: New V owner; anything I can do??

WillyV
04-11-05, 08:11 PM
I just bought an 04 platinum certified pre-owned from a dealer a few hundred miles away from me. I bought the car in response to an autotrader ad and had my brother test drive the car and make sure it's in good condition. He said everything looked good, so I bought the car by overnighting the purchase contract and loan papers.

Here's the kicker: The ad says the car has a sunroof, but it actually doesn't. What can I do? Did the dealer misrepresnt the vehicle? Am I basically screwed since I took delivery? Can I make them put a sunroof in?

By the way, I can't wait to freaking drive this thing! I own an 04 GTO, but I've got twins on the way so I needed something with 4 doors.

heavymetals
04-11-05, 08:43 PM
There are time limits on contracts and you can get out of it if there is still time.

I think it is 72 hours.

You have to read the fine print or look up the statues in your state.

Start there, or decide if you really want a sunroof.

DILLIGAF
04-11-05, 08:48 PM
A sunroof isn't worth the trouble if you like the car.But I would raise hell if they don't reimburse you for the value of the roof.I never use mine,might as well not be there.My .02

CTSV05
04-12-05, 12:52 AM
I agree, make sure you can back out, I know Ohio has a 3 day cooling off period.

But, if you like the car, just make sure you weren't charged for the roof, if so, have them make an adjustment, or back out.

My advice, DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR TIL THIS IS SETTLED!!!! or you may be prone to eat the money....LOL!!!

WillyV
04-12-05, 11:13 AM
The dealer offerred to install a sunroof or give me $895. I took the cash. Great dealer so far.

heavymetals
04-12-05, 01:46 PM
Now you can almost afford an exhaust.
You will get more out of that then a sunroof. :histeric:

CTSV05
04-12-05, 05:44 PM
Good News!!!!!

See they're out there!