: Removing frnt/corner lamp

carguy16
04-19-05, 11:36 PM
If anyone has done this, it is a pain in the ass. I had a marker/turn signal light out on the driver side. I popped the hood, unscrewed a screw holding the cornering/marker light assemblly and replaced the old light bulb with no problems.

Now, popping it back in is another story. It took me 20-30 minutes trying to figure out how to get the thing in. The rubber weather stripping was getting in the way, I decided to line it up and push it in and hold it there, using the screw driver I shoved it under the assembly and pryed the weather stripping out of it, same goes for the top, then i got it screwed in, I didnt think I would be able to get in, but now I have a side marker lamp and a turn signal!!! So, I am more visable, most important was the turn signal, without it, alot of people are clueless as to if you are signaling, because they may not see the front of rear signals, these are vital.

This is the marker light assembly on the 93-96, that have the Caddy symbol next to the marker light, these DO WORK! If they dont they need replacement, go to an auto parts store or dealer and buy light bulbs with the number 194, I spent less then $3.00 bucks for a package of two, I got white lights, instead of orange, I figured the assembly was orange, so it made sense to get a white bulb, the old bulb was also white.

BluEyes
04-20-05, 02:23 AM
You've just got one of those tiny newer Cadillacs. ;)

On my '70, those front marker lamps are easy to get to. The drivers side just needs you to reach around behind the horns to give the bulb holder a twist.
Gotta love those cornering lamps though - absolutely beautiful idea!