to back out of a parking space, and then when I got to the dealership, they could barely get the car off the service floor. The invoice said several cylinders were replaced and that the clutch was "bleeding fluid" not allowing it to fully disengage. Reverse was the worst gear.

Mark