: Does is sound like a scam?

330xidrive
04-15-05, 05:49 PM
Guys,
I posted in the classified section to sell my V, and there was an email which sent to me as below. I think It sounds like a scam to me. I'm sorry if this is a serious buyer. What do you think?:hmm:
********************:coolgleam :bonkers:
Hello Dear Seller,

I am Mr Wills Milo by name,Interested in your above mentioned car for
sale.Kindly mail me back with the asking price,The current
condition,The pics if available and the mode of payment will be through Certified
Cheque.Kindly get back to me asap...

Cheers!!!

Mr Wills Milo..........

StealthV
04-15-05, 06:03 PM
Run away and :hide:

330xidrive
04-15-05, 06:13 PM
Why this fukker waste his life to scam people?:mad: :gun2: :gun:

Rickerbucks
04-15-05, 06:19 PM
I don't wish to be naive (spell) and this is a unique eail, but what suggests it is a scam?

Whats the problem with replying to him?

malcolm
04-15-05, 06:21 PM
You would more than likely receive a check in an amount greater than the purchase price asking you refund the difference and will never see him again. If possible check out his email header to see where it came from, my guess is somewhere outside the US.

330xidrive
04-15-05, 06:27 PM
You would more than likely receive a check in an amount greater than the purchase price asking you refund the difference and will never see him again. If possible check out his email header to see where it came from, my guess is somewhere outside the US.

Yes, I expect for next email as you said :rolleyes2 . :)

330xidrive
04-15-05, 06:29 PM
I don't wish to be naive (spell) and this is a unique eail, but what suggests it is a scam?

Whats the problem with replying to him?

I did reply to him. I just want to give our forum member a heads-up.

StealthV
04-15-05, 06:38 PM
99% of people who can afford a V know how to use proper sentence structure.

String him along, get as many details about this individual as you can and turn them in to the authorities for a good precision-guided, thermonuclear strike.

CVP33
04-15-05, 06:47 PM
:lies: Not alls of us gots da smarts like you does stealth.

heavymetals
04-15-05, 06:57 PM
Here is a link:

http://www.ultralightnews.com/classifieds/internetscams.htm

Read all about it.

JBeechel
04-15-05, 07:03 PM
Also realize that banks now put holds on their Cashiers checks because of the amount of fraud that has been occurring. I regularly deal with banks for sizable transactions and as my attorney and banker say, the only thing that means the money is there is a wire transfer.

StealthV
04-15-05, 07:05 PM
:lies: Not alls of us gots da smarts like you does stealth.

Gots Me's to0 degris frum teh younevirseti.

markbinkc
04-15-05, 07:37 PM
Certified checks are easy to wash. This is a big scam from the Middle East. I've got a motorcycle for sale right now, and I get about 5 of these a day.

Mark

turbojimmy
04-15-05, 08:06 PM
I get the same scumbags e-mail me every time I sell a car. Just ignore them. Only sell to people who will show up in person to see the car.

Jim

ryn8a
04-15-05, 09:05 PM
If you ever receive a cashiers check, always find the bank contact number from a reputable source like 411 and call them. They will be happy to let you know if the funds are good or if it's a fraud.

330xidrive
04-15-05, 09:54 PM
Thanks for alot of info. :thumbsup:

I think he's one of our forum member. Can we trace him? just for a fun of it:D