: Anyone want this engine?!?

Silver1
04-11-05, 02:12 PM
:bouncy: Saw this on GM press release. I WANT ONE!!! This is the engine we need in the CTS-V with a six speed, of course (or the LS7)! Nice to see the boys at GM are still coming up with new drool toys...

"The STS SAE 100 is powered by a supercharged LS2 engine yielding 505 horsepower at 5600 rpm and 520 lb.-ft. of torque at 3600 rpm. It is mated to GM HydraMatic's newly developed, longitudinal 6L90E six-speed transmission, capable of supporting more powerful engines like the supercharged LS2. The transmission features Driver Shift Control, which gives the driver the ability to shift gears sequentially with a tap up/ tap down mechanism."

http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayServlet?target=http://image.emerald.gm.com/gmnews/viewmonthlyreleasedetail.do?domain=74&docid=13824

CaddyGeek
04-11-05, 06:55 PM
Ill never understand GM... this engine could be in the STS-V. Along with better performance than the 440hp northstar it would be giving the kids on BMW forums fits that it had a bit more hp than the new M5 as well as gobs more torque... The LS2 has been confirmed for the CTS-V for 06, well why not this engine?!.. because of the Z06 "only" putting down 500/475? I hope not. This engine could be used in every car across the V line. 10K+ motors a year would make it economical IMO. I hate teaser stuff like this. GRR :want:

CVP33
04-11-05, 07:18 PM
Did you ever get the feeling that you bought the model, just before the one where they figured everything out?:banghead:

heavymetals
04-11-05, 08:35 PM
I bought mine thinking that they finally got their act together!

What a Fun car to drive. :)

I do wish for a heads up display.

I like the one in my Z06 :thumbsup:

ronr
04-11-05, 09:23 PM
I was at the SAE Show today and saw the STS from the press release and the new Z06. Pretty sweet rides. If you're near Detroit this week you should visit the show.

riverrat
04-11-05, 10:09 PM
I'm with heavymetals I also miss the HUD that I have on the Z06.

GNSCOTT
04-12-05, 03:35 PM
Well did anyone else knotice this line

six-speed transmission, capable of supporting more powerful engines like the supercharged LS2.

The supercharged LS2? Wasn't that the super CTS-V's projected motor?:lildevil:

We are getting the LS2 for sure. Can't wait to see whats on top of it.

MikeF
04-13-05, 12:54 AM
Did you ever get the feeling that you bought the model, just before the one where they figured everything out?:banghead:

Only for every performance car/bike I've ever bought, and I've bought a few!

wildwhl
04-13-05, 01:53 AM
Sort of reminds me of buying a computer or software...and yeah, every friggin' bike I've ever had was "almost the best one"...:nono: