: Zaino Z8 review and comment.

Florian
04-14-05, 08:33 PM
Fellas (and ladies, Feline)

As promised I finally got around to washing/waxing/detailing my car this evening and had time to try out the new Z8 from Zaino. First, a wee bit of background. Im a longtime Zaino user (1998 was first intro) and I have been extremely happy with the whole Zaino line, so you have to forgive my somewhat biased account to follow....
Anyways, got the V washed and waxed and was ready for the Z8. As only a light mist is required, I hit the hood with the first mist....first thing you notice is a nice fragrance...sweet. The next thing youll notice is that the Z8 is somewhat 'sticky' not like the Z6 which is an easy application, the Z8 takes some elbow grease to get it on. I really feels like it is adhering to the paint and wax, and is 'tacky' to the cloth youre using. I figured out quickly that you need 2 detailers cloths, the first to apply and the second to rub off. Once the system was figured out it took no more time than the Z6 to put on and gave a similar sheen to the paint. I think the 6 is a bit deeper and maybe a bit slicker (especially when applying), but that is what it is for...the show car on display.
I was impressed with the product and feel that it is more of a sealer/protectant that the Z6 is, which is more of a gloss to the wax job. Id give the Z8 a solid 8 on the 1-10 scale the only drawback being the effort required. :thumbsup:

Florian

ndogg ct
04-14-05, 08:40 PM
not knocking zaino ,but have had great results and less hassle with the p21s wax system,but you can't go wrong with either..

V-Max
04-14-05, 09:22 PM
I just Z'ed the V(black) this week. Got to love the 28% humidity for springtime. I layered z1, z5, z5, and z2. No need for the accelerater in the dry weather and sunlight.

It is nice having painted moldings around the windows as I don't have to tape them off. I use a buffer to apply a thin layer and a cotton towel to remove, rotating frequently. The thin layer applied with the buffer leaves an even, but thin layer of product that does not chalk and flake up going everywhere.

Norm

riverrat
04-14-05, 11:20 PM
I'm going to try Adam's Polishes next. Lots of guys and gals on the Z06 forum are real happy with Adam's poly/wax products. And like every forum it used to be Zaino Zaino Zaino all the time this seems to be a big change following the shift for NXT that lasted for a few months. Just something else to try :rolleyes:

MikeF
04-15-05, 12:07 AM
I use Turtle Wax on everything. Can't tell the difference and it does last a long time. Anyway my V is black - dirty 10 minutes out of the garage on a calm day. I hate black - but I can't resist it. Addicted.