: Quick Mods

lasstss
04-15-05, 09:15 PM
I did the throttle valve coolant by pass tonight. No more heated valve.

Also added the PCV catch can. Keeps the oil vapor out of the intake manifold and throttle valve.

StealthV
04-15-05, 09:36 PM
On the Urbanski scale, how easy was the catch can install? Were the installation instructions helpful or did you have to use your knowledge to figure some things out? :hmm:

The catch can looks nice and I love the covers on the TB! :thumbsup:

homer403
04-15-05, 10:25 PM
lasstss, how much? and where did you get it? Looks really good.

lasstss
04-15-05, 10:31 PM
On the Urbanski scale, how easy was the catch can install? Were the installation instructions helpful or did you have to use your knowledge to figure some things out? :hmm:

The catch can looks nice and I love the covers on the TB! :thumbsup:

Well, everything has a story. The can hooks up fine the instructions are brain dead as ther are only 2 connections to make. The issue is...its made for a vette . To get it on our motor, the bracket has to be wider and you have to push the electrical wires behind the bracket. That is easily done. I just have to send the guy a sketch. Is a simple mod to the existing bracket

http://www.accmachtech.com/pcvcatchcans.htm

CTSV05
04-16-05, 09:21 AM
So how will you test the effects of these mods?

Mostly I would guess, the bypasss hose will see the only performance improvemnet, correct?

Texan V
04-16-05, 10:45 AM
I've read that the throttle body by-pass is only good for something like 1hp. At least it's a cheap mod...

lasstss
04-16-05, 11:26 AM
I've read that the throttle body by-pass is only good for something like 1hp. At least it's a cheap mod...

Its small, anything you can do to keep the air charge cool is a plus. As for the catch can, keeping the blade of the throttle valve clean of oil and carbon and keeping garbage out of a dry intake can only be a plus. If you do the TV make sure you cap the openings from the removed tubing.

wildwhl
04-18-05, 01:46 AM
lasstss-

Did you modify the bracket? Shim it?