: srx rear on a V?

c5racr1
04-14-05, 04:29 PM
I might be on to something. the SRX is built on the same plaatform as our v's I found a wrecked SRX in a local caddy yard and ALL THE MOUNTING POINTS ARE THE SAME!! I am going to go on gm's website to see if it is offered in a 3.73 ratio. visably the diff looks much beafer, espically around the center yoke section. the cooling fins on the bottom are also thicker. the entire unit looks heaver. I am going to road atlanta this weekend but when i get back I will pull it apart and see. also one of the front fog lights survived the crash so finally we will have an answer to that question!!

BowenCT
04-14-05, 05:20 PM
As far as I know, but I may be wrong, the rear on the SRX is identicle to the rears on the CTS/CTS-V. However the ratio used, I have no idea.

c5racr1
04-14-05, 05:26 PM
they don't look the same, apparence wise, and the srx it a tow rated vehicle so......lets hope for a "GM' parts interchange fix!

StealthV
04-14-05, 05:42 PM
The SRX has a 3.23:1 final drive which wouldn't be all that bad of a ratio in the V. With that, the V's highway fuel economy would be in the 30+ mpg ballpark.

Swap the rear ends and tweak the PCM for the new ratio. Easy as pie.

c5racr1
04-14-05, 06:01 PM
Stealthv--I am more interested in durability, bout to be road racing season! BTW i sent ya a pm on the katech shifter. I have a deal for ya could you e-mail me direct at C5racr1@aol.com.

Dave's V
04-15-05, 02:23 AM
What would 3.23s do to performance? .2 on 0-60 or qtr might be worth it.