: tire opinions

PLATINUM-V
04-15-05, 08:34 AM
I need tires today and am teetering which way to go runflats or non-runflat. What does everyone think about the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A runflats as far as treadwear 140 AA. From what I've been reading that could vary from company to company. I am also thinking about Dunlop SP SPORT 9000 non-runflats they have 280 treadwear any words about these.

Dave's V
04-15-05, 11:39 AM
Run flats generally will not wear well and noise is always a concern. Search and you will find numerous "regular" tires out there that will barely affect dry weather peformance but are quieter and last 2x as long as the F1 EMT.

I would definitely have runflats if I drove at real high speed all of the times. I may go with a good set of all season tires, like the Avons or Michelins. I live in Utah were we can still get a good amount of snow from Oct - May.

PLATINUM-V
04-15-05, 12:34 PM
I live in Michigan so I'll be buying some Dunlop Winter Sport M3's in a couple of months. I don't want to pay the run flat price and winter tires too. So I'm leaning towards the non-runflats. Looked at the GY GS's but I'm reading the turn in is weaker then the Dunlop 9000 that why I was asking if anybody has the Dunlop 9000 and their opinions.