: Where do these go?

arctic_man
09-24-13, 09:19 AM
Hi,

I am on the tail end of my head gasket repair on a 99 Deville, and for the life of me, I cannot remember where these pieces went.

This one looks like a cup bushing, but I am not sure where it came from. Suspension maybe?

A Bracket of some sort, maybe for shifter?

Finally, this one came off of the rear of the engine, but I cannot find any two holes that match.

I wish my friend took better notes! I will take the blame for the last piece, but I am gonna give him a hard time for the other two :thepan:

rchalupajr
09-24-13, 02:42 PM
I am not sure about #1, but #2 is the bracket that holds the shifter linkage assembly.
I believe #3 bolts between the engine & transmission on the passenger side of the trans to
help support the housing of the transmission.

04GrandAmGT
09-27-13, 05:21 PM
i still dont get why they used that bracket in picture three they have them only on 98-99, if they didnt have them from 93-97, or 00+ why do they have to for 98-99

arctic_man
09-28-13, 08:35 PM
i still dont get why they used that bracket in picture three they have them only on 98-99, if they didnt have them from 93-97, or 00+ why do they have to for 98-99

Haha, it is apparently to support the exhaust, which seems odd to me as well. I did find where it went, and it seemed like it was supported well by itself...

Otherwise, in case anyone find this:
The first picture went to the ABS module. It is one of the mounting brackets. It normally has a rubber bushing of sorts on the inside of it. The larger cylinder sits on the ABS module itself, and the threaded end takes a nut that holds the ABS module in place. My car had 3 of them.

2nd picture is for the shifter per rchalupajr

3rd per rchalupajr, it hooks up on the pass side under the exhaust on the trans, then connect a bolt to the exhaust. Not sure if it is supporting the trans or exhaust, but seems silly.