: Eye Candy.

Caddy Lover
04-12-05, 03:28 AM
http://images.autotrader.com/images/2005/3/8/179/191/1314683258.179191825.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jp g

Not too shabby eh? An '05 with 1,083 Miles. The dealer is asking $49,900. Not the BEST deal I've seen but, not the worst either. Looks pretty great huh? I'm still considering buying a V, this pic tempts me even more. :coolgleam

PneuBird
04-12-05, 04:23 AM
Hey Candy Lover.....where youfrom? :coolgleam

CTSV05
04-12-05, 07:19 AM
Nice, is that in Ohio?

Caddy Lover
04-12-05, 12:17 PM
Yeah, it's in Marysville Ohio. I curently live in California though (Big mistake!) I'll soon be moving back near Toledo in June. So, is there anyone who would NOT recommend purchasing a V? I've already heard about the rear end problems with some owners but, I think I'll take my chances. (There's always a warranty)

Harley Guy
04-12-05, 12:37 PM
I have had my 2005 V since Aug '04. I have about 8,000 miles on it. I love the car. I had the vibration problem and got it pretty well solved. Also had a problem with sunroof that caused a total replacement. I am much more of a road race type guy than the drag race type. I don't honestly have a big problem with the wheel hop. Wish it were not there, but very seldom is an issue. This is a very fun car to drive and it is about as exclusive as you can get without paying way more $. If the car speaks to you, then buy it.

Caddy Lover
04-12-05, 12:56 PM
Thanks for your input, Harley Guy. It definitely speaks to me, I absolutely love the car. I've already researched it as much as i possibly can, and when i test drove one I almost made the transaction immediately. I just wanted to wait a few more weeks until I move back to Ohio, I'll buy it there. From what i hear, $50,000 cars aren't exactly selling like hot cakes back in Ohio....well, compared to here in Orange county. The prices on the internet seem to back that info up as well.

homer403
04-12-05, 04:10 PM
IMHO, those wheels are to BLING BLING :eek: for me, I would make them give back our beautiful SpeedLine rims. I recommending getting a V. If your concern about the read end, many of us got an extended component warranty from GM for 7 years/100,000 miles free (just look up in Corporate Letters section of this forum for my form letter).

I got my car back in Nov 2004, it's a 2005 and I have had no problems (knock on wood). Trust me, I don't baby it... just recently took it to Virginia International Raceway for 2 days of hard driving:shhh: .

sefa01
04-12-05, 06:00 PM
IMHO, those wheels are to BLING BLING :eek: for me, I would make them give back our beautiful SpeedLine rims. I recommending getting a V. If your concern about the read end, many of us got an extended component warranty from GM for 7 years/100,000 miles free (just look up in Corporate Letters section of this forum for my form letter).

I, for one, didn't get an extended warranty. Can you a)refer me specifically to the form letter you referred to--I couldn't find it, and b)are you or anyone else willing to let me refer to your actual name and/or VIN #. Otherwise, they are just going to try to blow me off.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sefa01
"only" on my second rear end

homer403
04-12-05, 07:13 PM
Here is the link... http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29613 for the form letter that got many of us the extended component warranty.

Here's how you do it... first we all have wheel hop, those who say they don't are in denial. Complete the letter and send to Cadillac Assist, can either mail it or eMail it (I recommend eMailing it to assist@cadillac.com). You will get a call from GM and they will ask you to take your car to a dealer to verify wheel hop. Your service writes it up, yup wheel hop exist and no fix available. What happends next is that GM contacts the service manager and realizes (here's the catch) that the wheel hop may contribute to future damages... and that's why they will give you an extended component warranty for 7 years/100,000 miles for the rear end, AGAIN not for wheel hop, but for the damage it may contribute. Just make sure you have a good relationship with yur service manager to avoid any problems.

If you need my VIN, just PM me when you need it.

CTSV05
04-12-05, 08:00 PM
I wouldn't even hesitate!!!!

But...I would wait til you leave Loony Land before you buy!!!LOL!!!!

Caddy Lover
04-12-05, 08:57 PM
Thanks for all the info, guys!