: Speaker Sizes in a 99

NolaBoy
04-12-05, 10:05 AM
Does anyone know the correct speaker sizes in a 99 w/o the bose system. Time to upgrade :thumbsup:

Vesicant
04-12-05, 04:14 PM
Hmm...

I think the woofer/speakers are 5" - id go in and measure reguardless. Not sure what size the tweeters are.

Try searching the net and the forums as well.

CateraSport
04-12-05, 04:33 PM
I did a full upgrade, and up front I have 5.25" component set (size of tweeter won't matter, get a component set)..

In the rear deck, I originally bought 6x9s but found out they're 6.5".. So I got another set of 6.5" components and wahlaa!

PS: Jeffrey - Do you know if there are any other speakers in the car other than the rear deck and the front doors? When I had my bose system, a friend and I tried to figure out where the heavy mid-bass would come from and it seemed like it was under the seats or something... Maybe I'm just weird. But anyway, the upgraded system blew doors off the bose system! I went with Orion.

AllenPacla
04-12-05, 04:45 PM
Did you have to upgrade the amplifiers as well Caterasport or you just did the speaker upgrade? And is it possible to create an input connector to the Bose Radio/Casette that my 97 is equipped with? I am thinking of something where i can easily connect an external mp3 player perhaps or other audio device. I'm thinking of getting the input from the am radio and dangling it out. I am no technician so I am not sure if this is possible at all.

NolaBoy
04-12-05, 04:48 PM
can 6.5's will fit in the front also. In an older post Jeff you stated that the front was 6.5 also. i will try to find the link real quick

NolaBoy
04-12-05, 04:51 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16562

it was for a 98 but there shouldnt be any difference right?

Vesicant
04-12-05, 06:52 PM
Yeah its 6.5 - Just wasnt sure of myself. Years are the same.

Did you have to upgrade the amplifiers as well Caterasport or you just did the speaker upgrade? And is it possible to create an input connector to the Bose Radio/Casette that my 97 is equipped with? I am thinking of something where i can easily connect an external mp3 player perhaps or other audio device. I'm thinking of getting the input from the am radio and dangling it out. I am no technician so I am not sure if this is possible at all.

Nola' doesnt have the Bose option your Catera has. One can get auxillary rca adapters or an FM Modulator off the antenna to do a hookup. The Modulator should be easy but the auxillary i dont know would work with the bose that well. An audio install shop could do something like this for you Allen.

NolaBoy
04-12-05, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the help Jeff :thumbsup: :cheers:

AllenPacla
04-12-05, 10:05 PM
One can get auxillary rca adapters or an FM Modulator off the antenna to do a hookup.

How would the sound quality compare with something that is hardwired to the system? Because I have been considering an XM radio receiver as well, I know for a fact that they hook up with any radio receiver via FM modulator. Would I get an excellent quality or a so-so one?