: repair cost?

NewCadOwner
04-12-05, 04:08 AM
I have a ticking noise in my cat, and I'm assuming its the valve lifters...can anyone give me an estimate of how much it would cost to correct this?

omermurat
04-12-05, 10:03 AM
How bad is the ticking? Some ticking is normal when the engine is cold, and it should turn back to normal.

tracyxst
04-12-05, 11:22 AM
I have a ticking noise also, its terrible when idling at start up or even and at the end of the drive. The noise comes and goes - sometimes I don't hear the ticking while idling and then in that same moment it starts ticking while I'm standing there.

omermurat
04-12-05, 12:19 PM
How is your oil pressure? Is it too low when idling or flactuates?

NewCadOwner
04-13-05, 03:05 AM
fluctuates...and the Oil light goes on after about 20 mins of driving...and I know it's not the oil

omermurat
04-13-05, 09:55 AM
Which oil light is it? Yellow or red?

NewCadOwner
04-14-05, 02:32 AM
red...I didn't even know there was a yellow one

omermurat
04-14-05, 07:54 AM
Red oil light means that your oil pressure drops way down and you need a fix immediately. Some say it's sensor, some say it's the gauge, but you also have valve tickning which means the pressure is actually down.

I used to have the same problem on mine, and I solved it by installing an auxilary oil cooler to the system, and it took care of the problem. But in the mean time you might want to switch to 0w40 oil to keep that red light off. It's VERY IMPORTANT, if you want to keep that engine alive...!

There are previous threads about that, simply search for them.

Good luck :O