View Full Version : Rocker/door chrome moulding....

Night Wolf
04-18-05, 10:38 PM
I was wondering how it is attached to the car? I think they are clips, but are the clips drilled into the door/body etc...?

my '79 DeVille has a very small chrome piece *below* the doors, just on the center section... I never liked the look of the car like that, but I really like the extra chrome on the 1979 Fleetwood and the 80's Broughams and such. With more then a handful od these cars at local junkyards, I can get everything pretty cheap.... what kind of work am I looking at to get this on my car?

Here is a picture of a 1979 Fleetwood.... it is pretty obvious what I am talking about.. the lower rocker/door chrome parts... Thanks :)


04-18-05, 10:55 PM
they are screwed in under the body of the car. PH tip screw driver is all you need but your car may not have the holes in place.

Night Wolf
04-18-05, 11:00 PM
What about the pieces ont he doors?

unless you mean the "frame" of the chrome curves under and the screws go *up* (from the bottom) into the door/body?

If that is the case, then I am gonna get the cordless drill out and find my tapping set.... it seems easy enough, and it will make my car look so much better...

04-19-05, 12:58 AM
the door chrome screws in on the bottom inside and get some double sided 3m tape as well.

Night Wolf
04-19-05, 03:40 PM
I looked at the chrome on the drivers door of my mother '89 Brougham... there was no screws or anything below it....

could you get pictures of the area you are talking about? Thanks

05-16-05, 11:54 PM
You have to look from behind the body, toward the inside.

Mine have some odd plastic clips.
(Will try to photograph).

Good luck.