: Transmission and Bosch P2 plugs

sanchman
04-19-05, 10:42 AM
Hello, my catera has 100k miles on it. What is the difference between getting the transmisson flush and just taking everything apart with new filter etc. The dealer told me with the flush I don't have to change the filter. The flush would clean it out. How true I don't know. Pls advise as to what step I should take. Have anyone tried using the Bosch P2 spark plugs. Will they cause problems. Thanks guys.

omermurat
04-19-05, 11:17 AM
Changing the filter in the tranny is not that completed and it is necessary. Flushing should clean it but it's not going to be 100%. I'd get both flushing & changing the filter done.

I've been using Bosch Platinum +4 on all my cars including Catera, and I've got only good things to say about it.

Vesicant
04-19-05, 03:55 PM
Whatever you do - DONT flush the transmission as a precaution. Just put in new fluid and filter.

sanchman
04-19-05, 04:57 PM
Thanks so much for your reply. Jeff is there a major reason why I shouldn't flush as to just replace the filter and new oil. One dealer is telling me that I should do both. Thanks for your help as well omermurat