: Who the hell is redirecting all the threads?

Sandyfoot-V
04-14-05, 09:07 PM
I couldn’t help noticing all of the relevant threads that were “moved” by the UberDirektor. :cop: Ease up big fella… it’s all interesting! Wit and wisdom abound, so let it flow unobstructed.

blown65
04-14-05, 09:10 PM
lol, ya its a tad confusing now.

CTSV05
04-14-05, 09:13 PM
Good God Man!!!!

We liked having all our threads in one area!!!

Geez, whats the big deal?????

DILLIGAF
04-14-05, 09:26 PM
I bet this thread gets redirected.Any takers?

slk230mb
04-14-05, 09:27 PM
Tech stuff goes in the technical forum. Non-tech stuff in the sub forum. Take it easy on Reed, he is doing an awesome job taking care of you V guys in here.

lasstss
04-14-05, 09:49 PM
I dont think its Reed. :helpless:

ctsvett
04-14-05, 09:55 PM
You guys gotta understand that the place we are now is the BEST compromise I could make between taking all the threads that are in the "non-tech" area and just shoving them in the General Cadillac Lounge. That's really where they belong.

Sal and the other mods were willing to agree to let us have a NON tech section "of our own" (which has been annoying to other mods btw).

However, Now that we have that, people need to learn what goes where...

There is a Sicky at the top that explains this. (I will update it momentarily).

Bottom line is that there is alot of stuff that "some" people dont like to read and is not related to a modificaiton, engine, tranny, differential, onstar, etc.
That stuff usually consists of track events, complaints, "hey I got a v", "hey i wanna get a v," "Can I get a picture of...," Z8 commentary, etc.

I personally think that a lot of that conversation IS v relevant and does not belong in the lounge area. So we have a non tech section so people can post those type of threads there.. For now, people have not yet learned, THATS OK. It will take some time for people to learn. In the meantime, I will move threads to where they "belong."

We make mistakes, We are not perfect, and we do miss some things. I am happy to admit when I am wrong and make any corrections you want. If you feel something was moved incorrectly, shoot me an e-mail and I will move it back.

The threads should not all be in a single forum. Its just too crowded. We had to adjust and organize.

Myself and the other mods are happy to answer any questions or issues you have with this.

Reed

Playdrv4me
04-14-05, 09:59 PM
Tech stuff goes in the technical forum. Non-tech stuff in the sub forum. Take it easy on Reed, he is doing an awesome job taking care of you V guys in here.

:werd:

ctsvett
04-14-05, 10:04 PM
It was me... Geno pointed out that I was being lax and missed some stuff (which I did/was)... I am going to be consistent now.

The irony, I even moved a thread that I STARTED.. I posted it in the wrong area... Hows that for messed up?

When a thread gets jacked into "where are you from? 'cause I'm from CA" and THATS all thats posted in the thread, it gets moved....

Do you want it to show up as a unread message when someone replies "I'm from Las Vegas, CA sure is nice!"
????

Reed

StealthV
04-14-05, 10:09 PM
Since I (and many others here) only visit the CTS-V section, please put our forum back the way it was and stop moving threads.

Sandyfoot-V
04-14-05, 10:13 PM
Since I (and many others here) only visit the CTS-V section, perhaps we just need a new .com V-only board (I've got two servers paid for with unlimited bandwidth and storage space).

This V section will soon be a morgue if we so choose.

Please put our forum back the way it was and stop moving threads.

Amen, brother Rick...

ctsvett
04-14-05, 10:17 PM
Just out of curiosity, do you really think it would be better that way?

Do you want to sort through 5-10 posts per page that you dont care about?

Just asking... Not saying I agree or dont...

One page would mean I move WAY less threads, but people were getting pissed off last time when NON relevant threads were moved...

Reed

Rickerbucks
04-14-05, 10:19 PM
Lets just give it some time for everyone to get use.

Myself, I'm fine with having the two boards. If it doesn't "work" then we can change again.

let us not forget that the issue was that the "CTS-V" board was getting filled with an extreme diverse range of topics and this solution was a compromise so those like Stealth V, myself and prolly most of you guys, just had to come to this board. Basically, a board within a board.

Lets all remain open minded and charitable to those who take the time to moderate the boards.

lasstss
04-14-05, 10:24 PM
Just out of curiosity, do you really think it would be better that way?

Do you want to sort through 5-10 posts per page that you dont care about?

Just asking... Not saying I agree or dont...

One page would mean I move WAY less threads, but people were getting pissed off last time when NON relevant threads were moved...

Reed

Reed, people just look at what they want . I think by atrittion the dead items filter to the bottom. I understand the logic, just dont think people want to fish for threads they are interested in. Better just to monitor profanity, threads out of control etc. JMO

This forum is the 'one' for the V. Lets keep it going. :hide: :D

ctsvett
04-14-05, 10:30 PM
I think this is the best forum really.. The intention was to make it better... We CAN change....

I will leave it up to sal.

Reed

ctsvett
04-14-05, 10:39 PM
Sal said its what we all decide:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37451

Vote.. democracy in action...

Reed

Florian
04-14-05, 10:53 PM
Get out and VOTE!!!!!!!! I just got my "I voted today" sticker!

Florian

BeelzeBob
04-14-05, 10:57 PM
Jesus, guys. We're banging our heads here trying to make this place great for you and how many times do we have to see "start another .com"? If you want all your messages jumbled up into one forum, fine. We'll do that. We thought we were doing something good by moving the less relevant stuff out of your way. If you want all the "What's in your CD player right now?" posts mixed with important technical information, so be it. This isn't a dictatorship. We want what's best for you. Just let us know nicely instead of coming across so nasty.

StealthV
04-14-05, 11:10 PM
Did we vote to change it to the current method?

I said please. :p

BeelzeBob
04-14-05, 11:18 PM
I don't know what the process was before switching to the new method but no "one" person made the decision. It was discussed quite a bit before the change was made. This isn't a situation where you have one guy who owns the place making changes to suit his own wishes.

StealthV
04-14-05, 11:37 PM
IMO, the only threads that should ever be moved out of "the" CTS-V section are threads like...

"What oil filter should I use on my Deville?"

"Where can I buy aftermarket wheels for my STS?"

Threads such as...

"What's in your CD player right now?" is of interest to me if it is coming from a fellow CTS-V owner and shouldn't be moved.

Verstehen Sie? :cheers:

CTSV05
04-14-05, 11:38 PM
Well, as for me, its no big deal, either way.

BUT.....I do hope/vote that it will not continue to change.

I Do Not Visit The Other Areas. I, at the risk of sounding, as one fella put it, full of myself, am interested in the V, our V. I don't mind topics concerning general discussions as long as they have some relationship to our V, or V owners.

I can live with this deal, or go back to the original configuration, I find the new thing a bit annoying, but nothing I can't live with.

My $.14

BeelzeBob
04-14-05, 11:44 PM
Ja. Ich verstehe. We want what you want. Let's see how the vote turns out.

akm2k5
04-14-05, 11:46 PM
so... where is everybody from?

akm2k5
04-14-05, 11:46 PM
j/k. I too agree I would like to know what kind of music V drivers listen to and etc..

blown65
04-14-05, 11:56 PM
Anything coming from a fellow V owner or soon to be V owner belongs in the V forum IMO. Personally, I dont care either way, if its tech/offtopic so be it. I personally liked the single one.

Highly political type forums (how they are run) get very tiresome and old. I dont mind rules but cmon, I come here to be layed back and chit chat some with fellow V owners whether it be a general subject or not. This sort of thing really makes it no fun. :(

Vrocks
04-15-05, 12:06 AM
We ( Cadillac & CTS-V owners / forum members ) suggested that multiple new CTS-V sub forums be created to help orgainze new and old topics. The board had so many new threads that topics one or two days old were pushed off the 1st page. They (Sal and mods) did this to help us, not to make things difficult... :confused:

Check out www.corvetteforum.com - it works very well over there.

akm2k5
04-15-05, 12:09 AM
I agree. One thing I would say about having sub forums is that it may also help tone down reposts.. People can just go to that specific section and find their information before asking a repetative question. The V forum isnt as huge as some of the other forums and should be easier to manage.. Just and idea..

BUILDINGCTSAMG
04-15-05, 01:05 AM
Just to clear it up now reed has been doing most the work on the v section. I understand u guys want to be treated special so Reed is really working his ass off to make this a cool place for you to hang out.

Just chill, this site use to be small enough where all we needed was the lounge and we could just chill, look at how many members we have now, things need to change as they get bigger.

Really we all work to make things easier quicker and smarter, none of us get paid (including sal), none of us get anything for it and we take some pride in the work (its even on my resume, although its the last item in the hobbies section :) )

We will take care of you guys, we always do and we always will. There is a way to complain to get us to pay attention, and a way to threaten which makes some of us just want to eliminate the v area, lets try to focus on constructive criticism shall we ladies and gentleman.

akm2k5
04-15-05, 02:06 AM
Maybe a feedback for them to post comments, complains, etc? (maybe thats asking too much :) ) GOod luck!

trukk
04-15-05, 07:44 AM
Since I (and many others here) only visit the CTS-V section, please put our forum back the way it was and stop moving threads.

WRONG WRONG WRONG.

Our forum is the busiest on this site. by moving the non tech related stuff to another sub forum, it keeps the 'interesting' tech related stuff actually visible. If we keep it one BIG forum, then your 'new StealthV widget inovation' post gets buried within half an hour by the myriad of posts like these:

"What deals are to be had"
"Should I buy?"
"I smoked an accord V6"
"My shirt finally came!"
"What tires should I buy"
"Do SRX 17 inch rims fit our car?"

Etc...

It's a pain to read two forums, but it makes the technical stuff (which I'm most interested in) not zoom off the first page so fast.

my $.02

-Chris

BeelzeBob
04-15-05, 09:17 AM
Maybe a feedback for them to post comments, complains, etc? (maybe thats asking too much :) ) GOod luck!

There's a "Contact us" link in the footer of the page. The pre-selected option is to leave "feedback".

It's a real shame that I have to feel like I'm on the bad side of an "us vs them" sort of deal.

trukk
04-15-05, 09:23 AM
We ( Cadillac & CTS-V owners / forum members ) suggested that multiple new CTS-V sub forums be created to help orgainze new and old topics. The board had so many new threads that topics one or two days old were pushed off the 1st page. They (Sal and mods) did this to help us, not to make things difficult... :confused:

Check out www.corvetteforum.com - it works very well over there.

:yeah:

same with zo6vette.com

Don't fear change. It's actually progress :)

-Chris

riverrat
04-15-05, 11:06 AM
Z06vette.com is a big busy site about one model car and it has several forums about the Z and works well. I vist the Grandstand for general Z info, Pit Road for mods, Miscellaneous for BS and many others. I don't think two forums for V owners is a problem it keep new posts from being pushed off the first page by the repetitive posts that all forums have from newbe's that don't use the search features and post whores that have to post a reply to evey thread. :bonkers:

trukk
04-15-05, 11:20 AM
LOL. Ima Post Whore.

trukk
04-15-05, 11:23 AM
LOL. Ima Post Whore.

D148L0
04-15-05, 11:40 AM
It still is in your own forum. You were notified of the changes with anticipation. You people practically got what you wanted.
And still you complain because you are too lazy to check 2 sections instead of one?
Pathetic. F'n unbelievable.

DJR
04-15-05, 11:50 AM
Just thought i'd add my $.02 in. I have never posted on this site, I'm pretty much a lurker. I would rather it be kept 2 separate forums, TECH related, and non-TECH related. It makes it much easier for someone (like myself) trying get Technical Information, without having to sort through all non-technical posts.

Also, I just wanted to thank everyone who has built this site and maintained it. It has been a very resourceful place for me to gather information on the V.

-DJR