: just picked car up!!please help!!

ndogg ct
04-19-05, 09:02 PM
:banghead: :banghead: don't think my alarm is working,steering wheel shakes at around 60mph,just noticed a screw in my r front tire...any alarm info??thanks!!

Dave's V
04-19-05, 09:12 PM
For the alarm if it is an 05 see http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/05alarm.html.

Have them replace your tire and check the front end.

crowan
04-19-05, 10:07 PM
Most 05s, mine included, are sold without the alarm being activated because the dealers are unaware of the need for a minor bit of programming that literally takes 2 minutes to complete. Its not a big deal if your service department is at all knowledgeable.

Once you tire is fixed, you will love your new ride.

ndogg ct
04-20-05, 08:17 PM
so the vibration is'nt serious??should i just live with it till i can't take it any more?thanks guys!!

Dave's V
04-20-05, 08:22 PM
so the vibration is'nt serious??should i just live with it till i can't take it any more?thanks guys!!

Heck no! Go back there and show them how it vibrates and make them fix it. You never buy a new car with an obvious defect.

V-Beach
04-20-05, 08:25 PM
The dealer will fix the nail hole for free. Look in you little Goodyear book and you'll see it's covered. This "could" be the cause of the shake.

ndogg ct
04-20-05, 08:32 PM
don't want to be without this car while they take forever finding the problem like everyone else is going through.at least not now:(

Dave's V
04-20-05, 09:12 PM
don't want to be without this car while they take forever finding the problem like everyone else is going through.at least not now:(

Vibrations have a nasty habit of shaking something else in the car apart. It shouldn't be that hard to find out what is causing the vibration. Since my dealer hasn't sold many 05 Vs, they had trouble figuring out how to fix the alarm. But eventually they did get it.