: New Sound System

georgekelp
04-17-05, 10:44 PM
Well i have a 86 eldorado and i just want more bass in the car. Nothing too special or really expensive, i would just like to have a little more bass. The sound form the speakers are fine to me right now. So i just saw this deal today at my local best buy but it was only $120 bux. What do you think?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7013064&type=product&cmp=++&id=1099393037143

It is pretty cheap i know, but 1), its sony, and 2) its cheap and im not looking for the best. Do you think i should pick this up?

Big_Blue
04-18-05, 01:20 AM
that should be fine if you just want fill in bass but one thing I learn about sound systems is that your gonna want more in the car just like a Tat on your arm. Once you get some your gonna want more more and more LOL

D148L0
04-18-05, 10:41 AM
For $120, I think you will be satisfied.

DJ Kontakt
04-21-05, 02:27 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32822&item=5768427128&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

this is cheaper, and will probably last longer. It wont be as loud though, but it is all in one, and much much easier to install.

georgekelp
04-22-05, 02:18 PM
Thanks, i dont really like the thing on ebay but thanks.

Will i just be able to buy a amp and subs? or will i have to also buy a new deck, and all four speakers... because i think i read somewhere that the stock radios on the eldorados are tricky in their compalibility.

bige's "95 seville
04-22-05, 02:46 PM
if you just get a sub and amp it will be alot easier than trying to add another reciever. but dont get too powerful of an amp because it will over power your factory speakers and it will sound like shit , just get a 400 amp and one sub and it will balance your sound with more bass.

bige's "95 seville
04-22-05, 02:58 PM
i have to rewire my speakers to bypass the factory amp in order to install an after market cd reciever. everything is fine untill i try to plug the power and remote wires.
can somebody tell me what color the power, remote, antenna, and memory wires are ?
its not red blue orange or yellow . i have green orange brown and yellow and its confusing the hell out of me . or do i ju8st need to spring for the 50 dollar thingy to bypass the fact amp?
hell thats a whole tank of gas

and what are those square horn looking things connected to my door speakers

big-E

americanbodybuilding
04-23-05, 11:41 PM
The ideal set up for those subs is a bandpass box, it will give you the most bang for you're buck, and is just about the best those subs will sound. You're looking for a line-converter that you can tap into one of you're rear speaker lines, it will transfer that signal into an RCA signal, which then plugs into the amp. The easiest way. Yeh I'm gonna have to agree that the powered sub on ebay is not a good idea, 8's bottom out too easily, and such a low wattage defeats the purpose of downward firing subs.
Hey Biggie, the easiest thing you can do is just replace the whole system at once and rerun all your wires, it's a pain in the ass, but you'll be glad you did it later. If you have the bose system, that's the speakers own box, it adds to the sound soo much, if you replace the door speakers, leave that box in there, its great. You might notice that the door speakers are actually much better than the rear speakers.

=Seth