: Racing Junk heads

CTX-SLPR
04-19-05, 09:55 PM
Howdy,

not sure if this the right place to post this but thought some of ya'll might be interested.

http://www.racingjunk.com/exec/ca/view/407906/North-star-cadillac-heads.html

Dig in,

davesdeville
04-19-05, 10:44 PM
The title doesn't really help the ad...

danbuc
04-19-05, 11:00 PM
Neither does the fact that no year is listed. I hate it when people sell stuff, and don't even no what it came from. I see this kind of thing all of the time on ebay as well. People selling parts to a "Northstar", with no mention of what engine (L37/LD8), or year (1993-2005) that the parts fit. :annoyed:

CTX-SLPR
04-19-05, 11:38 PM
They aren't mine, I just spotted them and I'm about 8 months from getting a Northstar myself unless someone hits my Regal. Just trying to help the ya'll brothers out.

Thanks,

danbuc
04-20-05, 12:17 AM
Oh, I know there not yours, I was just stating that I see this alot. Sorry if I seemed like I was directing it at you. I just find it annoying, when someone sells something, but don't say what it fits.

CTX-SLPR
04-20-05, 12:37 AM
Oh I know you didn't aim it at me, but some people might think so I cleared it up. I also hate it. I've been doing Buicks for years and especially with the older Nailheads there are so many different little things that make or break what you can use it with. Same can be said about Big Block Buick heads..... Now I'm doing Grand National motors and trans in classic iron. But my modern Buick just ate its tranny so I might just run the warranty out then step up to a Cadillac for more luxury, more power, and more durability in the 4T80E.

1fastSTS
04-20-05, 06:00 PM
hey CTX. are you on regalGS.org? im ScottyRegal on there.
i had a 98 GS until a drunk driver totalled it for me, THANKS!!!
more power? i was doing 12.63's@ 107mph. but more luxury, no LOL
as for your tranny.

simple.
high energy clutches, transgo shift kit set on medium, LSD(not intense, its garbage)
and optional 3000 stall converter. and a 4340 input shaft. ULL never have a problem with your transmission again!! i ran my transmission at the track every saturday for 5 months straight with 6-11 passes each time. while daily driving, not one problem until it was destroyed. and my motor has 103,000 miles on it, if i had the patience to do up another GS i would...but i dont have time or patience to start all over again...if its just your tranny. id get it fixed.

CTX-SLPR
04-20-05, 06:55 PM
the tranny is fixed Scotty, cost me $1800 for a stock rebuild at a local reputable shop. I'm kind of pissed at the car right now and I don't mess with my daily drivers unless its a stock replacement type part for something wearing/worn out, ie the slotted rotors on the front of the Regal. The power windows also just died and I can't for the life of my figure out what is busted without starting to replace the big money items... ie motor regulator assemblies.
I have a 12 month warranty on the tranny so I'll probably drive it till about superbowl time when Caddy is pushing the '06's pretty hard and evaluate if I want to replace the Regal or drive the wheels off of it and hope it doesn't break anything between now and Christmas time '07. Its a nice fun car but it might be time to move on to something with a better track record, ie 2001+ Seville.