: black v which wax???

ndogg ct
04-20-05, 08:48 PM
which wax is the best for both protection and look,mainly protection though...thanks alot!!

2004ctsv
04-20-05, 08:55 PM
Let the flame wars begin:lildevil:

I think you'll find many opinions if you do a search through past posts.

Tony

Meguiars Nxt Tech

ndogg ct
04-20-05, 08:56 PM
on my 03 audi i used p21s the stuff was good but not sure if i should try something new?

homer403
04-20-05, 09:20 PM
Here goes my 2 cents... first, go synthetic... i.e., POLYMERS. :thumbsup:

If your paint is perfect, meaning little or no scratches... go REJEX (see threads here on REJEX)... but REJEX will not take out fine scratches... this stuff was made for the military... slippery as hell. Needs 12 hours to cure though.

IF paint has minor scratches... use Meguiar's NXT Generation TECH Wax (even they say it's their best wax) and will take out fine scratches. Get it at Wal-Mart for $13.00.

DILLIGAF
04-20-05, 09:50 PM
zaino,nothing else!

akm2k5
04-20-05, 09:52 PM
I use urine.

j/k* I use Klasse.

Kev
04-20-05, 10:00 PM
Pure Carnuba is always an excellent choice. Sure it's old school. Sure it's a workout to apply. Just think of the guns you're gonna have when you're done waxing once a week! :thumbsup:

Florian
04-20-05, 10:20 PM
Zaino for the wax, P21S for the wheel cleaner....accept no substitutes!

Florian

Kev
04-20-05, 10:25 PM
Pure Carnuba is always an excellent choice. Sure it's old school. Sure it's a workout to apply. Just think of the guns you're gonna have when you're done waxing once a week! :thumbsup:"Wax on, wax off. Paint fence, no side side, up down! Paint house, no up down, side side. Now, catch fry with chop stick and you Karate Master."

darvish
04-20-05, 10:26 PM
Here goes my 2 cents... first, go synthetic... i.e., POLYMERS. :thumbsup:

If your paint is perfect, meaning little or no scratches... go REJEX (see threads here on REJEX)... but REJEX will not take out fine scratches... this stuff was made for the military... slippery as hell. Needs 12 hours to cure though.

IF paint has minor scratches... use Meguiar's NXT Generation TECH Wax (even they say it's their best wax) and will take out fine scratches. Get it at Wal-Mart for $13.00.

Having spent about 30 years in the Army and the Air Force...... being made for the military is not always a good thing!!:devil:

Bill
St Louis

BTW,, i love Rejex

thebigjimsho
04-21-05, 08:23 AM
Pure Carnuba is always an excellent choice. Sure it's old school. Sure it's a workout to apply. Just think of the guns you're gonna have when you're done waxing once a week! :thumbsup:Ummmm, you can't have pure carnauba wax. About the highest percentage of carnauba in a wax mixture is 15%. Carnauba in its natural form is a hard crystal. Many liquid waxes today have a high concentration of carnauba.

I use Griot's Garage Best of Show wax. My black V looks perfect with it. Zaino's is obviously good but with how good my V looks, Zaino's can't be any better.

One note of caution for Rejex and polymer users: If you seal a dirty car, you will trap contaminants that will deepen a once miniscule pit. You should always clay a car after a wash and before polishing and/or waxing. Polymers will make a more complete seal and will be extremely difficult to remove. So if you fail to get out those contaminants, just watch your cars imperfections increase in time exponentially.

rand49er
04-21-05, 09:01 AM
I learned about Zaino here on forum, tried it, love it. Recently heard about Rejex on different thread here, ordered some, should be here today. Can't wait to use it on the V's wheels where brake dust is a problem, especially the rears; darn hard to get it all off without removing them.

Never used "clay", though. How exactly does that work?

Yaemish
04-21-05, 11:35 AM
I like the Zaino products a lot. I used the Z2 and Z5 on my dark blue car and it looks great. Between waxes I usually use tehir Z6 spray to keep it smooth and shiny. These products are sealants so they offer better protection over waxes and usually last several months. Unlik emany other sealants, the Z products have a lot of depth when put on a dark color. Another good combo arethe Klasse twins, AIO sealant and Sealant Glaze. If you goto autopia.org you can find a wealth of info on paint care.

ronr
04-21-05, 12:12 PM
The Rejex instructions say you can put it over other waxes. Any one tried this?

hcvone
04-21-05, 12:36 PM
If you want long durability then go with a synthetic product like Zaino or Klasse SG, of course paint prep is very important no matter what product you use, spend the time to take any swirls or scratches out before you start, because once you shine your car up these defects will stick out even more. You can put synthetic "waxes" over carnauba wax, but you will lose a lot of durability because the synthetics can not "grip" the surface as well due to the wax left on, your best results with a synthetic will be on a bare clean surface. :)

b4z
04-21-05, 04:27 PM
NXT tech wax does not last very long. Follow it with a coat of carnuba with no cleaners in it.

INSANEDEGO
04-21-05, 04:38 PM
which wax is the best for both protection and look,mainly protection though...thanks alot!!

ZANIO OR KLASSE.. BY FAR THE BEST OUT THERE

drdaveyourchiro
04-21-05, 05:15 PM
I have used Meguiars car/Cleaner wax successfully then followed it with their Gold Standard. I bought clay. Should I skip the Car/Cleaner wax after claying and go directly to the Gold Standard?
Dr. Dave

ndogg ct
04-21-05, 05:39 PM
any other rejex opinions??looks like it's either zaino or rejex??so both will protect the paint good?thanks!

blownchevy
04-21-05, 05:43 PM
ZAINO, Hands down!

ndogg ct
04-21-05, 08:50 PM
just so everyone know i bought the klasse package that includes both klasse's,a pinnacle wax that they say is applied after the klasse for a sweet shine!!,the package also comes with pinnacle mist spray and some towels for $100..i guess this pinnacle stuff is $60 alone and is supposed to be awesome for black?well see how she comes out next weekend??thanks for the replies guys!!

GeoGoGo
04-21-05, 08:50 PM
Zaino. There is nothing like it in the world. Goes on easier and comes of even more so. Leaves no powder on the car and no residue on your hands.

First wash with Dawn dishwashing liquid to remove all traces of wax, follow with claybar (somewhat tiring and time consuming but well worth it), then wash with Zaino car wash, polish with Z2 or Z5 with ZFX addative. Lastly a quick mist and wipe down with Z6 Gloss enhancer. Simply incredible.

I spent four hours on my parents DeVille while they were away and it looks better than it ever did before. It really does look like a show car. The best thing is that once you go through the initial process, you only need to wash, polish, and mist with the Gloss Enhancer. Claybar once a year. The regular maintenance takes maybe two hours tops.

It is utterly amazing stuff. Believe everything you hear about it. Hope this helps!

Respectfully,

George D.

CTSV-MERCEDESE55
04-22-05, 01:50 AM
NDOGG: What wax do you use on your Miken Ultra or Synergy.

R Angelo
04-22-05, 07:56 AM
The best is Klasse

punchyponcho
04-22-05, 10:58 AM
You guys, did we all forget what the european high end cars use at the dealership? Zymol- is the best- hands down- you can rub out small scratches with it. After I lay new paint and rub it out- I use Zymol instead of glaze because it's actually cutting the paint to a perfect shine- absolutely the best stuff I've ever used. I will never switch to nothing else- it has made me money and cut a lot of arm breaking work.

CTS-VPaco
04-22-05, 01:15 PM
I used Rejex, and it did good, but the shine wasn't very deep. So I picked up some Zaino, had my friend use a soft pad (buffer) on the car. While this initial wash and shine took us over 5 hours total, the car couldn't have looked this good off the showroom floor. Take a look at these...

onejoe
04-22-05, 03:30 PM
Another vote for Zaino!

CADDYBLACK99
04-22-05, 06:53 PM
I have never tried Klasse or Rejex. I have used Zaino porducts for the past couple years. My spring shipment just arrived today! I cannot say enough about how easy it is to use and maintain. Optically it is nearly perfect! Great long-lasting protection.

CadV
04-22-05, 07:31 PM
I have used Rejex and was not impressed at all. Zaino is the best wax period...

ndogg ct
04-22-05, 09:51 PM
whow mercedes who are you??a fellow softball freak??

CTSV-MERCEDESE55
04-22-05, 10:40 PM
ndogg- Greg from Boombah.
I have a 2000 Mercedes E55 AMG that my wife now drives
because I prefer the new CTSV. Glad to see you feel the same way. pm me thru softball fans (royhobbs7)

akm2k5
04-22-05, 11:28 PM
Klasse isnt a wax, its a polish.. Because it is not a wax, I use it. It has worked better than any wax I have used. One of the worst products I have used is Nu Finish.. (I know a few have used it and loved it.. but I dont like it one bit)..

Koooop
04-22-05, 11:59 PM
I go out in the morning to where the V sits...Outside on the street...I get a towel, wipe the moisture off it and off I go!

I don't need no stinking wax! Don't cry about surface scratches, I've taken them to a whole new level.

(What I need is a bigger garage)

trekster
04-23-05, 12:04 AM
I go out in the morning to where the V sits...Outside on the street...I get a towel, wipe the moisture off it and off I go!

I don't need no stinking wax! Don't cry about surface scratches, I've taken them to a whole new level.

(What I need is a bigger garage) It can't be worse than my scratches. post pics

Koooop
04-23-05, 12:55 AM
It can't be worse than my scratches. post pics

God help the car if the surface scratches would show up in pic on the web. :bonkers:

Maybe I should quit using the humanless all brush car wash!

PneuBird
04-23-05, 04:53 AM
I've used Eagle Nanowax for over a year now and have no complaints. It does a good job of taking out the fine scratches and swirl marks. Spent the better part of six hours putting on the wax and then put Rejex on the whole car.........Damm it looks like new!! This is the first time I have used Rejex and this stuff really works. You should make sure the car is clean before you use it so your not sealing in the dirt. :thumbsup: :yup:

Rickerbucks
04-23-05, 11:39 AM
Zaino man myself. It too is a polish not a wax.

BeagleBrains
04-23-05, 07:29 PM
I have used Meguiars car/Cleaner wax successfully then followed it with their Gold Standard. I bought clay. Should I skip the Car/Cleaner wax after claying and go directly to the Gold Standard?
Dr. Dave
If you diligently follow a car finish care routine, avoid the words "cleaner" and "polish" for any application. Such words are used when an abrasive compound is used. That is only necessary for cars that have been neglected and the paint has oxidized. Skip the cleaner.
Also, use only towels that are 100% pure cotton. Most towels have a rayon and cotton mix for durability. The rayon is a coarse fiber that can contribute to swirl marks. The new micro fiber cloths are ideal, but pure cotton towel are equally gentle on your paint and cheaper.

lasstss
04-23-05, 09:12 PM
Just got done reading a test done on the NSX forum with Zaino Zymol & some others. Zaino again hands down, mostly for its durability. I just order some to see if the hype is real... I have been usung DRI-Wash&guard for 8 years its a polymer polish. Never saw a better shine, especially on black. I cant leave a rag on the hood as it slides right off.
Im interested to see if the Zaino can top my shine. If it does, great, im a convert. The stuff is a bit pricy..

thebigjimsho
04-24-05, 01:41 AM
If you diligently follow a car finish care routine, avoid the words "cleaner" and "polish" for any application. Such words are used when an abrasive compound is used. That is only necessary for cars that have been neglected and the paint has oxidized. Skip the cleaner.
Also, use only towels that are 100% pure cotton. Most towels have a rayon and cotton mix for durability. The rayon is a coarse fiber that can contribute to swirl marks. The new micro fiber cloths are ideal, but pure cotton towel are equally gentle on your paint and cheaper.Exactly!

I don't know what you guys are using or talking about but a polish should NEVER be the last thing you apply to a car. Yes, it makes the car look great but that is the effect of the abrasive wearing down the imperfections. If you do not apply a wax or polymer, what the hell are you doing?? Leaving your nice finish unprotected for it to get messed up again...and very quickly.

Clean, then wax. If you have moderate to deep scratches, clean, polish then wax. Please figure out exactly what you're doing before touching such a fine automobile. And yes, microfiber is your best friend.

Joey'sVee
04-24-05, 03:20 AM
I'm a 4 year Zaino guy. I use the clay bar and that is the trick. If you want your car to shine like never b-4 use the clay bar, Z2 w/accelerator, Z5 w/accelerator, and Z6. I usually put 3 coats of polish on my car. It last a LONG time. My dad talked me into buying the Meguiars Nxt Tech. I used it today. Trust me when I tell you this....Nothing compares to Zaino! I was very disappointed with the Meguiars. Yes it shined but not like Zaino. With Zaino your carís finish looks great and very deep. Through the years I have tried about every wax on the market with my cars and wasted lots of $$$, but no more...Zaino for life...it truly is incredible!

I ordered some Rejax today...make no mistake about it though...the rejax is only for the wheels. :yup:

thebigjimsho
04-24-05, 04:04 AM
OK, I get it now. Zaino just calls everything polish because they don't want to confuse you since the entire industry seems to play on most people's ignorance of what polishes and waxes really are.

In fact, some of the items that Zaino's calls polish are actually waxes or polymers that have the same effect as waxing the car. If you truly put on 3 coats of polish, a Black Raven V would become Platinum over time.

Again, a polish needs to remove some of the paint as it blends to make the finish look new again. A wax or polymer then seals it to keep it looking new.

I can't blame Zaino's for going along with this misnomer, and I will not comment any further on the trus differences. For those who actually want to know what they're doing when detailing their V and not just what sounds cool, buy th Griot's Garage detailing booklet. It will give you all the info you'll need.

lasstss
04-24-05, 10:33 AM
I would be careful with claybars on a black car. They are somewhat abrasive even with the chemical they give you . I had to buff out a few areas of my last black car as the bar made the factory orangepeel stand out even more by scuffing the peaks in the orangepeel. JMO.. I wouldnt use a dirty bar either.

Joey'sVee
04-24-05, 11:00 AM
I agree there are differences in polish and wax but in Zaino jargon it's all polish, hence 3 coats of polish. Zaino tells you, you can put up to three coats on in a 24 hour period.

I have had 2 black cars and no prob with the clay bar as long as you use the lubricant. I will use both clay bars on my car when I clay it so there's almost no chance of dirt on the surface of the clay (because you kneed it continuously during the claying process). If it's washed good...the clay will still be mostly yellow when you toss it. I like it because it gets out tiny embedded particles in the paint. I do this once every 6 months.

thebigjimsho
04-24-05, 02:58 PM
I've clayed with no issues on my black V. Actually, the only thing I warn is claying around a clear bra, as it will snag the clay and you can get yellow lines at the border that is a pain to remove.

BeagleBrains
04-24-05, 03:38 PM
THEBIGJIMSHO has it nailed. No polish! Take care with the type of cloth applicator. I paid a seamstress to cut pure 100% cotton towels into pads that fit my orbital polisher. I throw them away when show wear, as this is probably evidence of holding dirt that be abrasive.
I have been using Zaino for some time. Each additional application enlivens the depth of the shine. I use dish soap to totally remove waxes. I I follow this with a clay treatment. The dish soap is effective and does not harm the paint or clear coat, is used sparingly.

MikeF
04-25-05, 12:26 AM
So: I'm the only one here that uses Turtle Wax?

homer403
04-25-05, 12:32 AM
I don't know why I am :histeric: , for all I know, Tutrle Wax may rock:histeric: , sorry.

PneuBird
04-25-05, 01:35 PM
Yep per ....good old Turtle Wax ....$1.98 at your local Pep Boys store!!:histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

ndogg ct
05-08-05, 07:23 PM
just to let everyone know i just finished the klasse all in one and sealant treatment followed by pinnacle sovereign wax on my black v,the car looks sick!!
klasse is the sh*t!!!the only tough part is the sealant but i started off using to much...the pinnacle carnuba wax is an excellent finish but is big$$ the shine is worth it though..if anyone wants a good paint protection kit this is it!!

Kev
05-08-05, 07:34 PM
just to let everyone know i just finished the klasse all in one and sealant treatment followed by pinnacle sovereign wax on my black v,the car looks sick!!
klasse is the sh*t!!!the only tough part is the sealant but i started off using to much...the pinnacle carnuba wax is an excellent finish but is big$$ the shine is worth it though..if anyone wants a good paint protection kit this is it!!Carnuba, there you go baby, that's what I'm talkin about!

cadillac04
05-09-05, 09:38 AM
Clayed the car then applied REJEX. I did this almost right after I got the car so it never had any wax on it except for the stuff that the dealer put on.

I just loved the application process of REJEX . It still was quite impressive for the amount of effort that it took. My last application was in November. I will be doing another REJEX this month. I believe that it has as deep of a shine as the Carnuba, etc. that I was using. I started out using REJEX for the wheels then I put it on the grill area for easier bug removal , finally the entire car. I also used REJEX on my black truck and have other members of my family using REJEX after they saw my car. Strangers have stopped me to ask what I'm using on my car so I carry the email address for REJEX to give them.
Since I used waxes and polishes on my various cars I find :worship: REJEX is my choice!

riverrat
05-09-05, 11:04 AM
I think I have every polish/wax on this thread with 4 black cars I just keep trying to find a miracle product. Next one to try - getting great reviews is Adam's Polishes. Check out their web site many how-to videos. Looks to be very Zaino like product line, small batch poly product. I will be ordering very soon.

lasstss
05-09-05, 11:57 AM
I think I have every polish/wax on this thread with 4 black cars I just keep trying to find a miracle product. Next one to try - getting great reviews is Adam's Polishes. Check out their web site many how-to videos. Looks to be very Zaino like product line, small batch poly product. I will be ordering very soon.

I have my stack also. I just used the Zaino stuff over the weekend. It shines nice but leaves too much dust and static behind. Im not impressed.
The Dri wash & guard is still the best I have used on a black car. No dust, no static, smooth as glass and just as shiny. Way easier to use... JMO.. Also, their metal polish is outstanding on aluminum.
DO NOT USE ULTRA ION! Stick with the 'Classic'.

http://www.dri-wash.us/