: 2006 Cts-v?

benh
04-11-05, 08:11 PM
I remeber reading a while back that today was the day that official information was to be made available with respect to the 06 version . . . does anyone have the word?

steve711
04-11-05, 08:41 PM
today was the day?

It would be nice to hear something confirmed furshure.

msheri01
04-11-05, 11:41 PM
The order information is in the system. The car will have the LS2, and the CTS-V still is only available with the 6 speed. The system was supposed to accept orders today, but only took for the XLR, the other models have been backed up a couple of weeks.

benh
04-12-05, 08:37 AM
Thanks, Mary. Do you have any other information that you can share? The one thing I am most interersted in is whether Caddy has modified the rear diffs to help prevent the issues that some have experienced. I am hoping that they have; instead of waiting until the rediesign of the whole car in 07.

djufo
04-12-05, 03:25 PM
so de 06 is coming out in 2 weeks?

SamaS
04-12-05, 04:00 PM
so de 06 is coming out in 2 weeks?

No, I think in 2 weeks orders for the 06 will start being accepted.

It's good to read that the LS2 is official. Does anyone know if
the differential will be beefed up or the shifter throw tightened
up?

Those fixes could sway me to make a purchase. I realize the
cheesy interior, floor mounted parking brake and Shaq-sized
pedal placement probably won't be addressed until the next
generation (2007).

MSMITH
04-12-05, 04:58 PM
Last I checked the online order guide wasn't going to have the info on the '06 until May 2nd, and the car won't go into production until mid September, and according to our rep (who also drives a V), the LS2 is a no go, no real engine changes planned until '07.

msheri01
04-12-05, 06:53 PM
I was referring to the actual VOMS order entry fields, which are already populated, and the only engine choice is the LS2. The orders are frequently able to be entered before the order guide is available. I have already ordered our 2006 XLR vehicles, with the exception of the Star Black and V-series, and already have the order numbers. The time frame was an estimate, based on the messages within VOMS itself.