: My Caddy won't start.....help!!

jayemost
04-19-05, 09:14 PM
Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this problem.

I drove my caddy into the garage the other day, shut it off, and I haven't been able to crank it since. The engine turns over but will not start.

I have changed all the related ignition fuses and relays, although none of them were bad. I checked the fuel pressure and fuel pump, they checked out ok, but I replaced the pump anyway. I also replaced the spark plugs, plug wires, fuel filter, and fuel pressure regulator. I checked voltages according to my service manual at all the connections and everything checked out fine. However, I did find that the voltage to the coil pack/ignition control module was correct but the coil packs were not firing. I replaced the ICM and the coils, still no fire. I have returned the ICM and coil packs 3 times and still get no fire. Basically, everything works right up to the ignition control module and stops there, but why won't it work? I'm stumped. What are the chances of 3 ICMs and 12 coils being bad in a row. Please help. Has anyone else had this or a similar problem. I have the northstar if that helps.

Stoneage_Caddy
04-19-05, 09:20 PM
I have the northstar if that helps.

sure does , gonna move this to northstar ...beatter chances for you to get help ....