: 3M clear bra and fresh paint

darvish
04-17-05, 09:01 PM
OK,, i was driving down the road minding my own buisiness... when a sheet of plywood from a trailer flys off and stands on its end right in front of my car...choices being.. off the road.... or into the other lane with traffic.. or hit the plywood. I chose the 3rd option...head on at... i swear... 55 mph.. i pulled over.. looked at the busted fog light... got back in the car... asked the passengers if it was OK to catch the guy.... they said OK... mean age 72 BTW....hit 140 mph.... as an aside.. the moonroof has a big leak at speeds greater than 120......drove maybe 3 miles .. saw him on the side of the road looking at his trailer wondering where most of his load went i guess... pulled in behind him and told him what happened.... long story short.. his insurance is paying for 2000 dollars in damage.. ie rep0lace the fog lamp and front bumper cover..... the question to all you paint and body work guys... how long after its painted can i reapply the 3M clear bra?... if it were laquer or enamel... 90 days is good.. but i dont know about these modern two part paints?.. any thoughts?

Bill
St Louis

Dave's V
04-17-05, 09:25 PM
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I cringe everytime I'm behind someone with a loose load.

I think 6 months is about right for the time for curing the paint. IMO, he should pay to have the whole bra replaced.

rand49er
04-17-05, 10:38 PM
Got a clear bra a month ago and did some research at that time. Look on 3M's web site; I think it says there how long to wait after painting to apply the bra. BTW, sorry about your incident. Glad you caught up with the guy who lost his load.

Florian
04-17-05, 11:11 PM
7 days.

Florian

Devil_concours
04-17-05, 11:44 PM
well at least you're ok. Just to make you feel better

http://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118220