: General questions

inconnu
04-19-05, 09:36 PM
Here are few general questions about catera
1 what is the correct air pressure in Front and rear tires
2 Do you guys suggest using fuel injector cleaners (if yes is there a particular brand that worked real good )
3 Would it be alright to put 225 60 16 tires (1997 Cat standard rims)
4 where is the 12v outlet socket in 1997 cat (for charging cell phones etc)
5 Can you tell by looking at the color of coolant reservior if the cooling system needs to be flushed if no then how can you tell
6 When i pump the gas the gas pump nozzle shuts by itself number of times no matter if the tank is almost full or halfway or empty.
7Any suggestions on putting in a mp3 cd player in place of cassatte player and keeping the controls on the steering wheel alive
Thanks

Vesicant
04-19-05, 10:49 PM
Here are few general questions about catera
1 what is the correct air pressure in Front and rear tires
2 Do you guys suggest using fuel injector cleaners (if yes is there a particular brand that worked real good )
3 Would it be alright to put 225 60 16 tires (1997 Cat standard rims)
4 where is the 12v outlet socket in 1997 cat (for charging cell phones etc)
5 Can you tell by looking at the color of coolant reservior if the cooling system needs to be flushed if no then how can you tell
6 When i pump the gas the gas pump nozzle shuts by itself number of times no matter if the tank is almost full or halfway or empty.
7Any suggestions on putting in a mp3 cd player in place of cassatte player and keeping the controls on the steering wheel alive
Thanks

1. On the drivers door, theres a label/sticker that says whats reccomended. For non regular high-speed driving (under 160 kmh / 100mph) its 35 psi or 241kPa if i recall.
2. In situations where its needed for a cleaner to be used (bad gasmileage,rough running etc) .. STP's fuel system cleaner hasnt failed any vehicles we've owned that used it.
3.Thats pretty big, why are you wanting to go to 60 series? It's gonna be quite close.
4. In the ashtray underneath the radio
5. Go by mileage, there are tests as well. Dexcool usually turns darker as it gets older.
6. That may be with an issue on some Cateras, when the filler neck is made it sets up poorly making kinks in the pipe. Either that or the vapor vent is clogged .
7. Yes- they make a converter/pack that uses your aftermarket radio and hooksup to the controls on the wheel. Something like this; I'd do what they say there and call to make sure its compatable with the setup you choose (should you purchase that one):http://www.crutchfield.com/S-c6mPsWUqONp/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=118900&I=127SWIX

inconnu
04-20-05, 10:56 AM
Thanks for all the answers Jeff
One more quick one :lildevil:
Where is the vapour vent
Cheers