: My V Journey- Got it!!!!!

GottagettaV
04-17-05, 01:00 AM
Well, after researching and a ton of e-mails, I finally got my V!! My work paid off- 12.8% off of MSRP for a 25 mile 2005- mid 45's, minus $2k for GM Card balance, with 0% financing for 36 months. Guess I will have to change my forum name to "GottaV". Did a little road trip combined with college visits for my son, a high school senior. Flew to Ohio, picked up the car, and toured University of Akron first. Then off to Flint, Michigan to visit Kettering University (was GM University until about 10 years ago). While we were there my Uncle who has some Detroit connections arranged for a personal tour of the Northstar V8 factory in nearby Lavonia, MI. WOW, was that an experience! Three guys (and a lot of robots) run the line that assembles the heads and install them on the blocks! Amazing...but not the "V" engine so I will stop there. Anyway, then we drove my Black/ Black V back home to Eastern PA the next day. What a father/son bonding road trip- over 1200 miles to break it in. It was funny, instead of "Dad, are we there yet?", it was more like "Dad- you tired yet??". Yes, I actually let him drive it. He has a 2000 5 speed manual (yup!) Lincoln LS, so he can handle the clutch really well. Love the Black/ Black, and you guys may remember me from a proir thread as the owner of the car wash- so no problem keeping her clean!!!:coolgleam

CTSV05
04-17-05, 01:52 AM
Congrats!!!!!

Velcome to V-Dom!!!!

Sounds like a great experience.

04-17-05, 06:25 AM
As long as you are looking for miles, drive it down to northern VA this morning and take a look at some of the mods that Lastss and others have done.....see the MD/VA/DC meet thread. You'd have to leave soon, though.....

jntn2002
04-19-05, 02:00 PM
congrats on the V!
I've got a question about ur price.. was the mid 45k, is that before or after manufactuers
rebates? if it was what was the "cash" price? Thanks for your help.
Jon
drjntn@yahoo.com

NIK
04-19-05, 03:24 PM
Well, after researching and a ton of e-mails, I finally got my V!! My work paid off- 12.8% off of MSRP for a 25 mile 2005- mid 45's, minus $2k for GM Card balance, with 0% financing for 36 months. Guess I will have to change my forum name to "GottaV". Did a little road trip combined with college visits for my son, a high school senior. Flew to Ohio, picked up the car, and toured University of Akron first. Then off to Flint, Michigan to visit Kettering University (was GM University until about 10 years ago). While we were there my Uncle who has some Detroit connections arranged for a personal tour of the Northstar V8 factory in nearby Lavonia, MI. WOW, was that an experience! Three guys (and a lot of robots) run the line that assembles the heads and install them on the blocks! Amazing...but not the "V" engine so I will stop there. Anyway, then we drove my Black/ Black V back home to Eastern PA the next day. What a father/son bonding road trip- over 1200 miles to break it in. It was funny, instead of "Dad, are we there yet?", it was more like "Dad- you tired yet??". Yes, I actually let him drive it. He has a 2000 5 speed manual (yup!) Lincoln LS, so he can handle the clutch really well. Love the Black/ Black, and you guys may remember me from a proir thread as the owner of the car wash- so no problem keeping her clean!!!:coolgleam

Where are you at in Eastern PA? I'm in the Lehigh Valley and have seen only one other "V" on the road since I picked up my '05 in June of 2004.