: funny engine/drivetrain noise...

SBONES
04-12-05, 07:45 PM
I dont know maybe im nutz, but when i pull out and slowly wind up 1st gear it sounds like my drivetrain is lounder than normal. Now im just hitting 8000 miles ont the car, and im wondering if the noise i hear is just my car braking in maybe? I really think Nothing is wrong, I just want some reinsurance on the subject. Im coming from a gs 430 lexus, automatic, it was always smooth, like the first day i got it. Also im noticing that when i downshift from 3rd to 2nd, im hearing a winding noise doesnt seem to do it all the time. If the radio is on you wont hear it. I think this is the differance between the Japs and american cars. They seem like they are quiter.:hmm: If im in 5th gear and just smack the gas it wil make a clunk, clunk noise. You must listen carefully, its there...

CVP33
04-13-05, 12:08 AM
I'll bet that I know what it is.

SBONES
04-13-05, 08:06 AM
your killing me. As the car brakes in, will it get louder. It just not that smooth sounding anymore...yes i know its new but is there anyone who can service my driveshaft and tranny to make sure all is well...:cookoo: :confused: