: Affordable High flow cat options

Trunks817
09-25-13, 05:49 PM
Hello All,

I was going to buy the trubendz but when I contacted them they said they no longer produce the item and will not custom make it. Are the random tech ones worth 850 bucks or should I just contact my local exhaust shop and have them weld one in?

Thanks!

FuzzyLogic
09-25-13, 06:00 PM
http://marylandspeed.com/kooks-connection-pipes-w-cats-connects-to-factory-20042007-cadillac-ctsv-6760-fc-p-2102.html

WesH8398
09-25-13, 07:48 PM
http://marylandspeed.com/kooks-connection-pipes-w-cats-connects-to-factory-20042007-cadillac-ctsv-6760-fc-p-2102.html

Wow...those are expensive. Weren't Mandrel Exhaust's around $300? I had them bookmarked for future purchase and see that they've stopped producing them as well. OP, you might be interested in this... I emailed them and asked if they had any "left-overs" hanging around the shop. Unfortunately they do not, but the rep did tell me that they MIGHT do further production runs on them on an as-needed basis. Meaning, if they get enough orders/interest to make it worthwhile, they'll make more of 'em. So... keep checking in!

sgtdestruction
09-26-13, 11:02 PM
I purchased the TrueBendz Magnaflow high flows earlier this year. So far, happy with them and they sound great with my MagnaFlow mufflers with X pipe. However, I had to get the trear O2's turned off. Nothing I have modified/changed has made any difference in getting the O2's to read any different.

http://youtu.be/0zZbJYy3HlA

So...if you find them, be warned....they may cost ya!

WesH8398
09-26-13, 11:48 PM
I purchased the TrueBendz Magnaflow high flows earlier this year. So far, happy with them and they sound great with my MagnaFlow mufflers with X pipe. However, I had to get the trear O2's turned off. Nothing I have modified/changed has made any difference in getting the O2's to read any different.

http://youtu.be/0zZbJYy3HlA

So...if you find them, be warned....they may cost ya!

Sounds great!

Too bad to hear about the O2 issues with those pipes tho. The site stated that the cats provided with those puppies would still meet emissions requirements and OBDII compliance, so I would think you'd have had a case to go back on Mandrel Exhaust for a product that didn't live up to it's description... No?

I'm running a Magnaflow truX in place of the resonator, and deleted mufflers and love the sound.... TruBendz were my next step which I figured would then be followed by some mufflers to tame it down a bit.

Trunks817
09-27-13, 01:02 PM
Sounds great!

Too bad to hear about the O2 issues with those pipes tho. The site stated that the cats provided with those puppies would still meet emissions requirements and OBDII compliance, so I would think you'd have had a case to go back on Mandrel Exhaust for a product that didn't live up to it's description... No?

I'm running a Magnaflow truX in place of the resonator, and deleted mufflers and love the sound.... TruBendz were my next step which I figured would then be followed by some mufflers to tame it down a bit.

I wouldn't have minded the o2 issues as I was going to get a tune anyway but it's a damn shame they stopped. I am kicking myself hard for not picking them up when I was going to. I didn't think they would discontinue making them though.
I will probably try to contact an exhaust shop to see how much they would charge as I don't want to get headers. I am actually happy with the horsepower of the car in stock form, I just wanted it to be a bit louder even after doing the muffler delete mod. With a K&N intake, High flow cats, muffler delete, Monster stage 2 clutch and flywheel and a tune I was pretty much going to be done with the car and enjoy it.

HAMSTAR
09-27-13, 01:10 PM
Sounds great!

Everyone knows that hi flow cats flow to fast to work with rear 02 sensors. However, vendors have to say that they will work for legal reasons. Consumers going after them is just wrong and will just make them less available.

sgtdestruction
09-27-13, 05:56 PM
Everyone knows that hi flow cats flow to fast to work with rear 02 sensors. However, vendors have to say that they will work for legal reasons. Consumers going after them is just wrong and will just make them less available.

I knew going in that there was a 50/50 shot of them working with the rear O2's...no worries on my end. My OEM's were trash anyways...so I was out of pocket either way. But I agree, going after vendors unless you have a legitimate claim is BS.

2007ThunderV
09-28-13, 10:55 AM
You can buy 02 simulators to put in the rear cats to avoid getting the car tuned
That's what I did before I heavily modded my v
They are less than 20 bucks
They just screw in the 02 bungs then install your sensors into the simulators

WesH8398
09-28-13, 12:24 PM

But I agree, going after vendors unless you have a legitimate claim is BS.

I'm just saying that if the vendor assures you that their product will work with your OEM emissions setup, then you're well within your rights to complain to the vendor and seek a resolution. I know for myself, I would be clarifying whether they make that claim or not before I made the purchase.

You can buy 02 simulators to put in the rear cats to avoid getting the car tuned
That's what I did before I heavily modded my v
They are less than 20 bucks
They just screw in the 02 bungs then install your sensors into the simulators

Good to know! I'm sure eBay has lots to choose from, eh?