: Be Thankful for Our Forum--And That It's Not Corvetteforum

sefa01
04-17-05, 09:47 AM
Just bought a C6 coupe and so I've been going on www.corvetteforum.com. What a difference between this and that. The Corvette forum is sponsored by several Corvette dealers. Everything is geared around people's great experiences with the forum dealers. Makes you want to barf.

I posted my experience in purchasing my C6 coupe through a non-forum dealer ((got it at supplier price plus $1,000 GM bonus--saved $7,400). That was a shot across the bow. Within an hour, the post had been taken down by the administrator.

I was just thinking how bland our Cadillac CTS-V forum would be if we weren't free to criticize Cadillac dealers and GM. Gee, it would be like...www.corvetteforum.com.

BTW, I'm not leaving all you guys. I'm keeping my V and it will still be my first love. The C6 will just be my mistress.

urbanski
04-17-05, 09:55 AM
yep, usually anything critical of corvettes gets locked there.
they tend to crack down on negative things said about forum vendors, too.

however, it is a great source of info, and the vendors are very reputable. i read that board daily :)

Joey'sVee
04-17-05, 11:25 AM
I'm very thankful for this site...hence my supporting member status!

lawfive
04-17-05, 02:08 PM
Ditto. The only problem I've seen with admins here has stemmed from their attempts to be inclusive, not exclusive.

carpe dm
04-17-05, 02:27 PM
Sounds like you have the best of both worlds! CV is a wonderful source of info and help for Corvette owners; I have been using it for about six years. I am also trying to find a dealer that will sell me a C6 at the GMS price (employee rate) and have had no luck so far. :disappoin

sefa01
04-17-05, 05:27 PM
Sounds like you have the best of both worlds! CV is a wonderful source of info and help for Corvette owners; I have been using it for about six years. I am also trying to find a dealer that will sell me a C6 at the GMS price (employee rate) and have had no luck so far. :disappoin

e-mail me at sefa@aol.com and I may be able to help you with C6 at GMS. Coupe only.