: Ignition coil broke down

A1892Fitch
04-15-05, 01:48 AM
Hi, I m driving a catera 1997, My ignition coil broke down which the part is costing alot of money, My dealer wants 500$ for a brand new one. I ve also found online for 215.79$ i was wondering does any of you guys know if their is any cheaper one also if its used it doesnt metter to me i need it as soon as possible, If anyone can help me out and let me know please tell me, you guys can e mail me at A1892Fitch85@yahoo.com THANKS ALOT!

Vesicant
04-15-05, 02:15 AM
Yeah- so far 215/14 is about as cheap as they come on the internet. Start keeping an eye on ebay as well (there arent any specifically for your model year on there at the moment- i checked earlier).

Find a junkyard with a wrecked Catera and steal the coil off of that.

Maybe someone on the boards here has a coilpack they'll sell you.

As of now, thats all I could find/think of. Sorry.

1rubyd
04-21-05, 01:54 PM
Have you tried NAPA??? I have found many parts there that I thought I would be forced to go back to the dealer to purchase. Also, if you have AAA, they give you a discount.

mrman88
04-21-05, 09:02 PM
The coil pack is only available through the dealership unless you find it online elsewhere believe me I have checked. Just had one replaced for $350 through my local dealer along with plug wire for the right cylinder bank $200.

figgie
05-31-05, 09:39 PM
The coil pack is only available through the dealership unless you find it online elsewhere believe me I have checked. Just had one replaced for $350 through my local dealer along with plug wire for the right cylinder bank $200.

200 dollars for ignition wires?? bunch of damn crooks. I built my own set for less than 75 bux. :mad: