: SRT8 vs V vs GTO

05ctsvfan
04-20-05, 06:37 PM
The "dyno thread" was getting old. I got very curious when I saw the posting from katshot showing better 0-60 and handling better than the "V" so I went hunting...

Bottom line is the 8 is an awesome car with a very impressive engine and handling but its not a V. The V, as stated is more in the 911 territory.

Anyway, if your not on your toes they can take you from 0-60 but hit the first turn and they are in the corn field.

No flame, again I think the 8 is killer for a boat that looks like it should be in the roger rabbit move...IMHO

Enjoy the real world data.

http://motortrend.com/roadtests/sedan/112_0502_trio/

akm2k5
04-20-05, 06:44 PM
Its normal for different magazines to get different times... I didnt really understand what katshot was trying to say.

benjet
04-20-05, 06:54 PM
FWIW American auto magazine comparos are not really objective, unfortunately.

akm2k5
04-20-05, 06:58 PM
I'd trust a Top Gear comparison more than anything... Tiff in the V and Jeremy in the SRT....

Katshot
04-20-05, 08:07 PM
Its normal for different magazines to get different times... I didnt really understand what katshot was trying to say.

I agree that different magazines can have different times. There are many reasons for this but I won't get into that now. As I mentioned in the thread (but I guess a lot of people missed it), I think the CTS-V is a better road-racer but in real-world driving (where most of us drive) it's more than possible for a 'V' driver to get beat by the likes of a '05 GTO or SRT-8. They are just as quick, manage the slalom as well, and are just as fast at top end. At least the data I provided about the SRT-8 shows this to be true.
I think the CTS-V is a great first effort and hope that current owners and enthusiasts will keep pushing Cadillac for improvements rather than be content with the first effort. Because if they don't, this market will roll right on by the CTS-V and it will end up just another great GM one hit wonder.

steve711
04-20-05, 08:20 PM
I agree that different magazines can have different times. There are many reasons for this but I won't get into that now. As I mentioned in the thread (but I guess a lot of people missed it), I think the CTS-V is a better road-racer but in real-world driving (where most of us drive) it's more than possible for a 'V' driver to get beat by the likes of a '05 GTO or SRT-8. They are just as quick, manage the slalom as well, and are just as fast at top end. At least the data I provided about the SRT-8 shows this to be true.
I think the CTS-V is a great first effort and hope that current owners and enthusiasts will keep pushing Cadillac for improvements rather than be content with the first effort. Because if they don't, this market will roll right on by the CTS-V and it will end up just another great GM one hit wonder.
Agreed that it's a drivers race.At any given time (depending on driver) either car will take it BUT, The proof is in the link provided by 05ctsvfan.
The cts-v is a better car all the way around, No if's, And's or but's about it.
The srt-8 is a wonderfull "first effort" By Daimler to enter the super-sport-sedan class.It's no V.End of discussion.

Dave's V
04-20-05, 08:21 PM
A freaking Yugo can beat a V in the real world if the V driver is a total idiot, but when most of the articles/magazines show that the V has better times it is most likely faster.

Given the same skilled driver with stock cars, the V will beat either the GTO or the SRT. The V has 3.73 gears compared to 3.42 in the GTO. I know the F1s are stickier than the GTO's. Probably the SRT also. The GTO is a coupe anyways with a trunk as big as the V's spare tire hole. You can also get some ricers that can run with the V, until their small motor blows itself up.

Again, magazines compare the V to the M series BMW and the AMG series Mercedes. That is pretty good company.

The track proves a lot of things. That is where most high technical stuff from regular cars comes from.

akm2k5
04-20-05, 08:51 PM
I have an idea.. Why dont we not compare 0-60 stats, and lateral G stats to see which one is a better car.. Lets do Interior quality, Reliability, features/options, and Resale/Trade in values.. It seems that no matter how you start, people always end up talking about how fast a car is to determine which car is better.. but thats not doing real world comparisons... Theres much more than just speed...

05ctsvfan
04-20-05, 08:53 PM
Thought this was a good post....sorry to steal...from another review...

Again, I agree the SRT8 is an excellent car. It's just not in the same class as the V, M5, Merc....Nor do I think it apeals to the same people. Even if that car was faster and hanlded better (which it does not). I would by the mustang GT long before I bought the bently...I mean SRT..

You can't think Caddy will sit back....No way..

The Cts -V.. i resdthe reports from Car and driver and road and track.. funny the resulting 0-60 and 1/4 mile times are with a faulty PSi tire...

Having one of the obviosly newer assembly line CTS-v.. i can sevral comment.

All good.. its been meticulously broken it.. so this abaove 5 second 0-60 bull is just that.. < having a Z06 its not genios , but prctice to get a car withthat kind of Hp & tq off the line.. i've easily done 4.7- even 4.6..thise is awd.. lighweight Evo time.. and the 1/4 came up for me in 13.1
this car is miraculous..( 60 ft was a1.99.. not the 2.3 car and driver got.. they aren't the best divers that is a known fact.. it comes from testing many cars.. so the launching quirk of any partiular car is not in their repetiore)

as a engineer i wated no time putting in a hi-po dual friction kevlar clutch.and exanded the rear wheel to the rim max 255 with far better rubber.. ( my favorite on all my cars BFG kd or kdw's)..

in doing so.. reducing the rear psi by 2 and increasing the front by 2 for daily driving this car is truly everything America could hope for..

its ride its capacity , its total handling.. is similar to top C4 z51 vettes.. though not quite up to a C5 z51.. what can you expect.. its a luxy sport..
( but real close in alot of respects.. and with the power advantage.. on a track it could take a C5 z51 on a long course run)

If you ever thougght to buy the M5 or a merceded.. you need to stop ..clear you mind of previous Caddy offerings..and test drive one..

you'll leave in total shock .. especially at its price.

on the second note.. i hee alt of Whining about the GT0.. ,damn its an Ls1.. Boltons are aplenty.. and littel need to be done.. of coure the car can easily mange the sme Ws6/SS accelaration times.. you don't like stealth.. hell does an M5 promote the look ( hell i own an M3 and it desn't look any differnt on a simple exam than a 330. so the M# marking is the only clue and it you know what M stye wheel use.. otherwise a Box. though it does handle with athority andd is a Sports cr to no end) of a road rocket.. yet it is.... the car is just fine.. and this s the Autralian modle.. shortly GM will build it on an American platform..and styling q's will be addressed.. its interior matches or exceeds any BMW.. and that is a fact.. with better ruber and wider tires this car can easily be an above par handler.. as it is..it does very well..
with LS1 parts aplenty..this is a plateform that mere bolt-ons can make devestating

a Gentleman in Indiana remarked his s/c XKR can beat the GTo by .3.. in one magazine test 13.7 vs the 14 flat for the GTO. but another mag had the GTo ..heavy as it is in the 13.7 realm.. gears nitto's and some intake and exhaust work can put this car in the 13 flat zone.. a.1 off the cobra.. with far more luxury and interoir style.

this car also represent a great American value and heritage.

i feel bad for those that nitpick.. my Z06 LPE and my Ws6 Lpe.. is always critized for the most inane things , interior.. like a batmobile interiror.. its a bad thing in a hipo V8 firebreathers??.. i had one such person comment about the cat hump on the passenger side..

funnny i don't drive on the passenger side.. so how does it ruin the interior..

people can't help but try to pick apart American cars costing far less and in overall looks ,look better , meaner, and perform heads above the more expenive competition.. i've had no problems, Zero returns to the dealer.. so that to me, says alot.. and i own M3, a Modena. and some varios other cars not considered totally high performance.. but fast and sweet non the less and most are American..

be proud of the CTS-V..its just the begining of Gm &Ford pandora's box
Sorry fr any mispells english is the 3rd language i learned..behing italian and latin.. for those who have a anal problem with spellling

I hope i pumped up GM loyalists.. in Europe.. Gm it well respected.. even a stock Ws6 or SS.. with speed liniter removed is acar that snapsheads looking at them and marveling at the rumble of the V8 sound.. they love i.. and a black with balck tinted and lowerd ws6/ SS is quite the site in europe and japan urprising to everyone.. especailly the rice d=crowd.. with the 01-02 cpable of13 falt.and the slight mod of thr 1le factory seting.. these car ntiquated tech.. prove devestating over thei in NA frm.. ad a simple airbx dry Nos to them , using a progreessing controller.and an extr 150 on tap.. put the the real fly wheel hp of 370+ to 520.. a beast

Vrocks
04-20-05, 09:22 PM
Different cars. <--- period

[ The other cars that I looked at and consider competitors for the V are: ]
- Previous gen BMW M5 and new M5 ( even though the new one costs more and is faster, it offers a similiar experience )
- Audi RS4

[ More cars that I'd look at since I don't need 4 doors and 5 seats ]
- Corvette C6 with Z51
- BMW M3
- Porsche 911

[ Here are cars that are very similiar to the CTS - V but were missing certain features ]
- Mercedes C32 or C55 [ No manual transmission, doesn't feel as good as a CTS - V or BMW ]
- Audi S4 [ Not fast enough from the factory, doesn't handle as well as CTS - V ]
- SRT - 8 [ Too big, automatic transmission, not my kind of style ]
- GTO LS2 [ Doesn't handle or feel as good as the CTS - V, styling isn't very good ]

Also, this is the last year or so for the current generation CTS-V. I think it's safe to assume that the '07 CTS - V will be better than our V's.

Barak
04-20-05, 11:33 PM
I too considered an SRT-8 before buying the V. I think it is an absolutely amazing car and had I been older I may have given it more consideration. Ultimately the CTS-V just fits me better, but I must say that I am still shocked that Chrysler could make such a beast for ten grand less than the V.

thebigjimsho
04-21-05, 08:31 AM
The "dyno thread" was getting old. I got very curious when I saw the posting from katshot showing better 0-60 and handling better than the "V" so I went hunting...

Bottom line is the 8 is an awesome car with a very impressive engine and handling but its not a V. The V, as stated is more in the 911 territory.

Anyway, if your not on your toes they can take you from 0-60 but hit the first turn and they are in the corn field.

No flame, again I think the 8 is killer for a boat that looks like it should be in the roger rabbit move...IMHO

Enjoy the real world data.

http://motortrend.com/roadtests/sedan/112_0502_trio/ (http://motortrend.com/roadtests/sedan/112_0502_trio/) So will this thread be used in another argument in a couple months? This is a vicious circle. That article is months old and the same thread with almost the exact same title is in here somewhere. Search time. Katshot and many of us here have known these numbers for months.

Not meant as a flame but as a reminder.

urbanski
04-21-05, 08:41 AM
dear god why do we have to do this all over again

NIK
04-21-05, 08:55 AM
I too considered an SRT-8 before buying the V. I think it is an absolutely amazing car and had I been older I may have given it more consideration. Ultimately the CTS-V just fits me better, but I must say that I am still shocked that Chrysler could make such a beast for ten grand less than the V.

Now that they're hitting the streets and in the real world, check exactly how much they are really going for .... to get one as well equipted as the "V" (nav system, etc.) one is just south of $49,995.00, and that doesn't add on what the dealer is going to scalp if you want an early edition. The advantage they do have, however, is the fact that you can get one without all the bells and whistles for around $40,000.00 (before dealer scalping) and you can have the car with F-1 runflats or all-season performance tires (your choice.)

PneuBird
04-21-05, 01:10 PM
:wacky: :farting:

Old Racer
04-21-05, 05:07 PM
Good grief, I hate to add to the 'paranoia,. but the bench racing is so good in this thread I just had to particpate. I'm sure sometime in 1903 or so H. Ford and R. E. Oldsmobile went out on a long stretch of wagon trail with whatever they had at the time and battled to the finish, probably being passed by S. Steamer in the long run.

My sleeper '96 Buick Regal GS 4-dr., supercharged (and tweaked) series II 3.8 (12.8@110) would run with, and embarrass, some of you modded V-guys, and spank most, if not all, of you stock V's:coolgleam . I tick myself off:banghead: because the Buick is faster than my '62 fuelie Vette. I've beaten alot of guys with faster cars with my 14.9@92 '95 STS because I know how to drive the car, which is the name of the game when matching up supercars---watch out for those modded Evo's and SRT-4's. The Caddys are great to have, especially when you can wipe someone's tail with them. But get behind the wheel and get your skills up to snuff. And if you ever have an old Grampa Buick buzz you, mash it and don't give me any breathing room--I won't catch you if you do.:helpless: --Fred

Dave's V
04-21-05, 06:26 PM
Good grief, I hate to add to the 'paranoia,. but the bench racing is so good in this thread I just had to particpate. I'm sure sometime in 1903 or so H. Ford and R. E. Oldsmobile went out on a long stretch of wagon trail with whatever they had at the time and battled to the finish, probably being passed by S. Steamer in the long run.

My sleeper '96 Buick Regal GS 4-dr., supercharged (and tweaked) series II 3.8 (12.8@110) would run with, and embarrass, some of you modded V-guys, and spank most, if not all, of you stock V's:coolgleam . I tick myself off:banghead: because the Buick is faster than my '62 fuelie Vette. I've beaten alot of guys with faster cars with my 14.9@92 '95 STS because I know how to drive the car, which is the name of the game when matching up supercars---watch out for those modded Evo's and SRT-4's. The Caddys are great to have, especially when you can wipe someone's tail with them. But get behind the wheel and get your skills up to snuff. And if you ever have an old Grampa Buick buzz you, mash it and don't give me any breathing room--I won't catch you if you do.:helpless: --Fred

Wow! 12.8@110! That sounds similiar to a stock V which means a modded one would leave your old Buick in the dust. A few of us have owned Grand Prix GTPs around here. We know what a highly modified "series II 3.8SC" can do and we also know its disadvantages.

I would hardly call a 95 STS a supercar and it isn't hard to mash the accelerator. My 88 Mustang pulled the same times as your STS.

Ooo!! Watch out the SRT 4! Big deal. They are barely hitting 14s stock. Evos can't even keep their clutches or engines together.

With a similar skilled driver the V would beat all of the stock cars you have mentioned.

Katshot
04-23-05, 07:39 AM
Agreed that it's a drivers race.At any given time (depending on driver) either car will take it BUT, The proof is in the link provided by 05ctsvfan.
The cts-v is a better car all the way around, No if's, And's or but's about it.
The srt-8 is a wonderfull "first effort" By Daimler to enter the super-sport-sedan class.It's no V.End of discussion.

I'm sure BMW, Audi, and M-B enthusiasts are saying the same thing about the Cadillac too.

Katshot
04-23-05, 07:42 AM
I have an idea.. Why dont we not compare 0-60 stats, and lateral G stats to see which one is a better car.. Lets do Interior quality, Reliability, features/options, and Resale/Trade in values.. It seems that no matter how you start, people always end up talking about how fast a car is to determine which car is better.. but thats not doing real world comparisons... Theres much more than just speed...

Absolutely true but, you might want to think about using those particular parameters since Cadillac is not really known for their interior quality, reliability, and resale values.

Katshot
04-23-05, 07:55 AM
Wow! 12.8@110! That sounds similiar to a stock V which means a modded one would leave your old Buick in the dust. A few of us have owned Grand Prix GTPs around here. We know what a highly modified "series II 3.8SC" can do and we also know its disadvantages.

I would hardly call a 95 STS a supercar and it isn't hard to mash the accelerator. My 88 Mustang pulled the same times as your STS.

Ooo!! Watch out the SRT 4! Big deal. They are barely hitting 14s stock. Evos can't even keep their clutches or engines together.

With a similar skilled driver the V would beat all of the stock cars you have mentioned.

Where the heck are you getting your information?
1. A 12.8@110 sounds "similar to a stock 'V'?! :histeric:
2. An '88 Mustang will get it's doors blown off by a STS.
3. SRT-4's barely hitting 14's?! :cookoo:
ROFLMAO!!!
Dude, you couldn't BUY a clue!

steve711
04-23-05, 10:06 AM
I'm sure BMW, Audi, and M-B enthusiasts are saying the same thing about the Cadillac too.
First of all i would never say that if the V wasnt getting mayjor acclaim & victory in comparison test's in mayjor car mags.We V owners have the rights, And dont forget it!!!! :p

GNSCOTT
04-23-05, 11:06 AM
What are the SRT8's time at the ring? I still think a V driver will always have the edge because of the SRT8's 20" wheels. At least with the manual you can control the wheelspin, it is much harder to control with an auto. Everyone assumes in a stoplight race that the auto has the advantage which is just untrue, I know from driving my GN on the street with a 500hp stock block that I lost to many sticks off the line if I broke the tires loose (and those were 15" wheels) 20" wheels with no sidewall are a nightmare for launching.

SRT8/BMW
04-23-05, 11:13 AM
Let a BMW/SRT8 owner "weigh in" I decided to buy while waiting for the m5 or m6 to come out later this year....

The poster who says "different buyer for the srt8" and compares V to the Germans...could not disagree more. As much as I hate this fact, I still find the German cars to be way ahead of any american car in overall driving feel (thats just how I feel....thats the beauty of it, we all get to have our own thoughts).

So, I drove the V (LOVED IT..totoally awesome in every way- -fast, great handling, looks). Drove the srt8...same thing. Choose srt8 (fully loaded with every option, 45,500) for a two reasons. 1. as much as I love shifting, it is challenging in the trafic I have to drive in, and srt8 automatic is super smooth, with the best "autostick" I have ever tried, for those times I :rolleyes: want to) 2. It felt VERY German in overall driving (Handling, cornering, shifting, exhaust note) and in fact, many reviews point to that fact (Mercedes chassis, tranny, and other suspension and engineering). Recent review in Detroit paper refers to it as Chrysler AMG. So..I went with it and have not been dissapointed. Still plan to get the Bimmer when it has been out for a bit, will trade this back in.
And, I RESPECT the Vs speed...will not go looking for a race cause a good driver will likely put me in second place, and I like finishing first. I still turn my head when I see the v...swweet! But, for those of you who have never driven the 8, I really think you would be impressed...not neccesarily like it better, just...impressed.

Dave's V
04-23-05, 12:52 PM
SRT 8 is a great car, but some of its advantages are its disadvantages. One is German engineering. Very good, expensive and not neccessarily reliable (The worst car I have owned was an Audi).

It sounds like the SRT 8 was a perfect choice for you because it has an automatic. Autostick will probably cut down the performance because you can't react as fast as the computer.

Nice ride though!

SRT8/BMW
04-23-05, 01:52 PM
SRT 8 is a great car, but some of its advantages are its disadvantages. One is German engineering. Very good, expensive and not neccessarily reliable (The worst car I have owned was an Audi).

It sounds like the SRT 8 was a perfect choice for you because it has an automatic. Autostick will probably cut down the performance because you can't react as fast as the computer.

Nice ride though!

your absolutely correct on the autostick..if I am racing I can't beat the automatic tranny on this car. Curious....how long ago did you own an Audi, and what kinds of problems did you experience?

Sean McDonald
04-23-05, 02:24 PM
For those who constantly feel the V is so much faster off the line than the 8, look at the final drive ratio's. I think if they both had the same rear end gearing it would be a different story. Not trying to start anything, just stating a point. ;)

Blackout
04-23-05, 03:20 PM
Ooo!! Watch out the SRT 4! Big deal. They are barely hitting 14s stock. Evos can't even keep their clutches or engines togetherwtf are you talking about? If you can't get into the 14's with an SRT-4 your a crappy driver. I've been a member of the srtforums.com since it first opened up and there are planety of people there with stock SRT-4's running mid to low 14's and some even running high 13's stock. And if the Evo's that because all the idiot drivers neutral drop the car while revving the crap out of the engine at every stop light they get to so obviously that isn't the best thing for an AWD now is it? The 4G63 is an awesome engine and respond's very well to mod's *Ask anyone with a Vishnu tuned Evo* but i have never heard of problems with their engines. So I think you have quite a few of your facts wrong.

Katshot
04-23-05, 03:33 PM
First of all i would never say that if the V wasnt getting mayjor acclaim & victory in comparison test's in mayjor car mags.We V owners have the rights, And dont forget it!!!! :p

Another 'V' fan with tunnel-vision. :rolleyes:

StealthV
04-23-05, 03:36 PM
Mods, please lock this thread - it has degraded to ricer love and V-envy.

markbinkc
04-23-05, 05:17 PM

I think most people on this thread speak from the experience of what they've driven and/or what they own or love. I take it from your expertise you own a V. No? Maybe an M3 or an M5? Surely an AMG? Must be that bad-ass SRT-8? No? C'mon dude, don't you have anything better to do that to troll around this website? So much hatred and negativity. You need a hug and a friend, my man!:grouphug: Actually though, keep writing. I think we all kinda get a kick out of you:histeric: .

90Brougham350
04-23-05, 05:53 PM
Katshot is pretty well damned respected over at Cadillacforums.com but here in CTS-V wonderland it seems like as soon as someone like Kat who has many years of experience and knowledge makes a statement a V driver doesn't like, he gets accused of "hatred and negativity." There's plenty of people who don't drive Vs but love their old slow Cadillacs that read a lot of these posts every day and just kinda roll their eyes. Kat is going out on a limb because he knows what he's talking about. It almost seems like there's 2 different forums. One, where we all go, you know, the lounge, detailing and mod, audio electrical and brakes and then our "past production" vehicle forums, and then the CTS-V forum. If you ask me, this forum is kind of like California and Cadillacforums.com is the rest of the country. Respect Kat's opinion. I do.

Brian

markbinkc
04-23-05, 07:09 PM
Katshot is pretty well damned respected over at Cadillacforums.com but here in CTS-V wonderland it seems like as soon as someone like Kat who has many years of experience and knowledge makes a statement a V driver doesn't like, he gets accused of "hatred and negativity." There's plenty of people who don't drive Vs but love their old slow Cadillacs that read a lot of these posts every day and just kinda roll their eyes. Kat is going out on a limb because he knows what he's talking about. It almost seems like there's 2 different forums. One, where we all go, you know, the lounge, detailing and mod, audio electrical and brakes and then our "past production" vehicle forums, and then the CTS-V forum. If you ask me, this forum is kind of like California and Cadillacforums.com is the rest of the country. Respect Kat's opinion. I do.

Brian

Yeah, I'm sure he does, since that's all he makes is negative statements. Everybody is entitled to opinions, as are you. However, I challenge you to find all this guy's posts and tell me what your definition of "negativity" is. Thanks for your input.

steve711
04-23-05, 07:48 PM
Katshot is calling me "Tunnel'ed Vision'ed" but what about him?.
I mean he does everything but give the V Homage & acclaim.
I respect and acknowledge what the other 2 cars in discussion are about but,To be completely open minded, Fair & balenced and "Straight Up" means to atleast acknowledge what has already been confirmed by many sources on V tests.

For the last time i dont think the V is Gods gift to the Automobile market but
I personaly think it out-does the srt-8 and gto. (no flames guys)

crowan
04-23-05, 10:30 PM
Katshot's problem (at least one of his problems) is that thinks that he has been appointed the "Post Police" with the mission of making sure that no one in this forum is overly enthusiastic about the car that they have chosen to own over their many other choices. I would hope that any performance car enthusiast on any other forum would be excited about their purchases: V, GTO, SRT-8, Evo, Subaru, M3.....Its a great time to be a gearhead!

For some resaon he feels compelled to play the role of Mr. Buzz-Kill on this forum, bringing us all back to his idea of reality. His jab at Steve711 is a perfect example. Markbinkc is probably right that its hard to decide whether to despise the guy or laugh at his posts which all sound like they have been brought down from the mountain top on stone tablets. What a putz.

Dave's V
04-24-05, 12:09 AM
your absolutely correct on the autostick..if I am racing I can't beat the automatic tranny on this car. Curious....how long ago did you own an Audi, and what kinds of problems did you experience?

I purchased my US spec 98 Audi A4 Quattro V-6 Tiptronic around Oct 98 while I was stationed in Germany. The first 15,000 miles were flawless.

First the right rear wheel bearing went bad, the windshield was replaced because ice scraped the glass (never happened on another vehicle), numerous interior trim pieces broke, heated mirrors stopped heating and it took them 3x to fix it correctly then around 32k they replaced the ignition package during an emissions inspection because it was arcing. Around 400 miles later it failed on me again but this time it broke in Boise, Idaho. 5 days later the parts came in. Audi Advantage paid for the rental car (a Lumina) and we bought a 00 Grand Prix GTP as soon as we got the car back to Utah. Of coarse I had to make another trip up to Boise to pick it up. I sold it in Mar 2000.

The engine was complex (5 valves per cyl) but underpowered, especially in the low end torque area. It required high revs to get up a 10,500 foot mountain pass about 2 hours from my house, the GTP had no problem. I can't wait till this summer to test the V on that route.

The quattro system is practically bullet proof though. Tiptronic was nice but mostly a gimmic. Audi had one of the nicest interiors and the nicest cloth interior I have ever seen. The pieces just broke or fell off often.

The dealer also said the loose suspension was normal. A trip to audiworld will find numerous problems with the control arms, at around $1k a piece to replace. The timing belt at 60k would of cost almost another $1k.

I have some good German friends and they described to me the problems Mercedes and BMWs have. Mercedes are generally great cars, but one repair or even normal maintenance can't financially screw you. Same with BMWs except their 6 cyl motors were known to blown head gaskets.

I also owned two VWs. In over 90,000 miles between the two cars I had one steering rack go bad (right after I bought the car). I never owned them in the states.

I love European cars but I don't like the lack of dealers, waiting days for critical parts, months for non-critical ones and the general lack of low-end torque.

The SRT 8 is impressive. I have been a GM guy for my last 3 new cars though and a 4 door Corvette is very appealing. Good luck with your SRT 8.

Dave's V
04-24-05, 12:18 AM

Brian

Kat is one of the most narrow minded people I have seen on this board. He crticizes V owners for deeply loving their cars and can not make a good comment about the V. If you talk nothing but crap about a car on their enthusiasts board, you can expect to have a bulls eye on your back. I rarely go to other car enthusiasts boards (except ClubGP and TBECentral) and I never start crap about their cars on their board.

Kat is probably pissed that the CTS and the CTS V has turned Cadillac around and it doesn't look like how Cadillacs use to look. Be happy of its success. The Americans never had a car that could compete with the AMG or M series. You can even say it still is the only one since Chrysler Corp is German owned and Ford doesn't have a high performance sedan.

A lot of us actually like other high performance cars and respect them but we love our V. If you spend $50k on a car and don't like it a lot, something is wrong with you.

Dave's V
04-24-05, 12:20 AM
For those who constantly feel the V is so much faster off the line than the 8, look at the final drive ratio's. I think if they both had the same rear end gearing it would be a different story. Not trying to start anything, just stating a point. ;)

Put a higher performing ratio in the SRT 8 and it might make it to 17mpg on the highway. Not only that it is tugging an automatic so gear ratios are more crucial.

Dave's V
04-24-05, 12:20 AM

Put a higher performing ratio in the SRT 8 and it might make it to 17mpg on the highway. Not only that it is tugging an automatic so gear ratios are more crucial.

CVP33
04-24-05, 01:18 AM
Like I said in the other post we need to figure out how to afford a CTS-V AND a GTO AND an SRT-8 AND a ZO6 AND a VIPER. Who cares who's faster/better, I want 'em all! :yup:

thebigjimsho
04-24-05, 02:09 AM
Katshot's problem (at least one of his problems) is that thinks that he has been appointed the "Post Police" with the mission of making sure that no one in this forum is overly enthusiastic about the car that they have chosen to own over their many other choices. I would hope that any performance car enthusiast on any other forum would be excited about their purchases: V, GTO, SRT-8, Evo, Subaru, M3.....Its a great time to be a gearhead!

For some resaon he feels compelled to play the role of Mr. Buzz-Kill on this forum, bringing us all back to his idea of reality. His jab at Steve711 is a perfect example. Markbinkc is probably right that its hard to decide whether to despise the guy or laugh at his posts which all sound like they have been brought down from the mountain top on stone tablets. What a putz.Very well put!

90Brougham350, I've said it in other posts, I feel Kat really knows what he's talking about. However, whatever clout he has in the other forums do not necessarily dictate to having any here. Just like any relations in any club or other social environments, you earn trust. From day one, it seems he feels the need to be the one who brings us back down to earth. And he does it as if we all should recognize his importance as a voice of reason when half the reason we come here is to talk excitedly about our Vs. Sure we might overexaggerate or prop up our Vs higher than it maybe deserves to be, but why can't we?

As crowan states, Kat has an arrogance here that eclipses our gung-ho exuberance for the V. That comment to steve711 a few posts up is very typical of his time spent here. I'm sorry, but this is a V forum and unless someone is outright lying about our car, he should just let it be. And if he wants to criticize what we say and do here, he should be prepared to deal with his deserved consequences. For someone who is so respected elsewhere, he of all should know you get respect when you give respect.

And Kat, if you think noone here is deserving of respect, maybe you should just high-tail it out of the V forum.

Katshot
04-24-05, 07:19 AM
You're right about one thing. I DO try to counter-act some of the "gung-ho exuberance for the V" that appears in this section. I guess it's just my BS meter going off constantly when I read you guy's posts that drives me nuts. ;)
That aside, I Do take exception to the statements that I never have anything good to say about the 'V', and that all I ever say is negative about the 'V'.
If you look back, you'll see that I have stated many times that the CTS-V is a great car in many ways. Matter of fact, if you look WAY back, you'll see that at one point (mainly prior to the GTO and SRT-8) I was actually considering buying one. I made many posts mentioning that the CTS-V was the ONLY new Cadillac that I would own, and how bad-ass I thought it looked. In this thread alone, I've mentioned that the 'V' is a great first effort by Cadillac, and that I believed that it would beat the competition on a road course. Face it, that's how Cadillac designed the car. The now famous "Raised at the Ring" tag line is worn proudly by the 'V' and many a 'V' owner. Unfortunately, IMO (and quite a few others in the business) Cadillac may have produced a car that is a little too sharp and too tightly designed for the non-racing market. And they may have spent too much time at the "Ring" and not enough time on the streets during development.
But as usual, all the GOOD stuff I say is overlooked and forgotten by the 'V' crowd here. Instead you choose to focus on the negatives I've posted. Am I incorrect that the 'V' is a great car BUT it needs a few "tweaks" shall we say to make it better? Is the wheel-hop issue NOT something that should've been addressed prior to it hitting the street? Is the fact that the car has no hand brake NOT an issue for many? Is the fact that the shifter sucks NOT a major issue? Is the fact that the pedals are poorly positioned for traditional spirited driving (heel-toeing it as they say)? Is the interior NOT rather bland, boring and generally poorly done? Shouldn't these issues have been addressed in a $50K car? A few of these points have been discussed at length by 'V' enthusiasts here for a long time, yet when I bring them up, I'm being negative. I try to post true statements but it seems like you guys can't handle the truth, unless it's got a decidedly biased slat in favor of the 'V'.
Bottom line, in case you haven't noticed it, plenty of general members have noticed the elitist attitude displayed by the 'V' owners here and they don't like it. You guys come off like a bunch of snobs who think their 'V' cars are in a seperate field above and beyond the mere Cadillacs. So pardon me if I take offense at times.

SRT8/BMW
04-24-05, 08:28 AM
wow..you had some real issues , and your experience was consistent. I have had only a fraction of the german ownership you had, but it was better. Also, I have been fortunate..the quality of the american cars I have had (all of them, Ford , Chrysler, GM..has been pretty good).

Has your V been pretty good so far on the quality front?

thebigjimsho
04-24-05, 02:53 PM
I try to post true statements but it seems like you guys can't handle the truth, unless it's got a decidedly biased slat in favor of the 'V'.
Bottom line, in case you haven't noticed it, plenty of general members have noticed the elitist attitude displayed by the 'V' owners here and they don't like it. You guys come off like a bunch of snobs who think their 'V' cars are in a seperate field above and beyond the mere Cadillacs. So pardon me if I take offense at times.You know Kat, I liked and absolutely agreed with everything in your post until you got to the above.

There are a few here who go over the top. I'd like you to find a post here from myself or StealthV or CVP33 or urbanski and many others that show they are snobs or elitists. Simply put, you've come in here and pooled all of us together for an attitude that is shared by a minority. So pardon ME if I have taken an offense when you've lumped me in with a select few here that have pissed you off.

I'll also remind you that the V series is attracting a following that doesn't fall into the normal Cadillac mold. Except for a mid-90's STS, there hasn't been a Cadillac I've ever wanted to buy. A lot here feel the same. It's not being above other Cadillacs. It's a whole different niche.

GNSCOTT
04-24-05, 03:13 PM
A great "first effort" that beat the M3 and M5. When your SRT8 beats their times, than come talk about first efforts.;)

I guess Chryslers SRT8 is a little less than a great first effort.

SRT8/BMW
04-24-05, 03:48 PM
A great "first effort" that beat the M3 and M5. When your SRT8 beats their times, than come talk about first efforts.;)

I guess Chryslers SRT8 is a little less than a great first effort.

who is this venom directed at??

drmustang
04-24-05, 03:58 PM
It really doesn't matter what times the SRT8 does now or in a couple of years. That car is not just unattractive, it is aggresively ugly. Maybe I need new glasses but how could anyone buy a car that looks that bad. Great big stupid looking box with a front end that looks like a"Crashmobile" toy from the 60's.

Katshot
04-24-05, 04:03 PM
who is this venom directed at??

Me, of course.
And his comment is exactly what I've been trying to caution against. Making an arrogant statement like that totally proves he has no respect for the vehicles and manufacturers the 'V' is supposed to be shooting for.
That's like a rookie that happens to beat a veteran athlete's record. To parade around struting and proclaiming your dominance is foolish, not to mention a bit premature.
Again, something sorely lacking among many 'V' owners is humility.
You don't get to be the benchmark of any field by being a classless fool doing victory dances at the first sign of a victory. You get there through consistent effort, and that takes time.

SRT8/BMW
04-24-05, 04:05 PM
It really doesn't matter what times the SRT8 does now or in a couple of years. That car is not just unattractive, it is aggresively ugly. Maybe I need new glasses but how could anyone buy a car that looks that bad. Great big stupid looking box with a front end that looks like a"Crashmobile" toy from the 60's.

ouch. sounds like you don't like my car. breaks me up. I like yours, but I get that MANY think it (the V) is stone cold ugly. I guess beauty really in the eye of he beholder.:hmm:

Katshot
04-24-05, 04:06 PM
You know Kat, I liked and absolutely agreed with everything in your post until you got to the above.

There are a few here who go over the top. I'd like you to find a post here from myself or StealthV or CVP33 or urbanski and many others that show they are snobs or elitists. Simply put, you've come in here and pooled all of us together for an attitude that is shared by a minority. So pardon ME if I have taken an offense when you've lumped me in with a select few here that have pissed you off.

I'll also remind you that the V series is attracting a following that doesn't fall into the normal Cadillac mold. Except for a mid-90's STS, there hasn't been a Cadillac I've ever wanted to buy. A lot here feel the same. It's not being above other Cadillacs. It's a whole different niche.

Hey don't blame me, I'm not the only one that has taken issue with the way 'V' owners conduct themselves here. I'll tell you the same thing I tell other people that hate to be pre-judged by the actions of their peers, police yourself. Make an effort to condemn your peers actions that you feel are wrong. If you don't, you're just as guilty as them and will be lumped in with them.

Dave's V
04-24-05, 04:26 PM
wow..you had some real issues , and your experience was consistent. I have had only a fraction of the german ownership you had, but it was better. Also, I have been fortunate..the quality of the american cars I have had (all of them, Ford , Chrysler, GM..has been pretty good).

Has your V been pretty good so far on the quality front?

Besides replacement of the rear axle it has been great. Stuff happens in new designs. Cadillac had the balls to go where no other American car company went and that is against the Europeans in their own games.

Yes the V has a couple issues but I don't see anyone mentioning Lexus about their crappy manual transmission. I guess as long as it is not American, people don't care. An American car has a problem and everyone is quick to criticize it. Even the Cobra and GTO has had rear end problems. Cobra had engine problems. Vette had "normal" driveline problems to the point they actually "brief" the Corvette owner about them on a CD.

Dave's V
04-24-05, 04:36 PM
Hey don't blame me, I'm not the only one that has taken issue with the way 'V' owners conduct themselves here. I'll tell you the same thing I tell other people that hate to be pre-judged by the actions of their peres, police yourself. Make an effort to condemn your peres actions that you feel are wrong. If you don't, you're just as guilty as them and will be lumped in with them.

Who and the heck cares what non V owners think? Why do you guys even post on this board and then have the guts to attack our car and the board members themselves? You seem more self minded and aggrogant to me that you can generally think you can throw your weight around any board. You are nothing more than a common troll. It doesn't matter what your "credentials" are on another board. You already crossed over the line on this board numerous times. And saying a few nice things way back when doesn't count. Look above and you will find numerous posts about you attacking another board member or the V. Go to ls2gto or Corvette forums and you WILL get flamed if you attack their car.

By the way, a troll is someone that posts more on another car's forum more than their own. They also attack others on that forum and look for reasons why their car is inferior.

A lot of V owners here know the car's drawbacks. Some have even designed parts to fix it. But even with the drawbacks, we generally still love our car. Find me another car that can consistently beat the V and that costs less based on driver's with the same skills. That list is zero!!

GNSCOTT
04-24-05, 04:42 PM
Katshot, if you read my posts on the SRT8 board you will see I am possibly in the market for an SRT8 and I count on losing some (although slight) performance. You are the one coming in the V forums and trying to give props to the V but sticking in little subtle digs like "first good effort". My point is that if the V is a good first effort and will outlap the SRT8 than what do you call the SRT8? I'm still waiting to hear about that "good first effort" on a car that beat 2 of BMW's best on a track they were built to perform on.

markbinkc
04-24-05, 04:48 PM
Both excellent cars, and I think it is a good thing when "V" and "SRT-8" are mentioned in the same sentences with "AMG", "S" or "RS", or "M3/M5". I just think people who visit this site just to bash our car lose sight of that fact. Unchartered territory for Cadillac and Chrysler. Great isn't it?

adam_mcd
04-24-05, 05:05 PM
1995 ford taurus sho. what now bitches.

Katshot
04-24-05, 05:28 PM
ouch. sounds like you don't like my car. breaks me up. I like yours, but I get that MANY think it (the V) is stone cold ugly. I guess beauty really in the eye of he beholder.:hmm:

I guess it IS kind of funny that both of these cars seem to have fairly polarizing looks. IMO, the SRT-8 has the advantage of coming from a base vehicle that "seems" to be enjoying fairly healthy sales at least. Whereas the CTS-V is the ONLY CTS that I think looks good.

Dave's V
04-24-05, 05:29 PM
1995 ford taurus sho. what now bitches.

Isn't that the car that had major engine problems when it was still alive?

Katshot
04-24-05, 05:48 PM
Who and the heck cares what non V owners think? Why do you guys even post on this board and then have the guts to attack our car and the board members themselves? You seem more self minded and aggrogant to me that you can generally think you can throw your weight around any board. You are nothing more than a common troll. It doesn't matter what your "credentials" are on another board. You already crossed over the line on this board numerous times. And saying a few nice things way back when doesn't count. Look above and you will find numerous posts about you attacking another board member or the V. Go to ls2gto or Corvette forums and you WILL get flamed if you attack their car.

By the way, a troll is someone that posts more on another car's forum more than their own. They also attack others on that forum and look for reasons why their car is inferior.

A lot of V owners here know the car's drawbacks. Some have even designed parts to fix it. But even with the drawbacks, we generally still love our car. Find me another car that can consistently beat the V and that costs less based on driver's with the same skills. That list is zero!!

Yo slick, try reading THIS thread and you'll see that I gave plenty of kudos to the 'V'. It's not like I "used to " like it and now don't. And you should look at what I've actually said versus what people SAY I've said before jumping on the "flame Katshot" bandwagon.
As for giving you a list of cars that can consistently beat a CTS-V, I can think of at least a couple right off the top of my head but I'm sure you'll disagree. And of course I guess it would depend on what exact type of race you were using as a base of comparison too. Personally, I'd like to see what an M3, M5, S2000, RS-6 Quattro, Corvette, Lotus Elise, EVO, STi, SRT-4, SRT-6 and a Cobra could do "consistently" against a 'V' on it's home turf, a road course. Some of these can obviously tie or beat the 'V' on a drag strip but I really would be curious to see how they'd do on a road course.
Notice, I'm not making any claims or even assumptions here. I honestly think these cars might do well.

Katshot
04-24-05, 05:53 PM
Katshot, if you read my posts on the SRT8 board you will see I am possibly in the market for an SRT8 and I count on losing some (although slight) performance. You are the one coming in the V forums and trying to give props to the V but sticking in little subtle digs like "first good effort". My point is that if the V is a good first effort and will outlap the SRT8 than what do you call the SRT8? I'm still waiting to hear about that "good first effort" on a car that beat 2 of BMW's best on a track they were built to perform on.

You have to remember that the CTS-V IS a first effort. It's the first truely purpose-built performance Cadillac, and the first of the 'V' series. Hence a good first effort. What the heck should I call it?
I think the SRT-8 is a good first effort too, and I see a few items that I feel could use improvement on them as well. I've been very vocal about how I feel about their interiors. But don't forget that Dodge has a rather good reputation with their SRT program already, so it's reaching to call it a great first effort I guess.

Katshot
04-24-05, 05:56 PM
Isn't that the car that had major engine problems when it was still alive?
Hell no, just the opposite. Damn near everything except the engine. Besides, by '95, the SHO was done for. I think the earlier ones were the best ones (gen. 1).

StealthV
04-24-05, 05:56 PM
Personally, I'd like to see what an M3, M5, S2000, RS-6 Quattro, Corvette, Lotus Elise, EVO, STi, SRT-4, SRT-6 and a Cobra could do "consistently" against a 'V' on it's home turf, a road course. Some of these can obviously tie or beat the 'V' on a drag strip but I really would be curious to see how they'd do on a road course.
Notice, I'm not making any claims or even assumptions here. I honestly think these cars might do well.

Step inside the classroom...

Nürburgring Nordschleife laptimes in stock vehicles:

Corvette Z06 = 7 min XX secs
Lamborghini Diablo SV = 8 min 9 secs
Ferrari 360 Modena = 8 mins 9 secs
Porsche 993 Turbo = 8 min 12 secs
BMW Z8 = 8 min 15 secs
CTS-V = 8 mins 19 secs
BMW M3 = 8 mins 22 secs
BMW M5 = 8 mins 28 secs
Honda NSX = 8 min 38 secs
Honda S2000 = 8 min 39 secs
Corvette C5 = 8 min 40 secs

Conclusion: The V is a worthly roadcourse machine.

Stock Mustang Cobra on a road course, you're joking? right?

Katshot
04-24-05, 06:06 PM
Like I said, I'm not making any claims. I'm just really curious. I'd also like to see numbers from some other course. Face it, the 'V' was designed for that course so I would hope it would accel on it. I wouldn't bet that just because it posts great times there, that it will necessarilly do as well on other courses. Race teams do substantial retuning for every course so I'd think that the 'V' may have a little more trouble with certain cars on other courses.
I know magazines do comparos from time to time and that they do include road course numbers. I wonder if there's any that have done comparos that included the CTS-V.

SRT8/BMW
04-24-05, 06:16 PM
from our forum....first track times from an SRT8 owner. Respectable..

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5574

markbinkc
04-24-05, 06:21 PM
Like I said, I'm not making any claims. I'm just really curious. I'd also like to see numbers from some other course. Face it, the 'V' was designed for that course so I would hope it would accel on it. I wouldn't bet that just because it posts great times there, that it will necessarilly do as well on other courses. Race teams do substantial retuning for every course so I'd think that the 'V' may have a little more trouble with certain cars on other courses.
I know magazines do comparos from time to time and that they do include road course numbers. I wonder if there's any that have done comparos that included the CTS-V.

That hug is still on the table!:grouphug:

CVP33
04-24-05, 06:26 PM
from our forum....first track times from an SRT8 owner. Respectable..

More than respectable. Downright awesome with all season tires.

Dave's V
04-24-05, 06:54 PM
Yo slick, try reading THIS thread and you'll see that I gave plenty of kudos to the 'V'. It's not like I "used to " like it and now don't. And you should look at what I've actually said versus what people SAY I've said before jumping on the "flame Katshot" bandwagon.
As for giving you a list of cars that can consistently beat a CTS-V, I can think of at least a couple right off the top of my head but I'm sure you'll disagree. And of course I guess it would depend on what exact type of race you were using as a base of comparison too. Personally, I'd like to see what an M3, M5, S2000, RS-6 Quattro, Corvette, Lotus Elise, EVO, STi, SRT-4, SRT-6 and a Cobra could do "consistently" against a 'V' on it's home turf, a road course. Some of these can obviously tie or beat the 'V' on a drag strip but I really would be curious to see how they'd do on a road course.

You are comparing a SRT 4 to a V??? Even the magaizines only compared a Cobalt SS to it and it didn't clearly win then.

The V has consistently beaten M3s, EVOs and STIs. I can't even believe you mentioned the last two since they are pocket rockets with hoods and scoops. The Evos are known to fry clutches in 3000 miles and engines after racing them. A Rustang Cobra is no competition even if their engine holds up. An S2000 can fit in the Vs trunk. The rest of the cars you have mentioned cost more than the V. The only ones that could possibliy beat the V on a road course or in a straight line is the Vette, possibly the M5 and the RS6.

Dave's V
04-24-05, 07:10 PM

I don't have time to go looking through millions of posts to prove that you deserve respect, nor do I care. I base my decision on your recent posts (last month). I already can tell you need to do more reading about cars.

Dave's V
04-24-05, 07:20 PM
ROFLMAO!!!

Try reading this! http://motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0501_bang/index4.html SRT 4, 13.9 quarter with a 0-60 of 5.5 seconds.

Here are the V's times (same magaizine so same driver. http://motortrend.com/roadtests/sedan/112_0502_trio/index7.html 13.1/109.8 which looks pretty close to a 12.8@110.

Now don't tell me you think an SRT 4 can keep up with a V on the track or dragstrip. We are talking stock cars here with driver skills being the same.

And yes the STS would beat an 88 Mustang. I would sure hope so since we are talking about 17 years difference in technology. Albeit didn't blow its doors off.

Keep looking for similar cars that can keep up with the V little boy. Not little pocket rockets with motors that are like grenades, or cars that can fit in the V's trunk.

Where was all of the Vettes, Porshes and Vipers by the way last weekend in Atlanta? Behind the 3 Vs!

thebigjimsho
04-25-05, 01:16 AM
1995 ford taurus sho. what now bitches.Get a clue. I, as well as a number of us here, have owned or still own a SHO. If you want to irritate people, do it at the SHOforum. If you want to talk legitimately about the SHO, I'm up for it.

Katshot
04-25-05, 08:52 AM
Try reading this! http://motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0501_bang/index4.html SRT 4, 13.9 quarter with a 0-60 of 5.5 seconds.

Here are the V's times (same magaizine so same driver. http://motortrend.com/roadtests/sedan/112_0502_trio/index7.html 13.1/109.8 which looks pretty close to a 12.8@110.

Now don't tell me you think an SRT 4 can keep up with a V on the track or dragstrip. We are talking stock cars here with driver skills being the same.

And yes the STS would beat an 88 Mustang. I would sure hope so since we are talking about 17 years difference in technology. Albeit didn't blow its doors off.

Keep looking for similar cars that can keep up with the V little boy. Not little pocket rockets with motors that are like grenades, or cars that can fit in the V's trunk.

Where was all of the Vettes, Porshes and Vipers by the way last weekend in Atlanta? Behind the 3 Vs!

Dude, you make no sense. Do making contradictory statements make sense to you?
#1. YOU said that just because I made positive comments about the 'V' a while ago, it meant nothing. I SAID, look in this very thread and you'll see I made positive comments about the 'V'. Now you're saying you don't have time to look through "millions of posts"? What millions of posts, I said THIS ONE.
#2. The most "common" posted 1/4 mile ET for CTS-V is approx. 13.3 sec. If you don't know how far a 12.8 is from a 13.3, you know little about drag racing.
#3. First you said your '88 Mustang would beat a STS, now you say the opposite and make excuses why?
#4. I've read some magazine 1/4 mile ETs from the SRT-4 that are at least "close" to some of the higher ETs posted for the CTS-V, so I threw the car into the comparo. It was more of a "personal" curiousity than anything. If you'd actually READ my post you'd see that I said that several times. Many of the cars I listed are cars that I was "curious" about, that's all.

As for looking for "similar" cars, whoever said the cars had to be even similar? Again, if you'd READ before putting your mouth in motion (so to speak), you'd see that I was trying to bring up the idea that maybe some cars that haven't been tested at the Ring, or maybe aren't "direct" competitors for the CTS-V might actually surprise you when compared to the 'V' at other tracks. That's why I wondered if any magazines had maybe done some comparo tests at say Willow Springs or Watkin's Glen. Maybe they could shed some light on other cars that might also be very good performers (maybe even better than the CTS-V) on a road course.
I pointed out that I'm certainly no expert on this type of racing but I also know that any car that's well-known for endurance racing, road rallying etc. "should" not be so easily written off as "little pocket rockets with motors that are like grenades".
You should try to be a little more open-minded. Maybe you'll actually LEARN something.

drmustang
04-25-05, 09:40 AM
Motortrend shows the 05 V doing 13.1. Has anyone here been able to match or run under the 13.1 stock on street tires? I haven't had mine to the strip yet as I just got it 10 days ago. I'd be real pleased with low 13's.

Blackout
04-25-05, 04:40 PM
You guys are funny. With the comment Dave's V mentioned about where were the Vipers and Posrche's etc. well its nice for Cadillac to have a factory backed team now isn't it? How about where was Cadillac when it got its ass handed to them at LeMan's and left running away with its tail between its legs? Funny how you probably forgot about that. But as soon as some Cadillac's start winning some race's in some sort of facet its the best thing since sliced bread and own's all. But the CTS-V's do deserve a lot of credit. But in the end its still just a Z06 in a CTS's body. After seeing the CTS-V when it first came out I was in awe at its beauty, but that changed after getting in one. The interior felt on par with that of my old 2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V. It was very plain and boring, nothing flashy, nothing really stood out except for it being plain. With the CTS-V as well as any other car it has its pro's and con's. Now after reading thorugh this I see that Katshot has pointed out both pro's and con's to the car and as he has said people *The V guys* totally look past the pro's and focus on the con's and try to flame him. Well what is my post going to get? Like I even really care. And Dave's V you really do make no sense whatsoever. In your first post you said that your 88 Stang run's the same times as a STS but in your last post you say that a STS will beat a 88 Stang. Well which is it? Make up your mind. But that is all I had to say. And BTW the SHO's rule!

GNSCOTT
04-25-05, 06:28 PM
I think its pretty far fetched to use Lemans and other racing teams as an example of how a factory car performs. They are all so far from stock that it is a waste to do so. As for the V being a good first effort (has not been explained to my satisfaction) you are saying that Chryslers first good effort was the Neon? In that case this is Chryslers second effort and Caddy's first effort still beats it, and the M3, and the M5 etc. I'd say it was a pretty killer first effort. (maybe Chrysler can beat it on its 3rd effort:thumbsup: ) The ring is the track where ALL cars are tested. It is a very good mix of everything and has proven to bring out every weak point in car. Sure you can set up cones in a parking lot and a regular Neon will beat just about every mid size and larger Sedan out there, but that is just one small aspect of a car.

The V is more than just a ZO6 in a different body, you cannot just stick a Z06 driveline in any GM car and get those results. Because Caddy engineered the car right, the body, frame and chassis can handle the stresses of the power of the Z06 driveline (unless you want to do a 4k clutch drop :mad: )

Vrocks
04-25-05, 06:38 PM
1. But the CTS-V's do deserve a lot of credit. But in the end its still just a Z06 in a CTS's body

2. Now after reading thorugh this I see that Katshot has pointed out both pro's and con's to the car and as he has said people *The V guys* totally look past the pro's and focus on the con's and try to flame him.

1. I think you meant it's just a CTS with an LS6 in it? You're not even close.

2. Katshot does present both the pro's and con's but he comes across in a very negative way. He also makes foolish and incorrect comments about other Cadillac components: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38401

bbobynski ( knows a ton about engines ) had to set him straight.

Katshot
04-25-05, 07:51 PM
1. I think you meant it's just a CTS with an LS6 in it? You're not even close.

2. Katshot does present both the pro's and con's but he comes across in a very negative way. He also makes foolish and incorrect comments about other Cadillac components: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38401

bbobynski ( knows a ton about engines ) had to set him straight.

Yeah, I know, he's your hero huh? Because he tells you what you want to hear.
Yep, he knows a ton about these engines alright. No argument from me on that. I just think that everyone is a little too fast to buy into everything he says. I don't question his knowledge, I question his objectivity on the subject only. And since I'm not in a position to go toe to toe with him on the subject, I will not get any deeper in this issue. We'll just leave it at a "difference of opinion". His based on intimate knowledge of the product and the need to qualify his work at the company, and mine from factory training on the engine and years of hands-on, in the field experience with the engine.
I've never made it a secret that I don't like the Northstar and never have. I've also made it very clear why I drew my conclusions about the engine. I went to the GM schools on it, rebuilt them, worked on them and quite frankly had more of them then probably everyone here combined but nevertheless, I'm branded as crazy. :banghead:
I've said it for years, Cadillac bungled the Northstar program. The engine had a lot of potential but overall, marketing was the company's greatest asset when it comes to the Northstar. You want to know about the "real world" Northstar, ask dealer techs, ask fleet guys. They have no "vested interest" in the engine, they'll tell you the truth about it. I'll admit it's better than it used to be but it's still damaged goods IMO. Should've been retired years ago.
I also said for years that Cadillac needed a better engine for any performance applications. They knew it. You ever see any real extreme Cadillacs that didn't have a Chevy engine in them? Not hardly. The CTS-V, Cadillac's first and finest 'V' owes the vast majority of it's success to that bad-ass Corvette drivetrain. IMO Cadillac needs an engine that can reliably pump out at least 400hp naturally aspirated, and that will not happen with a Northstar.
It's okay, I've been flamed for years because of my views but I hate to say it, time usually proves me right.

Vrocks
04-25-05, 07:59 PM
Katshot,

:histeric: :wave:

dannystang
04-25-05, 08:19 PM
Umm...Some of you guys really need a woman.

If your ever in Miami give me a ring Ill hook you guys up.

For now my Cts-v is faster then your 1976 Deville so there...

Koooop
04-25-05, 08:29 PM
I wanna Mandarin Orange '75 Coupe DeVille with the Orange Plaid interior...Any one know where I can get one?

(I'm serious)

Bob

Dave's V
04-25-05, 09:15 PM
You guys are funny. With the comment Dave's V mentioned about where were the Vipers and Posrche's etc. well its nice for Cadillac to have a factory backed team now isn't it? How about where was Cadillac when it got its ass handed to them at LeMan's and left running away with its tail between its legs? Funny how you probably forgot about that. But as soon as some Cadillac's start winning some race's in some sort of facet its the best thing since sliced bread and own's all. But the CTS-V's do deserve a lot of credit. But in the end its still just a Z06 in a CTS's body. After seeing the CTS-V when it first came out I was in awe at its beauty, but that changed after getting in one. The interior felt on par with that of my old 2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V. It was very plain and boring, nothing flashy, nothing really stood out except for it being plain. With the CTS-V as well as any other car it has its pro's and con's. Now after reading thorugh this I see that Katshot has pointed out both pro's and con's to the car and as he has said people *The V guys* totally look past the pro's and focus on the con's and try to flame him. Well what is my post going to get? Like I even really care. And Dave's V you really do make no sense whatsoever. In your first post you said that your 88 Stang run's the same times as a STS but in your last post you say that a STS will beat a 88 Stang. Well which is it? Make up your mind. But that is all I had to say. And BTW the SHO's rule!

Coming froom a Ford fan, I can see why you hate the V. What else besides the Mustang and GT40 resemble any kind of performance at Ford these days, not way back when.

I owned my 88 Mustang about 15 years ago. Here is a quote from what I responded to "I've beaten alot of guys with faster cars with my 14.9@92 '95 STS because I know how to drive the car". Now my 88 Mustang GT had similiar numbers. I was comparing my Mustang GT to what this guy posted.

Then he posted 12.8/110 quarter times for his Buick. In his statement he said "My sleeper '96 Buick Regal GS 4-dr., supercharged (and tweaked) series II 3.8 (12.8@110) would run with, and embarrass, some of you modded V-guys, and spank most, if not all, of you stock V's". Excuse me but the stock V in magazines pulls around a 13.1/108.7. I bet the modded Vs even do better than 12.8. There isn't a big gap between 12.8 to 13.1 and defininitely not the 1mph difference. That race could go either way. Go over to ClubGP and you will find these cars have serious issues with their tranny's. Why doesn't he compare his modded car to a V that has been modded? Stock vs Stock the Buick Regal GS would get slammed by the V. If you want to throw mods in then the V driver should be able to do the same.

I know more about racing then you think. Have you every been to Nurburgring, Hockhingheim or Monaco. How about Imola or Spa? Racing is a lot more than going down a straight line or in circles.

Dave's V
04-25-05, 09:42 PM
Katshots posts on this thread. Read means posts against the V or someone. Green means he said something nice. Orange was questionable.

If you notice Kat, you have some good stuff to say but usually start off attacking someone or the V. That is common in most of your posts on this board and that is why you get flamed. Since we know you like to post stuff like that, your valid criticisms are taken in a different matter by some people here.

So for the 2-3 good things you say, we usually have to listen to 4-5 bad one. Since most are negative, people usually don't read your positive posts or they can't believe it is you.

'm sure BMW, Audi, and M-B enthusiasts are saying the same thing about the Cadillac too.

ROFLMAO!!!

ou're right about one thing. I DO try to counter-act some of the "gung-ho exuberance for the V" that appears in this section. I guess it's just my BS meter going off constantly when I read you guy's posts that drives me nuts. ;)
That aside, I Do take exception to the statements that I never have anything good to say about the 'V', and that all I ever say is negative about the 'V'.
If you look back, you'll see that I have stated many times that the CTS-V is a great car in many ways. Matter of fact, if you look WAY back, you'll see that at one point (mainly prior to the GTO and SRT-8) I was actually considering buying one. I made many posts mentioning that the CTS-V was the ONLY new Cadillac that I would own, and how bad-ass I thought it looked. In this thread alone, I've mentioned that the 'V' is a great first effort by Cadillac, and that I believed that it would beat the competition on a road course. Face it, that's how Cadillac designed the car. The now famous "Raised at the Ring" tag line is worn proudly by the 'V' and many a 'V' owner. Unfortunately, IMO (and quite a few others in the business) Cadillac may have produced a car that is a little too sharp and too tightly designed for the non-racing market. And they may have spent too much time at the "Ring" and not enough time on the streets during development.
But as usual, all the GOOD stuff I say is overlooked and forgotten by the 'V' crowd here. Instead you choose to focus on the negatives I've posted. Am I incorrect that the 'V' is a great car BUT it needs a few "tweaks" shall we say to make it better? Is the wheel-hop issue NOT something that should've been addressed prior to it hitting the street? Is the fact that the car has no hand brake NOT an issue for many? Is the fact that the shifter sucks NOT a major issue? Is the fact that the pedals are poorly positioned for traditional spirited driving (heel-toeing it as they say)? Is the interior NOT rather bland, boring and generally poorly done? Shouldn't these issues have been addressed in a $50K car? A few of these points have been discussed at length by 'V' enthusiasts here for a long time, yet when I bring them up, I'm being negative. I try to post true statements but it seems like you guys can't handle the truth, unless it's got a decidedly biased slat in favor of the 'V'.
Bottom line, in case you haven't noticed it, plenty of general members have noticed the elitist attitude displayed by the 'V' owners here and they don't like it. You guys come off like a bunch of snobs who think their 'V' cars are in a seperate field above and beyond the mere Cadillacs. So pardon me if I take offense at times.

Me, of course.
And his comment is exactly what I've been trying to caution against. Making an arrogant statement like that totally proves he has no respect for the vehicles and manufacturers the 'V' is supposed to be shooting for.
That's like a rookie that happens to beat a veteran athlete's record. To parade around struting and proclaiming your dominance is foolish, not to mention a bit premature.
Again, something sorely lacking among many 'V' owners is humility.
You don't get to be the benchmark of any field by being a classless fool doing victory dances at the first sign of a victory. You get there through consistent effort, and that takes time.

Hell no, just the opposite. Damn near everything except the engine. Besides, by '95, the SHO was done for. I think the earlier ones were the best ones (gen. 1).

Dude, you make no sense. Do making contradictory statements make sense to you?
#1. YOU said that just because I made positive comments about the 'V' a while ago, it meant nothing. I SAID, look in this very thread and you'll see I made positive comments about the 'V'. Now you're saying you don't have time to look through "millions of posts"? What millions of posts, I said THIS ONE.
#2. The most "common" posted 1/4 mile ET for CTS-V is approx. 13.3 sec. If you don't know how far a 12.8 is from a 13.3, you know little about drag racing.
#3. First you said your '88 Mustang would beat a STS, now you say the opposite and make excuses why?
#4. I've read some magazine 1/4 mile ETs from the SRT-4 that are at least "close" to some of the higher ETs posted for the CTS-V, so I threw the car into the comparo. It was more of a "personal" curiousity than anything. If you'd actually READ my post you'd see that I said that several times. Many of the cars I listed are cars that I was "curious" about, that's all.

As for looking for "similar" cars, whoever said the cars had to be even similar? Again, if you'd READ before putting your mouth in motion (so to speak), you'd see that I was trying to bring up the idea that maybe some cars that haven't been tested at the Ring, or maybe aren't "direct" competitors for the CTS-V might actually surprise you when compared to the 'V' at other tracks. That's why I wondered if any magazines had maybe done some comparo tests at say Willow Springs or Watkin's Glen. Maybe they could shed some light on other cars that might also be very good performers (maybe even better than the CTS-V) on a road course.
I pointed out that I'm certainly no expert on this type of racing but I also know that any car that's well-known for endurance racing, road rallying etc. "should" not be so easily written off as "little pocket rockets with motors that are like grenades".
You should try to be a little more open-minded. Maybe you'll actually LEARN something.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know, he's your hero huh? Because he tells you what you want to hear.
Yep, he knows a ton about these engines alright. No argument from me on that. I just think that everyone is a little too fast to buy into everything he says. I don't question his knowledge, I question his objectivity on the subject only. And since I'm not in a position to go toe to toe with him on the subject, I will not get any deeper in this issue. We'll just leave it at a "difference of opinion". His based on intimate knowledge of the product and the need to qualify his work at the company, and mine from factory training on the engine and years of hands-on, in the field experience with the engine.
I've never made it a secret that I don't like the Northstar and never have. I've also made it very clear why I drew my conclusions about the engine. I went to the GM schools on it, rebuilt them, worked on them and quite frankly had more of them then probably everyone here combined but nevertheless, I'm branded as crazy. :banghead:
I've said it for years, Cadillac bungled the Northstar program. The engine had a lot of potential but overall, marketing was the company's greatest asset when it comes to the Northstar. You want to know about the "real world" Northstar, ask dealer techs, ask fleet guys. They have no "vested interest" in the engine, they'll tell you the truth about it. I'll admit it's better than it used to be but it's still damaged goods IMO. Should've been retired years ago.
I also said for years that Cadillac needed a better engine for any performance applications. They knew it. You ever see any real extreme Cadillacs that didn't have a Chevy engine in them? Not hardly. The CTS-V, Cadillac's first and finest 'V' owes the vast majority of it's success to that bad-ass Corvette drivetrain. IMO Cadillac needs an engine that can reliably pump out at least 400hp naturally aspirated, and that will not happen with a Northstar.
It's okay, I've been flamed for years because of my views but I hate to say it, time usually proves me right.

willsctsv
04-25-05, 09:48 PM
I had to chime in here,12.8 to 13.1 is about 3 car lengths. That's significant!

CVP33
04-25-05, 09:48 PM
Never in my life have I been angry enough to write this much on the internet.

Never in my life have I been bored enough to read posts as long as the one above.

I offer only this advice:

“Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.”
Billy Shakespeare - The Tempest

Dave's V
04-25-05, 09:55 PM
Never in my life have I been angry enough to write this much on the internet.

Never in my life have I been bored enough to read posts as long as the one above.

I offer only this advice:

“Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.”
Billy Shakespeare - The Tempest

I'm actually not angry. I figured most people will read the first few lines and then look for all of the red.

I'm done with dealing with Katshot.

90Brougham350
04-25-05, 09:57 PM
You V drivers have some pretty sweet rides. You'll beat a lot of vehicles out there, that's for sure. As long as you can control the wheel hop. You drive a Cadillac with a Chevy engine. It's a fast Cadillac though. I really like the V, almost wish I had one. Too small for my tastes though. But what's wrong with admitting there are improvements needed with your vehicles? Can you disagree with wheel hop issues or a less-than-Cadillac interior? The V is a fine first for Cadillac. It just needs a few things and it'll be absolutely fantastic. Can you disagree with anything I've said? I'll probably get this quoted now, with a little color code too.

Brian

Dave's V
04-25-05, 10:03 PM
I had to chime in here,12.8 to 13.1 is about 3 car lengths. That's significant!

I agree, .3 seconds is big on a drag strip. Both cars won't run those times everytime. Was 12.8 his best or average time? If it was his best then he probably got mostly 13.0 or 13.1 which is in range of a stock V. If it was average than a stock V wouldn't have much of a chance.

I know track times depend on a lot of variables such as track condition, climate, driver's reflexes, etc.

I personally want to see how much faster the V is with about 25,000 miles on it since most runs have been done when the car is new.

akm2k5
04-25-05, 10:07 PM
http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/deargod_stop.jpghttp://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/Stupid/6thsense.jpg
............ I dont meant Dave's V (member.php?u=23012).. its some of the other people here.

Vrocks
04-25-05, 10:08 PM
:histeric: :tsucks:

Dave's V
04-25-05, 10:09 PM
I agree with that the V has some problems. The interior is not one of them though IMO. BMWs and Mercedes have been known for their boring interiors. The V's styling is unique in a world of cookie cutter cars.

And I have seen many V owners complain about the wheel hop or somethings you didn't mention "parade clunk" and rear end whine. I never said the car was perfect, but I'm not going to trade it in just because I had to have the rear end replaced.

And yes it has a Chevy engine which is a great thing if you ask me.

Blackout
04-26-05, 12:35 AM
Coming froom a Ford fan, I can see why you hate the V. What else besides the Mustang and GT40 resemble any kind of performance at Ford these days, not way back when.First its not the GT40 its the GT. Second I like how because Cadillac has a car that is fast for what all of two years now and Ford's SVT team is in devleopment with redoing its whole lineup that your all like yeah Ford has nothing. Well where has Cadillac been for the past 50+ years? Face it. If Cadillac was its own seperate dentity and wasn't related to GM there probably would be no Cadillac at this point let alone an CTS-V. Cadillac owe's its rebirth *in performance aspects* to Chevy for letting them use the LS6. Without that engine we would not be having this discussion. But then you also highlighted in "red" = bad that you quoted this....

but in real-world driving (where most of us drive) it's more than possible for a 'V' driver to get beat by the likes of a '05 GTO or SRT-8.How the hell would you be disagreeing with this? The CTS-V has a stick shift which means at any given time there can be driver error. GTO and SRT-8 have or have as an option an automatic. The GTO's automatic is faster in the 1/4 then the stick and the SRT-8 is runnning low 13's in stock trim. So just because someone might have broken into the 12's with a stock CTS-V does not mean that everybody is now running 12's. And I would also like for you to quote where I said I hated the CTS-V. Unlike you I respect all cars no matter where they are from. I'm not company branded such as yourself and as soon as you see the V symbol its the end all in every aspect when it comes to racing.

Koooop
04-26-05, 12:47 AM
Kashot is pushing around a 10 year old Impala SS that's disguised as a Cadillac. I used to drive a big boat like that...in the day, but that day is over (thankfullly). Then I upgraded to an LS (underpowered like the FTS) but now I've moved on.

I smell a serious case of V envy! Size matters and the FTS clearly wins :crying:

I still want to set the way back machine! Anyone know where I can get a Mandarin Orange '75 Coupe DeVille? I'll pay extra if the Monsterous Coupe DeVille is rust free.:D

Sadly I'll have to drive my second rate V tomorrow :crying2:

(I hope I can get past all of this negativity, "Can't we all just get along")

StealthV
04-26-05, 03:22 AM
:grouphug:

Katshot
04-26-05, 07:57 AM
Kashot is pushing around a 10 year old Impala SS that's disguised as a Cadillac. I used to drive a big boat like that...in the day, but that day is over (thankfullly). Then I upgraded to an LS (underpowered like the FTS) but now I've moved on.

I smell a serious case of V envy! Size matters and the FTS clearly wins :crying:

I still want to set the way back machine! Anyone know where I can get a Mandarin Orange '75 Coupe DeVille? I'll pay extra if the Monsterous Coupe DeVille is rust free.:D

Sadly I'll have to drive my second rate V tomorrow :crying2:

(I hope I can get past all of this negativity, "Can't we all just get along")

That's nice, cut on my car. That's real mature. :rolleyes:

Katshot
04-26-05, 08:00 AM
I agree, .3 seconds is big on a drag strip.

I wish you'd make up your mind. Lately, you're becoming the king of contradictory statements.

04-26-05, 08:51 AM
STOP IT! STOP IT RIGHT NOW! EVERYONE GO TO THEIR ROOMS THIS INSTANT!
DON'T COME OUT UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO BE NICE.

Any further discussion on this topic and your GameBoy and TV privileges will be suspended for one week!

90Brougham350
04-26-05, 10:02 AM
Where's a couple good M5 drivers when you need 'em?.......:annoyed:

Brian

akm2k5
04-26-05, 01:34 PM
Yeah, why do we have to go so low to cut on a mans car..

BTW, I was reading that someone is developing a chip (or ecu reprogramming) for the SRT8 possibly good for substantial HP gain (Im thinking 30hp?)
...Thats kinda cool. What do we have for the V?
*Guys, keep the discussion mature*

That's nice, cut on my car. That's real mature. :rolleyes:

Koooop
04-26-05, 01:43 PM
You V drivers have some pretty sweet rides. You'll beat a lot of vehicles out there, that's for sure. As long as you can control the wheel hop. You drive a Cadillac with a Chevy engine. It's a fast Cadillac though. I really like the V, almost wish I had one. Too small for my tastes though. But what's wrong with admitting there are improvements needed with your vehicles? Can you disagree with wheel hop issues or a less-than-Cadillac interior? The V is a fine first for Cadillac. It just needs a few things and it'll be absolutely fantastic. Can you disagree with anything I've said? I'll probably get this quoted now, with a little color code too.
Brian

You couldn't be more right, there is room for improvement in the CTS but Cadillac has come a long way.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the 1990 model Brougham cars had either a 307 or a 350 Chevy engine and that's a good thing. (I've owned at least Five DV's on that platform)

As far as a less than Cadillac interior in the CTS I just have to say there are a few of the older Cadillac interior appointments I do not miss. The Plastic Wood trim, nor the glove box door that eats pens (where the hell did they go?). I don't miss the interior parts falling off when you hit a bump, I don't miss having to use silicon to glue the drivers door window control panel back in place, I don't miss the automatic trunk puller downer thing, I don't miss the auto dim high beams nor the Vacuum operated parking brake nor the springs sticking me in the ass on the drivers seat (non Fleetwood of course) or the black/grey fuzzy stuff that lined the trunk...But most of all I don't miss the vast array of squeaks and rattles that plague so many Cadillacs. I just don't agree that the CTS has a less than Cadillac interior it seems the interior in the CTS is built to a much higher standard these days.

I do miss the big smoking burn outs (with no wheel hop), I miss the old Turbo Hydro 400 Auto Trans, I miss the Big Blocks, and I really miss my 118 db Wolo air horns that played "The Godfather" they're a must on those Full Size Caddy's.

Katshot
04-26-05, 01:43 PM
Yeah, why do we have to go so low to cut on a mans car..

BTW, I was reading that someone is developing a chip (or ecu reprogramming) for the SRT8 possibly good for substantial HP gain (Im thinking 30hp?)
...Thats kinda cool. What do we have for the V?
*Guys, keep the discussion mature*

Thank-you.

akm2k5
04-26-05, 08:31 PM
Guys, I dont know if the SRT8 has wheel hop.. Can anyone tell from these vids at the track? (save target as)

http://www.need4speedpower.com/albums/album09/Scribner_April_24th.wmv

http://www.need4speedpower.com/albums/album09/Need4Speeds_SRT8_13_36_run.wmv

CVP33
04-26-05, 08:48 PM
What a beast! 13.37 and 13.36 = Great runs!

GNSCOTT
04-26-05, 08:55 PM
Wish someone would hijack this thread.;)

Yes there is an ECM mod for the V.

CVP33
04-26-05, 08:56 PM
Yes there is an ECM mod for the V.

Hijack seconded. ECM mod' you say? Where? Who? $?

04-26-05, 09:22 PM
CVP33, if I put my V t-shirt and a pink tutu over crotchless black leather skin tight pants, do you think that it would make me look fat?

StealthV
04-26-05, 09:25 PM
My goal is to tour the Ferrari factory during my trip to Italy this year.

akm2k5
04-26-05, 09:28 PM
edited by me to remove my own gay post.....http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/drinker.gif

2004ctsv
04-26-05, 09:29 PM
CVP33, if I put my V t-shirt and a pink tutu over crotchless black leather skin tight pants, do you think that it would make me look fat?

I heard you're so fat that you tutu is a ten-ten:eek:

2004ctsv
04-26-05, 09:32 PM
There's a guy at work who drives a 4x4 pickup with large letters TRD on the side of the bed - is that pronounced turd?

StealthV
04-26-05, 09:58 PM
Aye - we need to make up a bunch of U stickers and mail them out.

CVP33
04-26-05, 10:03 PM

Doug,

Having met you in person, I believe you looking fat is a physical impossiblity. I do however, have some gay friends at work that are VERY interested in seeing pictures of said outfit, if you don't mind.

Respectfully,

Yer pal chris

GNSCOTT
04-26-05, 10:46 PM
Hijack seconded. ECM mod' you say? Where? Who? $?
There are several. I think Dynotech does one. If you do a search you will see some threads.

CVP33, if I put my V t-shirt and a pink tutu over crotchless black leather skin tight pants, do you think that it would make me look fat? http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/images/misc/quotes/quot-bot-left.gif

Use vertical striped pants. It will make you look thinner ;)

04-26-05, 11:25 PM
Doug,

Having met you in person, I believe you looking fat is a physical impossiblity. I do however, have some gay friends at work that are VERY interested in seeing pictures of said outfit, if you don't mind.

Respectfully,

Yer pal chris

best I could do on short notice.
http://www.officialvillagepeople.com/Studio%2054%20page/images/DSCF0115.jpg

Katshot
04-27-05, 08:06 AM
Guys, I dont know if the SRT8 has wheel hop.. Can anyone tell from these vids at the track? (save target as)

http://www.need4speedpower.com/albums/album09/Scribner_April_24th.wmv

http://www.need4speedpower.com/albums/album09/Need4Speeds_SRT8_13_36_run.wmv

Now THAT's the proper way to take a drag race video. No doubt about that car and what it did, huh?

StealthV
04-27-05, 09:28 AM
Still don't like the car. :)

jimbohenson
04-27-05, 10:52 AM
There was a Dodge/Chrysler training/test drive recently near my work. They were running the SRT8 against the CTS-V. Quarter mile up, two laps around skid pad, and quarter mile back. They claimed the SRT8 won every time and did so because of the skid pad times. needless to say Dodge employees were driving both cars. I asked if I could try with my V and they gracefully declined.