: New Tires vs. Wheel Hop

CTV-Old-E
04-16-05, 09:50 AM
What have you guys found out as to new tires helping fix or reduce wheel hop? Which tires help the most but still work well all around. Have heard Toyo and Goodyear GSD3's. What about also Michilen, etc.

Looking to replace soon.

SBONES
04-16-05, 10:11 AM
I just got the gsd3's and i think i love them. I cant talk upon the hop because i dont burn out. but all in all they are night and day over the run craps. very smooth and very quit..:thumbsup:

CTV-Old-E
04-16-05, 06:11 PM
Any suggestions?

urbanski
04-16-05, 06:32 PM
1. i do not recall anybody here going with PS2s yet.
2. Toyo T1-S proxes are supposed to help, but few have them.
3. I recall some "yes" and some "no" as to GSD3s helping.
4. search is your friend :) just search for "tires" and all the old threads come up. You may find more info there.

thebigjimsho
04-16-05, 07:40 PM
I've reached the point of no return. If I'm going to be doing any track event soon, it's going to be on the stock rims. Which means I need to get another set of wheels soon. I want 19"s with 245/40 19 Pilot Sport 2s. Unfortunately, I've been too busy to call and emails to Foose and Lund have gone unanswered. Damn 6 lugs.

Plus I'm not in the mood for waiting 2 months for custom rims that I don't really like the looks of.

JBeechel
04-17-05, 03:15 AM
I have the Toyo's and they do help somewhat... but I dont do any serious tearing up off the line.

wildwhl
04-17-05, 12:50 PM
GSD3's are BETTER than the F1's in all regards, wheel hop included, save for the fact that they aren't EMT. Mine are going back on today :thumbsup: