: Wheel Powder Coating

baw
04-14-05, 11:44 PM
New user here - a car enthusiast and custom powder coater (Midwest Performance Coatings) for other car enthusiasts. Not sure if there is another portion of this site where this type of data should be posted, if there is, my apologies.

Anyway, I saw another post on this site about wheel chroming at a cost of about $125 per wheel. If considering chroming, I would investigate your powder coating options to see if this might fit your needs. It's definitely more durable and economical which leaves more $$ to buy new tires and there are some great finish/color options that would really set your V apart from others. In case you're interested, my out the door price for 4 powder coated wheels would range from $275-$350, depending on color option, plus shipping.

Top of my list would be an Anthracite Metallic with a clear coat which would look great against a silver, red or black V. Or maybe a Mirror Silver, Candy Apple Red or Black Chrome (did this on a harley frame and it looked great)...or, you could always do them in Safety Orange to make sure bystanders are given fair warning that they may be hit by flying debris when you leave the line...

If anyone's interested in learning more about powder coating (process/color options/etc), whether you plan to go through me or not, let me know (mpc_llc@yahoo.com), and I will try to help you out.

Safe Motoring...BAW

Black Cadi
04-15-05, 11:12 AM
Can send me some more info. Definately something that I'm intersted in. E-mail me greathens@yahoo.com

Silver00Spike
04-16-05, 12:29 AM
where are you located?

baw
04-16-05, 12:35 AM
where are you located?

We're located in Bluffs, Illinois - about 50 miles west of Springfield, if that helps any. The zip code is 62621 if you would want to check freight expense. Anything specific you're interested in?