: Help with my antenna

Ron Semler
04-17-05, 09:36 AM
I really am perplexed. I have had my 74 Cadillac for two months and the only thing not working is the power antenna. It makes a sound like it wants to work, but will not go down all the way inside the fender. I cleaned the engine and it went down further, but still not all the way. What...... And my clock does not work. Any advice? Thanks.

StealthV
04-17-05, 09:57 AM
My advice, park the classic American iron in the garage and buy a brand new CTS-V. :thumbsup:

Big_Blue
04-17-05, 09:44 PM
Check the battery behind the clock. My friend has a Caprice and his clock used a battery. The small flat kind. You might have to take the antenna out of the fender and open it up to clean it. Thats the last resort to keeping the factory one or take it out and get a Aftermarket one but make sure you keep the fitting that sit in the fender for the new one

Ron Semler
04-19-05, 06:54 PM
Thanks for all the advice. I finally got the antenna to move by using penetrating oil. Imagine that!!! And, by the way, I do own a CTS also. This is my hobby car. Don't advise me to park the old iron. That is no way to talk about an old classic. Of course, it is mine to look at and ride in parades, nothing more. K?