: Goodridge brake line kit for '04-'07 CTS V (part number 12242)

06VaporTrail
10-02-13, 11:53 PM
I am stuck with an issue installing my Goodridge brake lines. The banjo bolts come in 2 different sizes, 1 longer than the other 3. With nothing listed in the instructions on the back of the box and calling Goodridge office in Ca I cannot get an answer on which caliper the single long banjo bolt goes into. Has anyone installed this kit? If so, could you please list where this longer bolt installs on which caliper.
I have an '06 CTS V.

Thanks in advance for the help. Much appreciated.

Randy

AAIIIC
10-03-13, 12:06 AM
Sounds to me like you got a defective kit. Unless Goodridge uses hoses with different ends (one thicker than the other three), there's no reason any of the banjo bolts would be different. The calipers on either side of the car are identical (well, mirror images of each other).

06VaporTrail
10-03-13, 12:13 AM
I called the company and they are sending me another small bolt. I agree, they should all be the same, at least the banjo fittings all look the same.

StretchASU
10-03-13, 01:04 AM
I have this same kit sitting around waiting to be installed once I get everything together for my brake mod weekend. Might go check this just to be sure. Did you run into any issue installing one of the lines? Some of these kits have issues with the threads starting on one particular line.

heavymetals
10-03-13, 01:15 AM
The right rear line is different.

Also, you may have problems with it connecting up because of the threads on the flare bolt on the hard line side.

You need to chase the threads on the bolt as they are tapered and the threads on the Goodridge are not.

Use a 3/8th inch 24 fine thread die to chase the hard line end.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v/1604398-goodridge-ss-line-problem.html

nikdsctsv
10-03-13, 11:18 AM
What Heavy said. They come with different size banjo bolts, normal.

AAIIIC
10-03-13, 11:23 AM
Well then, I stand corrected. :)

jclayc
10-03-13, 12:00 PM
Maybe I'm confused, but I don't know that the OP was asking about where the right rear line connects to the body's hard line, like heavy is talking about. I think OP is asking about why three of the banjo bolts that go into the calipers are long and one is short. I had the same question, particuarly since, when you slide the one short banjo bolt through banjo fitting with crush washers on each side, there are only like 4 threads to go into the caliper.

nikdsctsv
10-03-13, 12:35 PM
Maybe I'm confused, but I don't know that the OP was asking about where the right rear line connects to the body's hard line, like heavy is talking about. I think OP is asking about why three of the banjo bolts that go into the calipers are long and one is short. I had the same question, particuarly since, when you slide the one short banjo bolt through banjo fitting with crush washers on each side, there are only like 4 threads to go into the caliper.

Yeah...I seem to remember this too......Is one of the lines that bolts to the caliper thicker? (the part the bolt goes through) I remember seeing the differnt length bolts and actually installing it in the wrong spot only to remove it and put it in the right spot. Can't remember where and why now. But I had none of all the other problems everyone always says they have with goodridge lines. Mine went on good and bled easy. Still no problems.

jclayc
10-03-13, 12:57 PM
The banjo fittings (the things the banjo bolts go through) are all the same width so, no, there isn't a narrower fitting to go with the shorter bolt...

wait, I stand corrected - the left rear's banjo fitting is narrower than the others. See this pic: http://i.imgur.com/xmtNUDn.jpg

heavymetals
10-03-13, 01:04 PM
The banjo fitting is on the caliper side.

I was referring to the hard line the caliper line mates to on the frame.

The passenger RIGHT rear is different then the other three.

06VaporTrail
10-03-13, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the info. I have all of the lines installed and didn't want to remove them to size them up. I guess I should have checked everything over good before installing. Lesson learned.
I appreciate the help.