: Went to dealership to get PCM reflashed in order for the Predator tune

kimcheejeegae
04-19-05, 10:38 AM
to work....

They attempted to reflash my PCM and it failed.
Apparently, there are is a batch of cars where the PCM will not store the VIN number properly, thus preventing me from being able to install the Diablosport Predator "chip" Tune software.

AAARGH!!

I asked to replace the PCM and they refused stating that in it's current state, it is working fine.

Any other options?

If not, I'm returning the Predator.

CaddyGeek
04-19-05, 10:47 AM
If it's worth it to you, you can buy a PCM for somewhere between $500 -$650(?)... if memory serves me right. I believe someone else, with a maggie, had bought an additional unit for about that much in case of emergency. If I find the post, I'll edit this to include the link.

edit: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32861&page=1&pp=20&highlight=maggie+pcm

The link above is the one I mentioned, but Geno doesn't state the cost of the additional PCM. You might PM him to ask. Geno, you out there?

urbanski
04-19-05, 10:53 AM
there's gotta be a way to stick the VIN in there.
but having 2 PCMs is always a good idea when you want a tune done

Kels55
04-19-05, 10:58 AM
to work....

Apparently, there are is a batch of cars where the PCM will not store the VIN number properly, thus preventing me from being able to install the Diablosport Predator "chip" Tune software.

AAARGH!!

I asked to replace the PCM and they refused stating that in it's current state, it is working fine.

Any other options?

You can have Diablosport reflash you PCM. I had the exact same issue with a Superchips tuner and they had a tech come out to my car and do it in the parking lot. I then sat there and installed the Superchips tune, and it installed immediately.

Barak
04-19-05, 11:52 AM
That is absolutely BS. In its current state the vehicle is noncompliant with regulation, and noncompliant is one of the scariest words in the world of certification. As of MY2005 all vehicles must report the VIN through the DLC before the manufacturer can get certification to the sell the vehicles in the US. There are ways around this if there is a problem, but at the very least the manufacturer must do a service campaign to fix the vehicles when they come in for service. If not enough vehicles come in for service, then a full blown recall will result. Therefore, the dealership is doing exactly the opposite of what GM needs it to do.

If you would like me to show you where you can find the regulation stating the requirement for the VIN, then send me an email. I suggest that you show the regulation to the dealership and tell them that they sold you a noncompliant vehicle.

kimcheejeegae
04-19-05, 12:24 PM
That is absolutely BS. In its current state the vehicle is noncompliant with regulation, and noncompliant is one of the scariest words in the world of certification. As of MY2005 all vehicles must report the VIN through the DLC before the manufacturer can get certification to the sell the vehicles in the US. There are ways around this if there is a problem, but at the very least the manufacturer must do a service campaign to fix the vehicles when they come in for service. If not enough vehicles come in for service, then a full blown recall will result. Therefore, the dealership is doing exactly the opposite of what GM needs it to do.

If you would like me to show you where you can find the regulation stating the requirement for the VIN, then send me an email. I suggest that you show the regulation to the dealership and tell them that they sold you a noncompliant vehicle.

Barak... the dealership is working to get this issue fixed. Apparently there is a TSB out for this issue, I haven't found anything on the web yet. What is your email address? I went to your public profile and I get blocked from sending you a message.

My email is Kimcheebowl@gmail.com Thanks!

akm2k5
04-19-05, 12:51 PM
how much does it cost to have your ECU reflashed?

kimcheejeegae
04-19-05, 01:15 PM
how much does it cost to have your ECU reflashed?

They filed mine under warranty work... so essentially... free. =)

V-seriesTech
04-19-05, 03:55 PM
to work....

AAARGH!!

Any other options?

Personally, I haven't heard of the VIN not sticking to the PCM(not to say that isn't true) once you have tried to imput it into the PCM.

You should be able, through the service stall, useing a Tech II, to TYPE IN the VIN number, and then INPUT it into the tech II, then input it into the cars PCM. Shouldn't take more then a few minutes. Then you should be able to start your diablo tune.

Either you found someone that didn't know how to imput the vin into a car that doesn't have the Vin stored, AE, the V, or your pcm, really can't have the vin imputed. Sounds weird man.

trukk
04-19-05, 04:09 PM
LOL@ 'imput'

I'm a sh!tty speller too, but that just cracked me up.

-Chris

V-seriesTech
04-19-05, 04:30 PM
LOL@ 'imput'

I'm a sh!tty speller too, but that just cracked me up.

-Chris

Oh,...ok. Dork.:hmm: