: Monster speed bleeder leak

shwartz
09-24-13, 01:58 PM
I recently bought the Monster clutch level 1 plus the speed bleeder. The bleeder tip that you screw in and out some to bleed was not going all the way in and this caused it to leak a drop every time you press the clutch. I called Monster and they said never heard of this problem before. We finally went and bought another tip from local auto place that had a few more treads on it. This solved the problem. I called monster back with the fix. They really were a bit confused because it never happen before? Anyways it did happen and I really couldn't find any threads with this issue. If anyone has this problem not to worry. Just get a tip with a few more threads and you are good to go.

Manseeno
09-28-13, 12:51 AM
Thanks for the tip (no pun intended)!
About six months ago I had the same set up installed in my V, thankfully I didn't have that issue...

Out of curiosity, did your level 1 chatter at all? Mine did quite a bit at first and now only does it when things heat up....

shwartz
10-05-13, 07:30 AM
Yes I got a lot of chatter. I'm at about 600 miles on it and still not too happy with it. My chatter is still strong as day one. Plus I got a strong vibration at 2000-2500 rpms. Was not there before clutch install.

Manseeno
10-08-13, 01:25 AM
Yes I got a lot of chatter. I'm at about 600 miles on it and still not too happy with it. My chatter is still strong as day one. Plus I got a strong vibration at 2000-2500 rpms. Was not there before clutch install.

I'm glad you mentioned the vibration, I have that too at about 1,500 - 1,800 rpm but I thought it had to do with the fact I'm still on soft stock motor mounts with the stiff Revshift tranny mount insert.