: Maintenance Pricing & Q's

steve711
04-13-05, 05:41 PM
Im getting ready to take the V in for......oil change, Tire rotation/balence and drain & fill the rear end fluid.My q to the forum is,
#1 How much is rear fluid change?
#2 how much is tire rotation and the best rotation style for the V?.
The reason for the Qs is coz i never had to pay for these things being done.Due to dealer fault wich lead to rear replaced (warrenty) and comp of rotation.
So the first time im paying for it, I want to get the most & best for my money.
Any help is appreciated.

EDIT
Wich is the best Balenceing for the V??

homer403
04-13-05, 06:37 PM
Oil change - $69.51
Tire rotation - $30
Tranny change - $64
Diff Fluid change - $118.42

Ask your Service Manager, during sprine time, many run specials, like here in VA, Lindsay Cadillac is offering oil change and tire rotation and complete look over at $59.00

Vlightful
04-13-05, 07:40 PM
Oil Change $68, Tire Rotation $20, Rear Dif with additive $125.

steve711
04-13-05, 08:10 PM
Is the additive absoluty needed or is the grape smelling new stuff able to work alone?(what color is the grape smelling stuff?)

ctsvett
04-13-05, 08:22 PM
Oil change done at home: ~$30
Diff fluid change done at home: ~$50 (right stealthV?)
Tire rotation done at home: ~free (take it to a tire shop for balancing)

Knowing the work was done right, the right fluids were put in, no parts were left off, they didnt joy ride...

PRIECLESS..

There are some things bribes to the service manager MAY buy you at the dealership, for everything else, there is the CadillacFAQ:

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/rmaint.html

Reed

Sorry, couldn't resist....

steve711
04-13-05, 08:34 PM
Right Reed i know.
If i had the recources i would.I dont have a garage at my house and the storage where i keep my car will not allow work done on there property. (in and out only) And not to mention im not auto enclined.
So to the dealer i go.But faq is a true life saver. :Worship:

lasstss
04-13-05, 09:18 PM
Oil change done at home: ~$30

Knowing the work was done right, the right fluids were put in, no parts were left off, they didnt joy ride...

PRIECLESS..

There are some things bribes to the service manager MAY buy you at the dealership, for everything else, there is the CadillacFAQ:

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/rmaint.html

Reed

Sorry, couldn't resist....

:yeah:

Koooop
04-14-05, 06:20 PM
[QUOTE=ctsvett]Oil change done at home: ~$30

PRIECLESS..

QUOTE]

You are without conscious and are totally unaware of the rights of lot boys nationwide! :madtalkin

The joy ride is one of the perks of being a lot boy! Having been a lot boy I protest on behalf of all lot boys! I was my right to wash your car and then beat and wind whip the drips out of the cracks, how else could it be returned totally dry (and empty)?

wildwhl
04-14-05, 06:39 PM
Reed,

You nailed it on the head.

:worship: