: 1976 Calais Sedan

rbatt2
04-20-05, 11:59 AM
I have the opportunity to buy a very low mileage 1976 Calais sedan. The car has basically been stored for a lot of years but it looks and runs like new. It has no service history other than some oil change stickers on the driver's door. It also has been repainted at some point but it was a high quality job. I know this was the last year for this model and they did not make very many of them. Does anyone have any idea regarding the desireability and value for this vehicle? Many thanks.

Adam
04-20-05, 12:24 PM
how much are they wanting for it? sounds pretty nice id go for it if the price was good. good luck anyway, hope you are able to get it.

rbatt2
04-20-05, 12:42 PM
how much are they wanting for it? sounds pretty nice id go for it if the price was good. good luck anyway, hope you are able to get it.

Thanks. Waiting to hear back on the asking price and I want to get some idea of the value so I know what is fair versus outrageous versus a bargain! I am sure it's not a highly sought after model since it was Caddy's "entry-level" offering at the time plus it is a 4 door which a lot of collectors do not care for. But since 1976 was the last year for the Calais and it is in such nice shape I am seriously considering it.

N0DIH
04-20-05, 07:15 PM
Got any pictures? I have never seen a Calais Caddy, only Olds Cutlass Calais...

Funny how everyone picks up Cadillac's names years later....

rbatt2
04-20-05, 07:50 PM
Got any pictures? I have never seen a Calais Caddy, only Olds Cutlass Calais...Funny how everyone picks up Cadillac's names years later....

No pictures. But stylistically the Calais looks just like a Coupe DeVille or Sedan DeVille. Mechanically identical too except the Calais had different trim levels and not as many standard features.

Adam
04-21-05, 12:22 AM
this might be a little off topic but wasnt there a Phaeton in 1976? it wouldnt be one of those would it?

Adam
04-21-05, 12:28 AM
this might be a little off topic but wasnt there a Phaeton in 1976? it wouldnt be one of those would it?

rbatt2
04-21-05, 09:14 AM

Completely different. I believe the Phaeton was in 1978/79 and it was most commonly a cotillion white DeVille with a dark blue carriage-top style roof and special leather seats and badging.

rbatt2
04-24-05, 12:38 PM
Anyone have a price guide that can give me an idea of the fair market value and/or desireability of a 1976 Calais sedan? Thanks.

Pete Benson
04-24-05, 01:13 PM
Completely different. I believe the Phaeton was in 1978/79 and it was most commonly a cotillion white DeVille with a dark blue carriage-top style roof and special leather seats and badging.

Just for the record, the Phaeton option was available for 1979 only, and was offered on both the Coupe and Sedan deVilles. Colors available were: Cotillion white with dark blue roof and white leather, Slate firemist with black roof and grey leather, and Western Saddle firemist with dark brown roof and saddle leather.