: Calling StealthV !

c5racr1
04-18-05, 02:34 PM
do you know the part number for the stock shifter assembly? B&M make a shifter for the cts which looks exactly like the V shifter. If GM is cheap like I know they are, the V shifter is probably the same one as the V6 cts. I ordered the thing anyway. Just trying to cross reverance the PN for the shifters.

benjet
04-18-05, 03:31 PM
Are you talking the knob or the whole shfter unit? bc the trans in the CTS isnt the same (as the V) the shifter couldnt possibly be.

c5racr1
04-18-05, 03:39 PM
the shifter unit itself. I just called B&M and they list the shifter unit as pn 45067, and list it for a T-56, I think the CTS has a t-5 but this would not matter as the shifter assembly is not gated, the gates are inside of the tranny. and dealing with GM for a number of years I can't see them having a different assembly because they are both remote operated. I looked at the assembly while I was at road atlanta and it looked the same. well I ordered one from jegs and it will be here in 10 days, has to be droped shipped from B&M.

StealthV
04-18-05, 04:28 PM
Ah, so you ordered a B&M base V6 CTS shifter to try on the V. Does the base CTS shifter use remote linkage? From memory, the base CTS 6-speed is an Aisin transmission.

Interesting experiment - my "engineerness" is skeptical. Good luck and keep us updated.