: Thought I'd share some pics from my LSX build

CTSVLSX
09-27-13, 10:39 PM
Port job :)

RHS LS(X) Engine build on stand

Geforce rear with strange center section

Geforce rear in car

Engine going in car

I have many more pics but it's making me resize them all, and upload them 1 by 1, grr :)

CTSVLSX
09-27-13, 10:43 PM
What it looks like now..

About to put in an RPS clutch, the LS9 one I had in there was giving me trouble, I wonder if this will fix my clutch issues..

philistine
09-27-13, 11:17 PM
Load them in photobucket if the photos are giving you trouble. I like the pics but I gotta ask, what trouble were you having with the LS9 clutch?

CTSVLSX
09-28-13, 04:11 PM
Clutch pedal sticking to the floor at high rpm. Lots of people have same problem with this clutch. So if the new one works ill have a ls9 flywheel and clutch assembly for sale cheap, lol.
I guess I could use photobucket, I'm not really one of those people who puts a lot of pictures online but it's nice to share what we have done so others can see so I may put more! :)

philistine
09-28-13, 05:42 PM
S*it, I'm installing the Katech LS9x clutch - hope I don't have that issue.

PISNUOFF
09-28-13, 06:22 PM
6 bolt heads FTW. Drop the LS9 clutch and upgrade. The pressure plates are not up to the task of power + the weight of a V.

philistine
09-28-13, 07:07 PM
What made you replace the LS2? Did you get anything custom with that LSX?

FuzzyLogic
09-28-13, 07:24 PM
What made you replace the LS2? Did you get anything custom with that LSX?

I'm pretty sure he bought every possible upgrade with that engine build, seeing as he purchased a RHS block. Those things are typically reserved for the most insane builds.

http://cdn.speednik.com/files/2013/03/IMG_5657.jpg

CTSVLSX
09-28-13, 09:47 PM
It's full LSX 430 CID engine build capable of 1100ish HP
N/A it's around 650 or so, I can add a 300 shot of NO2, or change some stuff for FI but it's super fun just NA.. Going to put at least 150 shot on it though for now, years down the road I might bump it to 300+. Just wanted it to be bulletproof engine so I could do whatever later.
Wasn't expecting 12 MPG driving normally around town lol...

FuzzyLogic
09-28-13, 09:48 PM
What are you getting for mileage? Or did you mean you were getting 12 MPG?

carlson_mn
09-28-13, 10:32 PM
12 sounds pretty good for around town and 650hp.... I don't think the LS6 or LS2 get much better than in the city.

lollygagger8
09-30-13, 03:44 PM
How much coin did that sexblock cost? How much are you putting down at wheels?

CTSVLSX
10-01-13, 02:42 PM
LOL yeah 12 miles per gallon, or less around town, about 18 on highway. I might change the gear to something lower..
all the parts for the engine were less than 10k. Machining of said parts cost more than the parts themselves.../shrug
Little under 600 hp at the wheels N/A, the 9" eats a good chunk of it. With nitrous on should be closer to 900.

philistine
10-01-13, 09:40 PM
Did you do anything to the transmission?

CTSVLSX
10-05-13, 03:10 AM
Yeah I did I sent it to liberty to get redone and I think something is misaligned in there so i'll probably have to send it out again , too bad they don't give a warranty on it, prob send it to rpm to check it out if it gets worse.
RPS clutch is in , definitely a difference, pedal drops about an inch on high rpm but that's it , real smooth shift , engagement point near top of pedal.
Have to break it in to see ...
Also dynomated the entire underside of the car inside the area where the trans/exhaust is and boy what a difference! I'd suggest doing this if you ever take the trans out.
Next step is revshift bushings everywhere and suspension tuning for the track..

philistine
10-05-13, 05:02 AM
Also dynomated the entire underside of the car inside the area where the trans/exhaust is and boy what a difference! I'd suggest doing this if you ever take the trans out.

My car is still in pieces but I did this:
http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v/1673108-transmission-area-wrapped-w-rattletrap-80mil-pics-2.html

Can you give some impressions before/after regarding the dynomat in the trans area?

CTSVLSX
10-06-13, 02:40 PM
Ahah wow you did a lot more :) I just put the heat shield/sound mat in the entire tunnel from the front to the back up to the gas tank shield and then half way to the side of the car.

The difference? The center console used to rattle bad with sound waves resonating from the exhaust I assume (the lid for the console is all plastic behind it used to rattle like mad and any change in there
or anything inside the console). Now it doesn't rattle any more.

Not much of a sound difference going down the highway cruising 65 mph but definitely sounds 'cleaner' when you hit the pedal. I'll upload some videos later or post a link to it of some flybys in and out of the car :>

I used dynamat extreme which is good up to 300 degrees which really should never get that hot in there. My trans temp stays under 200 and I'm in Florida, although the exhaust is quite close to the body so we will see with time.

The kooks headers put out tonss of heat , melted the rubber on my starter wire and it's an inch or so away from it. Really have to extreme heat shield everything under there and around the headers as I'm finding out.

This new clutch is WAY better, but i'm still losing 1-2" of clutch pedal at high rpm, nothing like going to the floor though.

Next time I'm under there i'm heat shielding EVERYTHING. Every wire, every bare piece of metal anywhere near the engine/trans.
Waiting for Fuzzy to post a list of all the suspension mods (in one place witha list of parts) so I can do those all at once and see the difference.

FuzzyLogic
10-06-13, 03:10 PM
Waiting for Fuzzy to post a list of all the suspension mods (in one place witha list of parts) so I can do those all at once and see the difference.

That's going to take a while, seeing as I keep improving things. The last two mods are unsprung weight reduction through two-piece rotors and (possibly) Sigma II aluminum front spindles. If you're running stock suspension and stock bushings, you're driving a totally different car than I am--I suspect that you could make 750 RWHP and I'd still beat you on the track.

CTSVLSX
10-07-13, 11:41 AM
Not stock, KW3 shocks/springs, hotchiks sways, bmr toe rods, bmr trailing arms (spherical bushing), lots of poly bushings but not everything yet, got pretty light rotors also but not 2 piece.
Had to put in wheel spacers for the BMR to get clearance and fender rolling can fit about 295 tire on there maybe a little more.
245 on the front and it still has issues rubbing on the plastic , need bigger wheel wells!
I'm curious what all your mods, and adjustments are on the kw3's. I want to road race it and while it does pretty well now, there's always room for improvement.
If you get the time maybe make a running thread and keep editing it with your mods, I might do that too with links to where I got everything as a reference for others.

alradco
10-07-13, 02:51 PM
That's a hell of a ride you're building there. Very nice.

philistine
10-12-13, 03:10 AM
What did you do for the fueling? I'm sure you had to upgrade for the NA 600 HP where you're at right now but what about when you add more power? How are you feeding it?

PISNUOFF
10-12-13, 08:51 AM
You'd be surprised what the stock fuel system can support with just larger injectors. You have to scale the tune (HpTuners doesn't make an upgraded operating system for our VCM) because you end up outside of a few stock limits but mine feeds a 427 at 12.0 AFR just fine.

FuzzyLogic
10-12-13, 09:12 AM
You'd be surprised what the stock fuel system can support with just larger injectors. You have to scale the tune (HpTuners doesn't make an upgraded operating system for our VCM) because you end up outside of a few stock limits but mine feeds a 427 at 12.0 AFR just fine.

NA engines are easier to supply than FI because of their lower BSFC and gentler transient characteristics.

PISNUOFF
10-13-13, 03:46 AM
No shit. We were talking about N/A. Let us know when YOU actually do it instead of googling information.

philistine
10-13-13, 05:19 AM

I haven't gotten familiar with HP Tuners yet. Is the stock fuel system controlled using a pulse-width modulation (PWM)? I think I heard that you can bump up the voltage on the fuel pumps using HP Tuners via PWM. Anyways, I was just curious what the big NA builds have done to the fueling system.

CTSVLSX
10-13-13, 07:08 PM
Stock LS7 injectors (42lb/hr), LS7 fuel rails, lS7 fuel lines, stock fuel pump. Good for 750HP crank. If you do the math (fuel system psi, lb/hr and duty cycle), as long as the flow rate is there, you can see how much an injector will support.
Kept as much 'stock' or rather GMPP as I could for reliability. Only the machine work, block, and internals of the engine are not 'stock'. Even the heads are GMPP LSX, LS7 intake (ported).
Build the engine for no2 so it could have been 700 HP crank but it's more like 600ish(maybe 650?) because of all the forged internals and the cam custom ground for no2 setup.

Obviously when I put the no2 on there it will require its own fuel injector(s) and lines. That's a project for next year..