: Brian @ Magna Charger

CVP33
04-13-05, 12:01 AM
Brian,

I tried to PM you on this but didn't receive a reply. I'd still buy the Magna Charger if the 3yr/36K mile drivetrain warranty covers the rear diff'. Does it? Please let me know. I also emailed Mike from More Performance with the same question. Anxiously awaiting your reply.

Dreamin
04-13-05, 12:59 AM
Engine and parts of tranny only...

Florian
04-13-05, 09:23 AM
Chris,

Please post paraphrased response to your Q if you would be so kind.

Florian

CVP33
04-13-05, 10:10 PM
Chris,

Please post paraphrased response to your Q if you would be so kind.

Florian

No reply to paraphrase. Both More Performance and Brian are silent. Hmmm.....

wildwhl
04-14-05, 05:34 AM
CVP33 -

Would you warranty a part that the FACTORY is constantly replacin due to failures on a stock vehicle?

There is no free lunch :bouncy:

lasstss
04-14-05, 08:20 AM
CVP33 -

Would you warranty a part that the FACTORY is constantly replacin due to failures on a stock vehicle?

In the end the maggie is a 6K kit. Worst case you have to blow $1400 for a new diff. Not all that bad. Installation is easy. The one good thing about the V is that its really easy to take apart! Pretty smart construction despite the few gremlins.

CVP33
04-14-05, 08:23 PM
Really surprised Brian didn't answer. I tried PM too. It was an honest question, not an indictment. :)

CVP33
04-14-05, 08:29 PM
CVP33 -

CTS-V $49,000 w/tax
BB Exhaust - $1,000
BB Headers - $1,250
Lloyds Mats - $250
Ling CAI - $250
GSD3's - $600
Drilled Pedals - $250
Emblems - $80
Total - $52,680

No free lunch indeed.

StealthV
04-14-05, 10:12 PM
Only $52k? You're getting by cheap. I'm pushing the $60k ballpark and like Wildwhl, my wife doesn't know headers are on the way. :lildevil:

wildwhl
04-14-05, 10:15 PM
Crap, I'd list my total but then I'd have to admit what this obsession really is costing!

CVP33...you're doing fine...it isn't hard to go another $8-10K in a hurry from there.

:lildevil: buy the maggie :lildevil:

Dave's V
04-15-05, 01:15 AM
Someone said the rear end is "only" $1400. After you pay $6k for the SC. Silence is sometimes the worst of answers.

blownchevy
04-15-05, 02:58 PM
I was not aware this thread was here until someone let me know. Sorry about that.

The powertrain warranty does not cover the rear ends.

Please e-mail me if you have any pressing questions from now on. That is the best/quickest way to get me.

brian@magnusonproducts.com

Thanks,
B

Florian
04-15-05, 03:38 PM
Wheres the Shocked icon....here it is :shocked:

blownchevy
04-15-05, 04:58 PM
No need to be shocked....it does not cover the rear end on the trucks, vettes, GTO, or SSR.

CVP33
04-15-05, 06:44 PM
:hide: I think everyone took my thread the wrong way. I did try to PM Brian with the question prior to creating a thread. My question was just that, a question. I don't expect Magna Charger to cover a part that we have already identified as faulty and under-engineered. I also understand that diff's break with or without S/C's. Unfortunately only the ones without S/C's are replace for free. My hope was that Magna Charger's extended warranty was administered by a third party who would cover the differential. Now I know that all hope is lost. Now I still may get a S/C but I now know that inevitably it will cost me +$1,400 down the road. If that's the price to play then so be it.

BTW - Brian your company builds a great product. Now Cadillac, I'm beginning to wonder.

blownchevy
04-15-05, 10:12 PM
:hide: I think everyone took my thread the wrong way. I did try to PM Brian with the question prior to creating a thread. My question was just that, a question. I don't expect Magna Charger to cover a part that we have already identified as faulty and under-engineered. I also understand that diff's break with or without S/C's. Unfortunately only the ones without S/C's are replace for free. My hope was that Magna Charger's extended warranty was administered by a third party who would cover the differential. Now I know that all hope is lost. Now I still may get a S/C but I now know that inevitably it will cost me +$1,400 down the road. If that's the price to play then so be it.

BTW - Brian your company builds a great product. Now Cadillac, I'm beginning to wonder.

Thanks! If you need anything just let me know.