: 93 STS/Factory Alarm Questions/Clifford G5

Rob_M
04-20-05, 03:22 PM
I just put a Clifford G5 Concept 550 on lay away. Is there anything I need to know or do about the factory alarm other that disarming it by unlocking the door? Is that the best possible way to completely disarm it??? Any other important tips reguarding a new alarm install over the factory one?

Thanks! R:cool:B

cadavev
04-20-05, 04:05 PM
i would think that there would be an interface that amkes your alarm work with factory just like the alarms do for the new gm trucks. i have a clifford matirx 3.5 in my 04 avalanche and it works with the factory system and even arms and disarms it with my clifford. i would make sure that the installer looks into that 1st.

Rob_M
04-20-05, 05:59 PM
Yeah, thanks for the heads up. I will look for that when I get it. That would be interesting and a great feature if the alarm had it. I've read about people having conflicts between the aftermarket and factory alarms here. I just want to avoid the pain of going through all that if possible...What would that feature be called in alarm lingo so I can look for it in the owners manual?

Rob_M
04-24-05, 11:49 AM
HEY!!! Got a question. They say to disarm the factory alarm you need to unlock the door with a key. So last night, I armed it, then I unlocked the door with a key. I noticed that the "security light" is still flashing on the dash. What does this mean???????????????

THX. ROB

cadavev
04-25-05, 05:02 PM
well the marix clifford usses a module i think it is a 555t it is linked with the remote start and works with the factory system. i can arm both and if a break in occurs both alarms go off anf both disarm via the clifford remote

Rob_M
04-25-05, 06:12 PM
So do you think the G5 would have that feature too? If so, what would that feature be called? Also, I still would like to know why the security light is blinking if I unlock the door with the key and the factory alarm is supposedly unarmed

Rob_M
04-25-05, 06:13 PM
So do you think the G5 would have that feature too? If so, what would that feature be called? Also, I still would like to know why the security light is blinking if I unlock the door with the key and the factory alarm is supposedly unarmed