: 1997 Cadillac Seville STS Radio Problem...Help!

SGOODRIC50
04-13-05, 10:37 PM
I parked my 97 cadillac for about three hours. I went to get back in the car and the radio won't come on. AM or FM, and even the CD changer. I can't figure out where to even start. Does anyone have any idea what this may be? Thanks:(

AElayyat
04-13-05, 11:43 PM
First off check your fuses. Second item of business, my dad had a similar problem a while back with the radio in his 96 Eldorado and the problem was the power wire was spliced into to add an aftermarket cd changer and the butt connector was bad. I hope this gives you something to go off of, good luck.

SGOODRIC50
04-14-05, 02:50 PM
well the radio magically came back on!? Not sure what was the problem. I anticipate it happening again however. The lights on the radio display all worked fine when it happened, just no sound?

pvanbeveren
04-17-05, 02:38 PM
This happened to me just yesterday, in my 99 STS the display and all seemed to work ok but no sound. when I cranked the volume just static. When I turned the car off (but left the key in) presto, it started working. I have no idea what the problem could be other than maybe something to do with the key itself...Sorry I couldn't be more help.

PVB

AElayyat
04-22-05, 12:32 AM
I miss understood the problem, that just sounds like both of you guys are having problems with the amps.