: Battery No Charge light on/ Alternator?

Twilightcall
10-15-03, 09:15 PM
Hi, I just brought home my new Cadillac Seville 94'. The no charge battery light is on. I am thinking my alternator needs to be changed but I wanted to ask just to make sure it isn't anything else. The voltage at the battery when running is 11.99V so this would make me think it is bad but I have seen other cars where the alt. is ok but there is another component that completes the circuit.
I found an alt. at Auto Zone for $100. Is this a good price or should I look for a used one or is there a better place to get a reman.? Thanks.

zonie77
10-15-03, 10:54 PM
Autozone will do a diagnostic of your charging system for free, let them do it. It sounds like the alternator though.

Twilightcall
10-16-03, 08:19 PM
Got it changed. Just for some info. Remove the pass. rad fan. and the top engine stabilizer bar. I was able to access everything this way. Plus there is an access panel at the bottom underneath the car to get the alternator out. It was $99 at the Zone.

trumaine02
06-19-06, 10:01 AM
"I have a 1995 Cadillac Sedan and I am getting a message on the dash that says "Battery No Charge". My car cranks but my steering wheel is locked. What could be the problem?"

zhida
06-20-06, 02:21 PM
check you belt and you belt pulley

Smoker
05-19-09, 09:34 PM
Thank you very much. The No Charge light came on in my 1988 just as I pulled in the driveway. I lost power steering. Sure enough a pulley belt is busted.