: Please Help with my dilemma....

Joey'sVee
04-13-05, 02:25 PM
My plan was to get a 2005 black w/ black int & sunroof CTS-V at a dealership auction at an average price & miles of $37K & 4000 miles (according to the Anaheim auction averages printout). But I have been looking at dealerships that still have the 2004 model. I have a guy that will sell me a new 2004 for $41,600. The new one will still have the FULL warranty (inc Onstar and XM) and only 186 miles. :hmm:

Now here's the catches....

Auction route: this could take 3 or more months to find that 2005 car in that color at the auctions due to the limited availability. It will also have less of a warranty than the new 2004 one.

New 2004 route: this one doesn't have black int. it has the tan int which I don't think I would hate but I would really like the black or grey better. It's more $$$ which means less mods for now (maybe I could wait a few months to save up my money and I could do the same amount of mods I would just have to wait a little longer to do the mods).

:helpless:

Can you guys help me in that you know more about these cars than I do. Price is somewhat a factor but I'm really interested in knowing which car is technically the better deal overall.

Thanks a lot guys!!!:)

heavymetals
04-13-05, 02:50 PM
You won't have to pay a $1,300.00 gas guzzler tax on an 04.

lasstss
04-13-05, 02:54 PM
You won't have to pay a $1,300.00 gas guzzler tax on an 04.

Tan interior is cooler therefor worth about 10 more horsepower...:histeric:

RobzBLKV
04-13-05, 03:39 PM
The '04 comes with the old style antenna. The '05 comes with the gas guzzler tax. The opportunities for each having been abused are probably about the same. The '04 might require some recall work that the '05 will not . . . but both will probably need it.

Imo, it's a lot of money. I would get exactly what you want, not almost what you want.

CTSV05
04-13-05, 05:38 PM
I agree, get WHAT you REALLY want, you'll be making very nice payments, be happy!!!!

DILLIGAF
04-13-05, 07:43 PM
If the guy is a dealer,you could have mods put on before you pic up car and add them on to financing.Theres a really good thread in here just for this.

Joey'sVee
04-13-05, 07:49 PM
The salesman for the new car said he would let me have it for $40K...that is as low as he can go. I'm going to go look at the new car (neutral int) on Friday. :yup:

If I like the tan int as good as the black or grey I will most likely take this new car. I have never seen the neutral int but I just always thought I would like the black or grey better (I've seen these).

I just don't think I can turn down a new (186 miles) 2004 CTS-V for $40K.

Which do you think is the better deal...think of it from an investment standpoint.

Thanks for the help!;)

darvish
04-13-05, 08:32 PM
The salesman for the new car said he would let me have it for $40K...that is as low as he can go. I'm going to go look at the new car (neutral int) on Friday. :yup:

If I like the tan int as good as the black or grey I will most likely take this new car. I have never seen the neutral int but I just always thought I would like the black or grey better (I've seen these).

I just don't think I can turn down a new (186 miles) 2004 CTS-V for $40K.

Which do you think is the better deal...think of it from an investment standpoint.

Thanks for the help!;)

Neither are an investment.... I dont think these cars will ever increase in value... If i were in your shoes I would jump on the 04 for 40K in a heaetbeat.

Get it and enjoy the hell out of it.

Bill
St Louis

trukk
04-14-05, 10:57 AM
Neither are an investment....

I think if you hang onto this car for 30+ years it will be worth something. Just like the rarer early 70's muscle cars are now.

I know this isn't what you meant, and If anyone is thinking about that, they need to have their head examined. It's been said before: "Drive it like you stole it."

-Chris

Dave's V
04-14-05, 02:48 PM
Just drive what ever V you decide to get. Don't park it in a garage trying to maintain its value.

Joey'sVee
04-14-05, 05:27 PM
No I'm not buying it for investment reasons. I'm going to drive the sh*t out of it...just wondering which one was a better deal...Thanks for your help! :dance:

I'm going tomorrow to pick up the new 2004 (186) miles V with neutral int. I'm getting VERY excited! I bet I can't sleep tonight! :banana:

My mod in order will be...

1. Tint windows (this Saturday)

2. Corsa exhaust and CAGS elim. I figure in bout 2 weeks I can get the exhaust put in and let them put the CAGS elim on at the same time.

3. Linginfelder (sp) CAIK

4. Computer tune

5. Factory wheels chromed

6. Emblems (mobile 1 and GMPD)

7. Floor mats

I think that is all I'm gonna do....I'm limited by money so I figure this will be enough. Let me know what you think???:woohoo: