: Local meetings, any interest?

Katshot
10-14-03, 09:59 PM
Well? In my area, it seems there's actually quite a few members. So what about organizing local clubs, or at least organizing local meetings/social outings of our members? Is there any interest? I'm in Newtown, PA and there seems to be at least a few members within a half hour or so of each other here. There was also a comment about the Tampa, FL area.
There IS an upcoming gathering of GM cars at the Englishtown drag strip (Old Bridge Twp. Raceway Park) on Oct. 25 if there's any interest in members from here showing up to race or just hang-out (most just hang-out to be honest). Besides that outing, I'm proposing putting together an informal dinner/drinks kind of thing at a local restaurant. So what does everyone think?

AKPsiMC03
10-14-03, 10:02 PM
ill make the trip from CT for that.

anyone else in CT wanna caravan down there?

BUILDINGCTSAMG
10-14-03, 10:08 PM
Anyone wanna do a georgia deal?

DaveSmed
10-14-03, 10:13 PM
EFI? Oh well, the hang out part sounds fun though. Gas is gonna kill me though, at least its cheaper over in Jersey. That and the fact that Old Bridge is in the middle of nowhere. (Mapquest uses a dirt road)

ShadowLvr400
10-15-03, 07:27 AM
I'm on the opposite side of the state from you Tampa boys, but definately interested in a meet. If we want to do it at a car show, Old-Town in Kissimmee, every friday night they have a car show that's free to enter. If anyone else would be interested, I can get at least 1 more Cadillac (89 Brougham) from my side to go to that.

HotRodSaint
10-15-03, 08:16 AM
Good idea Kat. I'm in TN which means I'm in between FL and PA. So which one would I choose during the winter months, what a hard decision that is going to be! :D

Actually, work is pretty heavy right now so making that road trip, even to GA, is going to be difficult anytime soon.

But we should pick an event or two for next year, whether it be GM, Cadillac, vintage, hot rods or what have you, and make it an annual gathering place.

I was going to do the Woodward Cruise this year in Detroit, but I had too much going on to be able to drive there.

JJhomer83
10-15-03, 08:25 AM
Im down with either of the choices about englishtown or for drinks. You are right katshot we wouldn't race, at least i wouldn't, i would just watch. As long as its on a weekend im cool with it

Katshot
10-15-03, 09:24 AM
HRS,
I think there's actually a decent amount of people near you too. I seem to remember at least a couple people saying they were in TN.

Josh,
Yeah, definately on a weekend. Too busy during the week. Also, believe me, racing is only a small part of what most car owners do, and an even SMALLER part of what the average Cadillac owner does. ;) I was just using this previously set date as an excuse to get some members together.

JJhomer83
10-15-03, 09:34 AM
Kevin,
I know what you mean about getting everyone together with that date. I say we start planning on a date and time. Do we want to use that date and go? Who is down? What weekends aren't good, what kind of beer does everyone drink? What kind of BBQ food? Or out to eat?

Stoneage_Caddy
10-15-03, 09:40 AM
"But we should pick an event or two for next year, whether it be GM, Cadillac, vintage, hot rods or what have you, and make it an annual gathering place."

i like this idea alot , then we could all get to together ...maybe at the vette plant in blowing green or something , id say hammtrack or dallas but those are to far for me , so if we went to green then wed be at a birth place of caddys

as for the kissime idea , im for it , well have to see if the other tampa boys wanna make a road trip , i imagine sandman would be game , then again he hasnt said much regarding a tampa meet

we need a meet/show section of the forums

davesdeville
10-15-03, 06:47 PM
Cool idea for you guys. I think I'll have a NM meet right now, everyone here? Head count. 1. Everyone's here, let the meeting begin.

JJhomer83
10-16-03, 04:44 PM
HEY i have a great idea.

We should have a race day at arnolds go karts

http://www.arnoldsgokarts.com/
i can get us discounts if we have some decent head counts. Let me know who is game. Its great and they do fly

Katshot
10-16-03, 09:11 PM
Where the hell is OAKs, PA?

elwesso
10-16-03, 09:36 PM
Its right between Wonderland and Oz....... :histeric:

If anyone wants to, we're having a NICO meet in Indianapolis..... I dont think anyone here is from the indiana area.......

JJhomer83
10-16-03, 11:24 PM
Its right between Wonderland and Oz....... :histeric:

If anyone wants to, we're having a NICO meet in Indianapolis..... I dont think anyone here is from the indiana area.......
Its right near King of Prussia off of 422

BeelzeBob
10-16-03, 11:29 PM
This IS a great idea.. We SHOULD have local meets. I'd like to move this into the "suggestions" area but it wouldn't get as much exposure as here...

JJhomer83
10-16-03, 11:43 PM
about arnolds. Its great your on this cars that are about 2 inches or less above the ground and you fly around this track. Id say it is about 35mph tops but it feels a lot higher. I know that's were the vette club goes and i go there every once and awhile.

DaveSmed
10-17-03, 02:50 PM
So Who is planning to go to E-Town Oct. 25 9am to 3pm? I know I am, and so is Kevin...

JJhomer83
10-17-03, 02:55 PM
So Who is planning to go to E-Town Oct. 25 9am to 3pm? I know I am, and so is Kevin...

How far is e town from where i am. Directions or an area where it is

DaveSmed
10-17-03, 03:02 PM
For Directions from where you live, see http://racewaypark.com/ Once you get close, there are signs you can follow.

JJhomer83
10-17-03, 03:07 PM
For Directions from where you live, see http://racewaypark.com/ Once you get close, there are signs you can follow.

I would love to go. What time is everyone planning on going down. Anything i should know ahead of time. (besides clean my car so i don't look to bad next to some of the other cars you guys got.)

Katshot
10-17-03, 04:28 PM
I wouldn't sweat it too bad. You should see what shows up down there. :rolleyes:
Nothing special, bring a folding chair if you want to hang by the cars, otherwise you can hang in the stands.
What time does it start? Is it 9am - 3pm? If so, I'll probably be there around 9:00.
Anyone want to meet for breakfast and then we can just caravan down from there?

JJhomer83
10-17-03, 04:31 PM
I wouldn't sweat it too bad. You should see what shows up down there. :rolleyes:
Nothing special, bring a folding chair if you want to hang by the cars, otherwise you can hang in the stands.
What time does it start? Is it 9am - 3pm? If so, I'll probably be there around 9:00.
Anyone want to meet for breakfast and then we can just caravan down from there?

I would like to go for breakfast that's cool it would make it easier for directions on my part.
side note - woman coming or not ---she is peering over my shoulder as i type this.

DaveSmed
10-17-03, 06:59 PM
Add a cooler with beverages in with the chair. You'll thank me when you see what they charge. (Atco's vending machines alone charge $3.00)

JJhomer83
10-18-03, 10:23 AM
Add a cooler with beverages in with the chair. You'll thank me when you see what they charge. (Atco's vending machines alone charge $3.00)

is it a good idea to bring beer.
Ill get a whole bunch of micro brews for the guys if someone packs me a lunch i got the beer.
Let me know of any favorites

FYI
miller, coores, bud they are NOT beer. That is flavored water that you pay tooo much for

Katshot
10-18-03, 06:08 PM
I would like to go for breakfast that's cool it would make it easier for directions on my part.
side note - woman coming or not ---she is peering over my shoulder as i type this.

I brought my daughter last time, some guys DID bring wives, girl friends etc. It's DEFINATELY NOT a guy-only thing.

JJhomer83
10-18-03, 08:53 PM
I brought my daughter last time, some guys DID bring wives, girl friends etc. It's DEFINATELY NOT a guy-only thing.

Cool she really wants to go and see some of the cars. Do you guys want to do the breakfast thing and then go if so where?

elwesso
10-18-03, 09:36 PM
Man I wish I could come....... I just got back from a NICO meet, where there were 7 G35s there, in assorted colors and coupes/sedans....... But PA would be quite a drive just for one weekend......!

DaveSmed
10-18-03, 10:22 PM
I have no idea of any good breakfast places there, but I would go. So 3 Caddys. Anyone else? Sandy your probably closer to Englishtown than anyone else, are you going? How about Bill? Weather for Saturday is supposed to be good too.

Katshot
10-19-03, 10:07 AM
I'm figuring maybe someplace in Bensalem that way it's easy for Josh coming in via the TP. I'm guessing he'll be coming down the Northeast extension and then in on Rt 1. He could then jump on Street Rd and we could meet at the IHOP just down the street from the I-95 ramp. This sound doable?

DaveSmed
10-19-03, 01:24 PM
Sounds good to me. What time?

Katshot
10-19-03, 07:46 PM
7- 7:30? I'm only about a half hour away but Josh is a bit further. The track is about 45 minutes to an hour from Bensalem I'd say so figure a half hour or so for breakfast........
This sound about right?

JJhomer83
10-19-03, 11:36 PM
7- 7:30? I'm only about a half hour away but Josh is a bit further. The track is about 45 minutes to an hour from Bensalem I'd say so figure a half hour or so for breakfast........
This sound about right?

I talked to people who have been to Etown and it is about 1hr 30 mins from house. Yes kevin ill jump on the NE extenstion and shoot down that way. 7-730 at breakfast or leave or at track???

Katshot
10-20-03, 05:54 AM
7-7:30 at the IHOP. Since we are in agreement, let's firm up the time. 7:00 or 7:30?

JJhomer83
10-20-03, 08:28 AM
7-7:30 at the IHOP. Since we are in agreement, let's firm up the time. 7:00 or 7:30?

Where is this IHOP located. I am happy either way. Both times are much earlier than i normally wake up at. I have an award dinner to go to that night so 7 is my vote.

Is it only the 3 of us so far. Anyone bringing friends/family?

JJhomer83
10-20-03, 09:31 AM
Hey AKPsiMC03, Sal, and others
You guys gonna make the trip to Etown. There are only 3 caddys going we need more than that. It could be a way to promote cadillacforums.com

Katshot
10-20-03, 09:42 AM
Yeah, I'll be bringing at least one freind and one or more of my kids. 7:00 is cool with me too. The IHOP is listed as being at 1982 Street Rd. in Bensalem. I have a map that I can fax or email if you want, or you can "Mapquest" it. Let me know.

JJhomer83
10-20-03, 09:51 AM
Yeah, I'll be bringing at least one freind and one or more of my kids. 7:00 is cool with me too. The IHOP is listed as being at 1982 Street Rd. in Bensalem. I have a map that I can fax or email if you want, or you can "Mapquest" it. Let me know.

that is good with me. It looks like it is about 40 mins from my house. That is cool but im warning people i am cranky in the morning untill i get my coffee. :)

Katshot
10-20-03, 12:50 PM
That's cool, we won't say a word to you before your coffee. ;) 7:00am Saturday it is at the IHOP(weather permitting). If it's rainy or LOOKS like rain any second, forget it. I did that last time and I WON'T do it again.

JJhomer83
10-20-03, 01:16 PM
That's cool, we won't say a word to you before your coffee. ;) 7:00am Saturday it is at the IHOP(weather permitting). If it's rainy or LOOKS like rain any second, forget it. I did that last time and I WON'T do it again.

weather for Etown
Fri
Oct 24 Partly Cloudy 56/35 10 %
Sat
Oct 25 Partly Cloudy 58/44 10 %
Sun
Oct 26 Partly Cloudy 65/50 10 %

toomanytoyz
10-20-03, 01:35 PM
Hey Guys! Sorry it took me so long to respond to this thread! I figured it was for PA locals, so I never even looked at it. ;)

I'll definately be at E-town this weekend. I'm in the Impala Race series though, so I'll be racing. :) I'll be parked with the Impala club guys. It's a double points final for me, and I have a good chance of getting into the top 10 if I make it a few rounds (I'm number 13 in the points now!). :D

I'm staying with a buddy in Montevale, NJ for the weekend, and have no idea where that is in relation to where you guys'll be meeting up. It's almost an hour from the track though. :confused:

It'll be nice to put some faces to names too... And let's see if we can't convince Sal to come down too... (He's gotta pick up the rims from me anyways! ;) )

JJhomer83
10-21-03, 09:27 AM
Hey Guys! Sorry it took me so long to respond to this thread! I figured it was for PA locals, so I never even looked at it. ;)

I'll definately be at E-town this weekend. I'm in the Impala Race series though, so I'll be racing. :) I'll be parked with the Impala club guys. It's a double points final for me, and I have a good chance of getting into the top 10 if I make it a few rounds (I'm number 13 in the points now!). :D

I'm staying with a buddy in Montevale, NJ for the weekend, and have no idea where that is in relation to where you guys'll be meeting up. It's almost an hour from the track though. :confused:

It'll be nice to put some faces to names too... And let's see if we can't convince Sal to come down too... (He's gotta pick up the rims from me anyways! ;) )

That's great so far i think its just 4 members going down. Hopefully others will want to go. Anyone want to make a trip. Car pool with people if you need to. Lets make this bigger.

the Sandman
10-21-03, 01:07 PM
i like this idea alot , then we could all get to together ...maybe at the vette plant in blowing green or something , id say hammtrack or dallas but those are to far for me , so if we went to green then wed be at a birth place of caddys

as for the kissime idea , im for it , well have to see if the other tampa boys wanna make a road trip , i imagine sandman would be game , then again he hasnt said much regarding a tampa meet Sorry - I wasn't following this thread...

Sure - I'd be interested. Any specifics been discussed? Timeframe?

DaveSmed
10-21-03, 07:11 PM
7:00 it is. Glad to hear that your coming Bill. I'll see if any of my buddies want to go.

JJhomer83
10-22-03, 09:04 AM
7:00 it is. Glad to hear that your coming Bill. I'll see if any of my buddies want to go.

Hey guys about saturday. Anyone know if you can bring beer? If so what kind of beer you guys like. Ill bring extra if you want. BTW (miller, bud, coors are not beer)

DaveSmed
10-22-03, 12:35 PM
IIRC the only limitation is you cannot sell it. That is why at the swap meets there people sell rocks. After you buy a rock, to be sociable, they give you a beer. I'm only 16, so none for me. (Don't want to get anyone in trouble)

JJhomer83
10-22-03, 03:13 PM
IIRC the only limitation is you cannot sell it. That is why at the swap meets there people sell rocks. After you buy a rock, to be sociable, they give you a beer. I'm only 16, so none for me. (Don't want to get anyone in trouble)

I don't plan on selling any of it. I just like to have a couple of beers to relax. Thanks for the heads up though

DaveSmed
10-22-03, 08:58 PM
I'm bringing a few more people, my dad decided he wanted to come, and one of my friends who is considering geting a Caddy might come along.

toomanytoyz
10-23-03, 07:29 AM
Check their website and see if alchohol is allowed in the pits. I am pretty sure that it is not. Ya know, beer and driving don't tend to mix, so I doubt they'd allow it... Just my guess, but check their site to be sure.

JJhomer83
10-23-03, 08:28 AM
Check their website and see if alchohol is allowed in the pits. I am pretty sure that it is not. Ya know, beer and driving don't tend to mix, so I doubt they'd allow it... Just my guess, but check their site to be sure.

Just to be on the safe side im not going to bother. It sounds like it won't be worth it. Cars going fast will act as my acohol instead.

JJhomer83
10-23-03, 09:18 AM
WEATHER LOOKING GOOD
Fri
Oct 24 Mostly Sunny 53/36 0 %
Sat
Oct 25 Partly Cloudy 60/54 10 %
Sun
Oct 26 Cloudy 68/58 20 %

going to be a cold one though

DaveSmed
10-25-03, 08:28 PM
Im down with either of the choices about englishtown or for drinks. You are right katshot we wouldn't race, at least i wouldn't, i would just watch. As long as its on a weekend im cool with it

Riight. Well to be fair, you STILL couldn't decide if you wanted to race, even AFTER the tree went green.... :histeric:

littlespec16
10-25-03, 09:17 PM
yea i can defend that since i beat him all 3 times...haha sorry josh, call me when you do some better mods then just the old man's hat...proves that it's an old man's car...haha

JJhomer83
10-26-03, 11:23 AM
yea i can defend that since i beat him all 3 times...haha sorry josh, call me when you do some better mods then just the old man's hat...proves that it's an old man's car...haha

Acaully my "old man" bought me an air induction system for the car. I will hold you to that offer. Maybe the 2 of us can get below 16.

Beefcurtains
10-26-03, 07:02 PM
Hey guys the next time you guys do a meet let me know i currently live in DC, but i also have a home in Lansdale, PA. I'll definately run up for a meet.